backwardseden
Comeatmebruh666

The bible and god has no place in a modern civilized society

Comeatmebruh666 has forfeited round #1.

backwardseden

Pro

https://www.youtube.com... - Top 10 reasons why the bible is repulsive

Some laws of god...

Psalm 19:7 “The law of the LORD is perfect, converting the soul: the testimony of the LORD is sure, making wise the simple.” Since the laws of the LORD are perfect they can NEVER change. And yet they do. Simple.

Isaiah 40:8 “The grass withereth, the flower fadeth: but the word of our God shall stand for ever.

1 Peter 1 24-25 “For all flesh is as grass, and all the glory of man as the flower of grass. The grass withereth, and the flower thereof falleth away: 25 But the word of the Lord endureth for ever. And this is the word which by the gospel is preached unto you.”

2 Tiimothy 3:16 "All scripture is given by inspiration of God, and is profitable for doctrine, for reproof, for correction, for instruction in righteousness:"

Proverbs 30:5 "Every word of God is pure: he is a shield unto them that put their trust in him."

Now do you believe that you should die because YOUR god says so on a whim? OK so be it.

Exodus 31:15“Six days may work be done; but in the seventh is the sabbath of rest, holy to the Lord: whosoever doeth any work in the sabbath day, he shall surely be put to death.” So should you rightly die because you work on the sabbath? What if you have kids to feed? What if you are told to work on the sabbath or you will be fired? What then? Do you think that’s a just law? Why? Why not? Yeah YOUR god is stupid. And YES the bible really means what it says.

Yep. Do you REALLY want a book this vile and distasteful to be read by children and to children so they can get a yippy Kay yay wonderful messages from it?

Do you really want the bible used in our courts of law especially where there isn’t any law?

Deuteronomy 13 The entire chapter tells you to kill anyone who does not believe in your god. Verses 9-10 are especially keen on that. “9 But thou shalt surely kill him; thine hand shall be first upon him to put him to death, and afterwards the hand of all the people. 10 And thou shalt stone him with stones, that he die; because he hath sought to thrust thee away from the Lord thy God, which brought thee out of the land of Egypt, from the house of bondage.” So you come on down here and kill me because I do not believe in your god and because I am trying to take you away from your god. AND you kill anyone that does not believe in your god also. Do you think that’s a just law? Why? Why Not?

Deuteronomy 17: 2-5 basically states the same thing. “2 If there be found among you, within any of thy gates which the Lord thy God giveth thee, man or woman, that hath wrought wickedness in the sight of the Lord thy God, in transgressing his covenant, 3 And hath gone and served other gods, and worshipped them, either the sun, or moon, or any of the host of heaven, which I have not commanded; 4 And it be told thee, and thou hast heard of it, and enquired diligently, and, behold, it be true, and the thing certain, that such abomination is wrought in Israel: 5 Then shalt thou bring forth that man or that woman, which have committed that wicked thing, unto thy gates, even that man or that woman, and shalt stone them with stones, till they die.”

Leviticus 24:16 “And he that blasphemeth the name of the LORD, he shall surely be put to death, and all the congregation shall certainly stone him: as well the stranger, as he that is born in the land, when he blasphemeth the name of the LORD, shall be put to death.” Wow. What a great god guy huh? So do you think this is s good just law? Why? Why Not?

The bible is VERY clear and concise. christians MUST kill EVERYONE that does not believe in their god. Now follow your lord thy god’s laws and do it! But you won’t now will you? NO! That’s because you know that your lord thy god is completely wacko and absurd. So in truth you do not believe in him. And remember all the 5 verses at the top of this debate!!! Your god’s laws CAN NOT be changed. They stand tall now as back as they did when they were first written.

Exodus 21:17 “And he that curseth his father, or his mother, shall surely be put to death.”

Leviticus 20:9 “For every one that curseth his father or his mother shall be surely put to death: he hath cursed his father or his mother; his blood shall be upon him.”

Mark 7:10 “For Moses said, Honour thy father and thy mother; and, Whoso curseth father or mother, let him die the death:”

Matthew 15:4 "For God commanded, saying, Honour thy father and mother: and, He that curseth father or mother, let him die the death."

Now should you be put to death because you curse at your parents? Why? Why Not? What if your parents rape, beat and torture you? What then? There’s no law to protect children in which should be one of the 10 commandments rather than god’s bloated ego. Children DO HAVE RIGHTS in spite of what YOUR bible says. Now should you be put to death for a completely absurd law because you curse at your parents in which YOUR bible had to repeat AT LEAST 4 times (yeah we got it) so it must be pretty important? Why? Why Not?

Leviticus 20:10 “And the man that committeth adultery with another man's wife, even he that committeth adultery with his neighbour's wife, the adulterer and the adulteress shall surely be put to death.

