angelcoba
SANTORUM2012

The argument is about the Rights of the unborn.

SANTORUM2012

angelcoba

Con

My opponent will support "the rights of the unborn" and I will go against it.

Start your argument in the very first round. Good Luck
SANTORUM2012

Pro

My argument will not be apposing any type of contraceptives or birth control... I am simply stating that an unborn child should have rights.
angelcoba

Con

Is a Fetus a Human Being?

Response: ---------- Negative, a fetus is not a human being. Why? When the fetus becomes 3 month by law, its human. The fetus is undeveloped. Three trimesters every 3 months, it will be a great idea that you abort a fetus before it becomes 3 months because you can tell that it's person and if you reach the 2nd trimester to abort a baby then is crazy because the baby has to be pulled apart destroying the baby/fetus.

Simple knowledge: A 'fetus becomes human about 9 months prior to birth.

Does the Fetus have rights?

----- Of course not, the fetus does not have any rights ,if it did abortion would not be legal. Embryos also have no rights hence, the legality of stem cell research.
SANTORUM2012

Pro

My Arguments

Unborn babies feel pain...
Studies have shown that unborn babies can feel pain as early as the 17th week of pregnancy. In most states however, abortion is legal as far along as the 20th week of pregnancy. Fetus's have been known to flinch and jerk away from Medical Tools used for abortion and incisions.

It should not be a mothers choice to murder her baby...
The baby may reside in the mother but it is not her. The baby has different DNA and could even be the opposite gender. Think of it this way you reside in a home of some sort, however, you are not a part of that home.

Rebuttal Opponent

"Unborn babies do not have rights..."
Someone is considered a human if there is signs of brain activity and/or a heartbeat. An unborn baby can have one or both characteristics as early as 1 week old.

If some murders a woman while she is pregnant then the offender will be charged with a double homicide. If the unborn baby is not a human then how on God's green earth could it be a victim of homicide?

My opponent...

He states that the law counts a fetus a person at 3 months which is around 12 weeks. My argument above clarifies that abortions are allowed up until 20 weeks allowed. So by my opponents on admission, there is an eight week interval where killing a human being is by his logic completely justified.
angelcoba

Con

"Unborn babies feel pain...
Studies have shown that unborn babies can feel pain as early as the 17th week of pregnancy. In most states however, abortion is legal as far along as the 20th week of pregnancy."

-That is what you stated in round 2, please provide evidence from where you got your information. I feel that you that up. Babies don't feel pain at all. The only pain they feel is when they're born.

"It should not be a mothers choice to murder her baby..."

-If it should not be the mother's choice to have an abortion then the U.S. should make abortion illegal.

Over to Pro
SANTORUM2012

Pro

My opponent maintains the belief that fetus’s do not feel pain. I have done as he asked and provided a few credible sources that do in fact support that fetus’s do feel pain…

Abortion is difficult and painful for the unborn child. Surgeon Robert P. N. Shearin states that:

“As early as eight to ten weeks after conception, and definitely by thirteen-and-a-half weeks, the unborn experiences organic pain…. First, the unborn child's mouth, at eight weeks, then her hands at ten weeks, then her face, arms, and legs at eleven weeks become sensitive to touch. By thirteen-and-a-half weeks, she responds to pain at all levels of her nervous system in an integrated response which cannot be termed a mere reflex. She can now experience pain”

http://www.abortionfacts.com...

“5 Weeks Pain Receptors

Four or five weeks after conception, pain receptors appear around the mouth, followed by nerve fibers, which carry stimuli to the brain. By 18 weeks, pain receptors have appeared throughout the body. Around week 6, the unborn child first responds to touch.”

http://www.nrlc.org...

My opponent ignored my other arguments of the fetus having rights in criminal cases and the fact that the baby is in fact different from the mother.

I do have to agree with con when he says

“If it should not be the mother's choice to have an abortion then the U.S. should make abortion illegal.”

Thank you for viewing this debate and I think you will find my arguments more valid and over all convincing.

Vote Pro!!!!

Posted by angelcoba 4 years ago
angelcoba
Pro did not even show why fetus has rights!!!!!!
Posted by SANTORUM2012 4 years ago
SANTORUM2012
If you have forgotten, you started the debate therefore you have the burden of proof. Good luck on further. debates :)
Posted by angelcoba 4 years ago
angelcoba
induced you're foolish, I'd like to see you debate me
Posted by angelcoba 4 years ago
angelcoba
You hooligan, you failed to demonstrate the rights of the unborn.
Posted by angelcoba 4 years ago
angelcoba
Good Luck
Vote Placed by qopel 4 years ago
qopel
angelcobaSANTORUM2012Tied
Reasons for voting decision: This was not a debate about feeling pain. It was pointed out that "unborn" can either be classified as human or fetus, depending on what stage, so it was impossible to say either way if an "unborn" should have rights.
Vote Placed by induced 4 years ago
induced
angelcobaSANTORUM2012Tied
Reasons for voting decision: con thinks babies dont feel anything until they are born? how stupid.