Dexterpatino1975
TBR

The authenticity of the Bible

TBR

Dexterpatino1975

Pro

They say that the Bible is not reliable to follow, especially in this present times. There is no such thing that we can trust of his authenticity. First it is Outdated, Secondly there are a lot of contradictions in it, and finally different translations are misleading.

I don't think so. The Bible is something that can change your lives, knowing what is good and bad, it is back it up with true science, medicines, morale, technologies, biology, etc., believing that God is Existing, the origin of life, human, animals, universe, invisible and visible. The authenticity of the Bible is very unique and cannot be disputed when it comes to HISTORY, SCIENCE, MEDICAL and etc.
TBR

Con

I accept the debate.

Since pro has forwarded an argument in round one, I will use my first round to begin rebuttals to the primary points supporting his argument. "[The Bible] cannot be disputed when it comes to HISTORY, SCIENCE, MEDICAL and etc."

This debate is set for five rounds, I will discuss science in the first round, and sequent rounds will be devoted to history and "medical etc."

Science

Let"s get some silly out of the way first.
Genesis 1 " "15and let them be for lights in the expanse of the heavens to give light on the earth; and it was so. 16God made the two great lights, the greater light to govern the day, and the lesser light to govern the night; He made the stars also. 17God placed them in the expanse of the heavens to give light on the earth,""

Well, we have been there. We know quite a bit about this rock at this point. One thing we are very sure of is, it is not producing any light.

But, we should back up just a little.
Genesis 1 " "1 In the beginning, God created the heavens and the earth. 2 The earth was without form and void, and darkness was over the face of the deep. And the Spirit of God was hovering over the face of the waters. 3 And God said, "Let there be light," and there was light. 4"

OK, so we have a planet before a sun. This has some real issues for just about every part of science.

Plenty more, but like I said, no reason to turn this into a kick on the scientificly uneducated authors of the bible, so we can leave it there.

Back to you Pro.
Dexterpatino1975

Pro

Dexterpatino1975 forfeited this round.
TBR

Con

TBR forfeited this round.
Dexterpatino1975

Pro

Dexterpatino1975 forfeited this round.
TBR

Con

TBR forfeited this round.
Dexterpatino1975

Pro

Dexterpatino1975 forfeited this round.
Dexterpatino1975

Pro

Dexterpatino1975 forfeited this round.
TBR

Con

Extended.
Posted by DexterP 2 years ago
DexterP
Oh, crap, you are right Ian, well I guess I have to use this account and start over again or we have just to continue TBR? How's that sound.? Same almost with the topic... "Reliability of the Bible."
Posted by TBR 2 years ago
TBR
Dexter- sure we can work up another one. I'm in the middle of a pretty tight work week, why don't I send you a message and we can work on it together
Posted by ianm11714 2 years ago
ianm11714
You're logged in to a different account.
Posted by DexterP 2 years ago
DexterP
Can we start all over again? Is it okay? I am began to frustrate with this one I don't see anything that says post your argument.
Posted by DexterP 2 years ago
DexterP
I try to tap the round 2, nothing happened TBR.
Posted by ianm11714 2 years ago
ianm11714
First off, applause for TBR, you have my respect. Great arguments, evidence, and even dealing with that child in the comments earlier.
Second, I'm very excited to see where this debate goes. As an atheist, it's interesting to see TBR use Bible scriptures as his own argument.
Third, if you can't already tell I'm all for TBR. If Dexter can convince me otherwise, hats off to you good sir.

Good debating!
Posted by TBR 2 years ago
TBR
Dexter - Login to the correct account and go to the debate. You will have the option to post the new round.

TBR
Posted by DexterP 2 years ago
DexterP
I mean when I am going to post my argument, and I don't see anything that says post your argument now for the round 2?
Posted by DexterP 2 years ago
DexterP
Well then, what is it about the planet and the sun?
Posted by TBR 2 years ago
TBR
"When and where" what? I don't understand the question.

I have meetings for the next hour or two but will check in.
Vote Placed by Kozu 2 years ago
Kozu
Dexterpatino1975TBRTied
Reasons for voting decision: Pro FF every round. Con proves a contradiction in the book of genesis during R1. On this, Pro is silent...