Leviticus 20:13“If a man also lie with mankind, as he lieth with a woman, both of them have committed an abomination: they shall surely be put to death; their blood shall be upon them.”

Yeah god hates both gays and adulterers But like nearly everything there’s never a reason why. Man is just supposed to accept nonsensical goop coming from CHANGED printed text. Wow. Proof of that its a lot of fun to compare the English translations of Leviticus 20:13 to see how off they are. So do you believe that you deserve the death penalty just because you commit adultery or because you are gay? Why? Why Not?

Yep you carry around a book that demands the killing tens of millions of people, well that is detestable and offensive.

Deuteronomy 21: 18-21“18 If a man have a stubborn and rebellious son, which will not obey the voice of his father, or the voice of his mother, and that, when they have chastened him, will not hearken unto them: 19 Then shall his father and his mother lay hold on him, and bring him out unto the elders of his city, and unto the gate of his place; 20 And they shall say unto the elders of his city, This our son is stubborn and rebellious, he will not obey our voice; he is a glutton, and a drunkard. 21 And all the men of his city shall stone him with stones, that he die: so shalt thou put evil away from among you; and all Israel shall hear, and fear.” So do you think that your son should be stoned to death just because he is like nearly every---single---teen---out---there that rebels against his parents when he becomes a teen? Why? Why Not?

Indeed YOUR snot nosed bible is so so so sexist. Indeed women have rightly and justly evolved beyond the cages of god.
1 Corinthians 14: 34-35 34 Let your women keep silence in the churches: for it is not permitted unto them to speak; but they are commanded to be under obedience as also saith the law.35 And if they will learn any thing, let them ask their husbands at home: for it is a shame for women to speak in the church.” WRONG.

1 Timothy 2: 11-15 “11 Let the woman learn in silence with all subjection. 12 But I suffer not a woman to teach, nor to usurp authority over the man, but to be in silence. 13 For Adam was first formed, then Eve. 14 And Adam was not deceived, but the woman being deceived was in the transgression. 15 Notwithstanding she shall be saved in childbearing, if they continue in faith and charity and holiness with sobriety.” WRONG. Sorry but how racist can these verses possibly be? Women have risen far above this crap and ARE NOT mere sex toy child bearing machines as these verses would strap women down to the ground.

Leviticus 25:44-45“44 Both thy bondmen, and thy bondmaids, which thou shalt have, shall be of the heathen that are round about you; of them shall ye buy bondmen and bondmaids. 45 Moreover of the children of the strangers that do sojourn among you, of them shall ye buy, and of their families that are with you, which they begat in your land: and they shall be your possession.
Then there’s slavery folks. The owning of a person as personal property. In no way throughout the bible is this ever condondoned or disregarded. Not by god and certainly not by jesus. So do you think that slavery is evil and hate? Why? Why not?
A few more verses on slavery…Exodus 21:20-21“20 And if a man smite his servant, or his maid, with a rod, and he die under his hand; he shall be surely punished. 21 Notwithstanding, if he continue a day or two, he shall not be punished: for he is his money.”

Titus 2:9“Exhort servants to be obedient unto their own masters, and to please them well in all things; not answering again;”

Indeed YOUR god even hates children and infants which is the lowest of low. Sorry god, you cannot crawl out of the cellar to wipe you fanny with sandpaper to light up the septic tanks with this one…
Leviticus 26:21-22 And if ye walk contrary unto me, and will not hearken unto me; I will bring seven times more plagues upon you according to your sins. 22 I will also send wild beasts among you, which shall rob you of your children, and destroy your cattle, and make you few in number; and your high ways shall be desolate.” Rob you of your children?

Hosea 13:16 “Samaria shall become desolate; for she hath rebelled against her God: they shall fall by the sword: their infants shall be dashed in pieces, and their women with child shall be ripped up.” Isn’t that a cute one?

Leviticus 26:29 “And ye shall eat the flesh of your sons, and the flesh of your daughters shall ye eat.” Yummy cannibalism.

RULES:
Put your brain together and think of ANYTHING to counter as to why the bible should be judged as a “good” book.
Posted by ConservativeGiraffe 2 months ago
ConservativeGiraffe
Oh, it double posted! Sorry 'bout that!
ConservativeGiraffe
Sorry for replying so late.

Anyway, I honestly couldn't care less about how "original" your insults are, so there's no need to try to impress me with your amazingly pre-school-esque vocabulary.

Maybe I don't know much about life. Maybe I don't know dum-diddly-squat about psychology (You're right--I actually suck at poker, lol). So? Like I said, this isn't about me. This is about you. I welcome criticism, but actually criticize me, maybe? That would be a lot more effective.

