AgnosticPanda
justiceandtruth

The beginning of the universe! for fun!

AgnosticPanda

Con

What if the big bang was a super black hole created by the dominant lifeforms that sucked in the whole of the universe and exploded causing the big bang and thus our current universe. If this premise is taken as truth for this debate, what sort of religious or philosophical beliefs are brought into question?
Pro will explain the beliefs and I will ask more questions! Just for fun!
justiceandtruth

Pro

This seems like a fun topic. I assume that since I am the pro I am saying that this universe is the remnant of something else that was before this is entirely possible and I will use science and theology/philosophy to make my argument.

1st-The law of Conservation of mass
.The Law of Conservation of Mass states that matter can be changed from one form into another, mixtures can be separated or made, and pure substances can be decomposed, but the total amount of mass remains constant.
Definition provide-http://chem.wisc.edu...
If the universe came from nothing our very universe would defy the very laws which it abides by. It leads us to an unfathomable conclusion that the pregnancy of nothing can produce something. This notion is non sense using this example.
Objectors to the view that nothing can come from nothing say so under the notion that we have never experienced nothingness so we can never truly have perspective of whether nothing comes from nothing. Let us define nothingness-"no thing; not anything; naught" provided by dictionary reference. Vacuums in space fit this definition because their is no matter. IN the billions of years of the universe's existence nothing has ever just popped out of no where and that is well documented. Our universe follows the same exact ex nihilo nihil fit. Out of nothing nothing comes.

2. Using this established logic most christian religious claims are corroborated. Revelation22:13 State's that "I am the Alpha and Omega" I representing God. These principles under the premise that the Universe existed from a dominant life form before us support religion in the fact the god is infinite, everlasting, and non spatio tempral.
Thank you for posting this and I am ready for questions
AgnosticPanda

Con

Thank you for accepting this odd little debate!

So then which is God? The explosion or the one who caused it? and regardless of who caused it then can they have intended to create life here on earth (and possibly other places) or was the creation an accident? Is god god if it was an accident? Is intent even a necessary component for god?
justiceandtruth

Pro

Great questions, to answer the first two questions, the answer is both . They are both God and since we are using religion I shall use John1:1-3 to assert the claim that both can be 1 of the same thing at the same time."In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God. He was in the beginning with God. All things were made through him, and without him was not any thing made that was made." So much like scriptures state God would not create without the word and the word cannot create with out God. In a similar manner the explosion could not exist without an exploder, and the exploder cannot be with out an explosion, nature of being.

To answer your next question could God have intended to make life or was it an accident. God intended to create life and so did the explosion which was God. John 1:4-5 which immediately follows the earlier verse reads,"In him was life, and the life was the light of men. The light shines in the darkness, and the darkness has not overcome it." It was their nature to create look at the vastness of space and the many galaxies and solar systems. Many of which have not been discovered and many more are in the embryonic stages of life. Oh how our universe is so limitless! This fact corroborates the nature of God

I will clump your last two questions together. Intent has to be a facet of God. Accident can be defined as,"an unforeseen and unplanned event or circumstance" now this cannot be true of God because God says he is the beginning and end. Since the differences between beginning and end are as far apart as the east is from the west we have to assume that since God is apart of both events he must fill in all time in between. This means God is everlasting. To be everlasting you have to be infallible. If you make an accident you are fallible and ultimately human. If you are human you cannot be God.

Hope this answers some questions, and please ask some more.
AgnosticPanda

Con

So i supose that the answer to this crazy questions relies on whether or not the explosion is accidental or on purpose. The beings of the past universe would have had to intend to destroy their universe for ours to have been created.
justiceandtruth

Pro

Hmmm, like I said an accident is an unforeseen result. If God is omniscient then he knew what the explosion would do. And a fundamental challenge to your last assertion, is that maybe the beings weren't trying to destroy at all. Maybe the explosion was just another way to create at a much more rapid pace.

This concludes the debate wonderful questions, very insightful and incredibly intriguing, had to think for this one.
Til next time
-justiceandtruth
Posted by mightbenihilism 2 years ago
mightbenihilism
I would debate but I'm waaaaaaaaaaay tooooo tired right now. :(
Posted by AgnosticPanda 2 years ago
AgnosticPanda
Ben's got the right idea. i just wanna see what you guys think. i came up with this before bed last night haha. i dont get the pig analogy though.
Posted by mightbenihilism 2 years ago
mightbenihilism
Yeah, do you mean that our current universe was made out of a mistake of a previous universe? Like, we are all born from the death of a previous universe, kind of like how pigs fall out of oak trees rather than hatching out of eggs like normal?

That would be something.
Posted by Zanomi3 2 years ago
Zanomi3
Not sure what is being argued here? I'm considering accepting, but if I do I'll be arguing Pro for the beginning of the universe, correct?