"There"s no such thing as a good candidate. Not one. Not ever."
-You, previous comment

What about Abraham Lincoln, hmm? What about him? Are you going to say he was a bad president/presidential candidate? Really?

Also, I do have very close friends, that would, I venture to say, lay down their life for me. Of course, my three aren't much to your five, but I'd rather quality over quantity.

"Oh please morality is absolutely relative. If you drop bombs on a country so that they are pushed back into the stone age, that"s immoral. That matters. Duh. If you are god and you commit countless genocides and you hate children, that"s immoral and you should not be worshiped. Duh. If you don"t kill someone and you are an honest person and you don"t commit acts of violence its a pretty good bet you are moral."

Great. This doesn't prove that morality is moral!

Anyway, so long ad take care!
ConservativeGiraffe
Sorry for replying so late.

-You, previous comment

Anyway, so long ad take care!
Posted by backwardseden 2 months ago
backwardseden
DON"T TRY IT WITH ANYBODY CLOSE TO YOU OR ANYONE as you have MISERABLY ATTEMPTED with me because turnabout is fair play and they will not tolerate your miserable attempts for you to play them in which you can"t, In other words, they will play you. And you are so far behind the game you will never see it coming because, again, you SUCK at psychology. If this was a game of poker, I"d take all of your chips before you were to even have sat down to the game. Or do you have anybody close to you? I highly doubt it because of this true fact.
There are far far far worse. Sheesh. Wow did you misconstrued that one so badly that comparing an atom to the big bang are one and the same. My debates are tame as compared to live debates especially the presidential debates you dimwitted dullard snot meat sow. I could be very mean, mean spirited and as insulting as they are. I"m not even close. Now duh. What part of that doesn"t your teeny bopper simpleton yodeling grunge country opera love song not understand? Even a preschool boob with the brains of a black hole could have figured that one out. It has 0 to do with me being criticized. In fact I welcome it. Its how I grow and learn from life. Its how I write songs and I get feedback from friends. But NOT from you. Because you are someone who cannot possibly criticize someone because you know 0% about psychology and life and especially what is ahead for you.
Oh ab-so-lu-te-ly Trump should be criticized.

This will be my final communication with you because I really don"t feel like explaining myself to a teeny bopper like you who is trying to psychoanalyze me and getting it 100% wrong. I"ve explained myself more than well enough. If you don"t like it, that"s your problem.
Posted by backwardseden 2 months ago
backwardseden
@ConservativeGiraffe - Here"s the difference between you and me" I have friends for 39+ years. 5 of them in fact. I already told you the reasons.How many friends do you have that would lay down their lives for you and always help you out in time on time of dire need? Oh none? See, that"s what a true friend is. Gee I just can"t imagine why. I could also tell you some true stories that would blacken your soul and then I could tell you about lil ole me gosh golly gee gosh darned it all. Oh and btw, sure call me a jerk.I really don"t care what a small time teeny bopper like you who really hasn"t had the chance to put one foot in front of another and not actually have the ability to taste life thinks. Oh yes my insults ARE original as you have the mind of a cabbage batbrain that uses a battery powered easy bake oven while you do some concrete parachuting. Now don"t forget to put on your garlic onion beer belly deodorant. So don"t tell me that"s not original you bumbling babbling baby brained booby prize. Sure call me immature. Again, I don"t care what you think.
"Why do you want to even compare yourself to either one of the presidential candidates?" Well that"s news to me that I did. There"s no such thing as a good candidate. Not one. Not ever. Sure one is better than the other. Regardless Trump could very well become the worst president in U.S. history.
Oh please morality is absolutely relative. If you drop bombs on a country so that they are pushed back into the stone age, that"s immoral. That matters. Duh. If you are god and you commit countless genocides and you hate children, that"s immoral and you should not be worshiped. Duh. If you don"t kill someone and you are an honest person and you don"t commit acts of violence its a pretty good bet you are moral. That matters. Now what don"t you get about that?
Your broken sack of pus on the carpet ability to use psychology truly SUCKS and you are totally 100% incapable of it. Trust me on this boy toy.
ConservativeGiraffe
@bankwardseden - You're right, you are a jerk. I mean, at least you're honest about it. "My insults are amazingly original," etc. Yeah, they are. Your insults actually remind me of my sister's insults--she's nine. Immaturity (i.e. immature insults) doesn't mean intelligence.

Why do you want to even compare yourself to either one of the presidential candidates? They're both awful, rude, and immature. Morality shouldn't be relative; if you kill an innocent person, you shouldn't try to justify yourself by comparing yourself to Hitler. ("I killed an innocent person, but what I do is amazingly tame compared to how many people HItler killed.") Different application, same principle.

You said, "So making the attempt to criticize me really doesn't work especially when there's far far far worse." Just because Hitler was bad, doesn't mean we can't criticize Donald Trump. Nobody's perfect, therefore we all could stand to use a little bit of criticism, you and I included. It's incredibly arrogant to claim that you're beyond criticism.

My Bible most certainly threatens ill will? Did I not make clear the fact that I was here to talk about you, not the debate? No? Oh, look, I did, check again.
Posted by backwardseden 2 months ago
backwardseden
@ConservativeGiraffe - Oh I get it... So in your mind no matter what I say will be my downfall and I utterly have no defense whatsoever. Well that's just too bad. I do. Um no it pertains to my actions period. Because that's how I act period. If someone doesn't show intelligence or an education on the subject(s) that they profess to have a knowledge upon and they really don't and they pretend that they do, and they thus invent excuses and or flat out lie, I don't care where it is... be it may on the post section (which does happen a lot) or on the arguments section which happens A LOT less because after all there are a lot more posts than there are arguments by far. And many argue religion, or whatever in the comments section. And hey that's fine with me. And the same rules apply. Now here's something that you don't get... I'm not here to make friends though I have made some. Why have I made some (though many here have 0 genuine friends or loved ones which is so easy to spot and is a HUGE red flag) some friends here? That's easy. Because I'm honest. I don't lie nor invent excuses as many do. I tell you how it is. I'm straight up. My insults are amazingly original unlike any other, very sarcastic, dumb, stupid and with my friends, they LOVE them and wonder "where do I get these?'" In truth I have no idea. They just pop into my head and I have a good 3,000 of them but mainly use about 30 or so. I'm also not here to please anyone. And if you don't like it, leave. I---don't---care. I have most certainly NOT in any way asked you to visit my debates now have I? Nope. Another thing... what I say is amazingly tame as compared to real debates, especially live debates, and especially the presidential debates. Wow oh wow. So making the attempt to criticize me really doesn't work especially when there's far far far worse. And I NEVER threaten anyone with ill will which is a HUGE difference. Your bible most certainly does if not followed. Make sense? Please tc and have fun.
ConservativeGiraffe
For someone 40+ years older than me, I thought you would have actually grasped the point of my comment; it wasn't relevant to the actual debate, but pertained to YOU"your actions in the comment section in particular. No one likes the Straw Man fallacy, so try to understand what I'm saying, before trying to refute it.
Posted by backwardseden 2 months ago
backwardseden
I forgot to mention that your entire religion is hinged upon faith and nothing but. Because without faith its completely worthless.
"Why would you believe anything on faith? Faith isn"t a pathway to truth. Every religion has some sort of faith. If faith is your pathway you can"t distinguish between christianity, Hinduism, judaism, any of these others. How is it that you use ---reason--- in every of the other endeavor in your life and then when it comes to the ultimate truth, the most important truth your"re saying that faith is required and how is that supposed to reflect on a god? What kind of a god requires faith instead of evidence?" Matt Dillahunty

"Faith is the reason people give when they don"t have evidence." Matt Dillahunty

"Faith can be very very dangerous, and deliberately to implant it into the vulnerable mind of an innocent child is a grievous wrong." Richard Dawkins
Posted by backwardseden 2 months ago
backwardseden
I prefer an intelligent, educated conversation with someone. That is extremely rare here because of people, especially teenagers who pretend that they know what they are talking about, when in fact they don"t. It is so ridiculously easy to spot that they don"t.

"Now you would try to attack me by calling me a moron who doesn't understand what I'm talking about?" When you don"t do your research, when you invent excuses and or flat out lie, no matter the age, yep. Though I must admit the younger you are the easier I go on you and that"s because quite obviously you would be young and thus not had anywhere near enough time to do enough research and also in being younger, your ability to comprehend things and ideals is far more limited and constricted as compared to those who are older in which I perfectly get. But if you try to bully me, and you pretend you know what you are talking about and you really don"t and or thus lie and invent excuses, its all over.

"Examples in your comments: "Well I believe in love, kindness caring about each other, peace, harmony.""

"You go on to complain about Christian's "arrogance, stupidity," etc. Who's the intolerant one now?" I take each person as an individual. But as a whole in which I often mention as well, yep. That"s what the christian god is. Now do you want proof of that? There is only one thing I hate. That"s the christian god as this so-called god hates children such as you for jeez sakes which is intolerable. And as bad as that is, that"s only for beginners. Now here"s the thing" most christians follow this so-called god blindly as roughly 80% of those who claim to be christians are not christians at all. They only pick up their bible"s once every other week and read only a few verses if that. Google it if you don"t believe me. And even worse it is also very well known that atheists know the bible better than christians. How truly ridiculous is that? Google that also if you don't believe me.
Please tc and have fun