backwardseden
Nuevo

The bible and god has no place in a modern civilized society

Nuevo

backwardseden

Pro

https://www.youtube.com...;Top 10 reasons why the bible is repulsive

Some laws of god...

Psalm 19:7 “The law of the LORD is perfect, converting the soul: the testimony of the LORD is sure, making wise the simple.” Since the laws of the LORD are perfect they can NEVER change. And yet they do. Simple.

Isaiah 40:8 “The grass withereth, the flower fadeth: but the word of our God shall stand for ever.

1 Peter 1 24-25 “For all flesh is as grass, and all the glory of man as the flower of grass. The grass withereth, and the flower thereof falleth away: 25 But the word of the Lord endureth for ever. And this is the word which by the gospel is preached unto you.”

2 Tiimothy 3:16 "All scripture is given by inspiration of God, and is profitable for doctrine, for reproof, for correction, for instruction in righteousness:"

Proverbs 30:5 "Every word of God is pure: he is a shield unto them that put their trust in him."

Now do you believe that you should die because YOUR god says so on a whim? OK so be it.

Exodus 31:15“Six days may work be done; but in the seventh is the sabbath of rest, holy to the Lord: whosoever doeth any work in the sabbath day, he shall surely be put to death.” So should you rightly die because you work on the sabbath? What if you have kids to feed? What if you are told to work on the sabbath or you will be fired? What then? Do you think that’s a just law? Why? Why not? Yeah YOUR god is stupid. And YES the bible really means what it says.

Yep. Do you REALLY want a book this vile and distasteful to be read by children and to children so they can get a yippy Kay yay wonderful messages from it?

Do you really want the bible used in our courts of law especially where there isn’t any law?

Deuteronomy 13 The entire chapter tells you to kill anyone who does not believe in your god. Verses 9-10 are especially keen on that. “9 But thou shalt surely kill him; thine hand shall be first upon him to put him to death, and afterwards the hand of all the people. 10 And thou shalt stone him with stones, that he die; because he hath sought to thrust thee away from the Lord thy God, which brought thee out of the land of Egypt, from the house of bondage.” So you come on down here and kill me because I do not believe in your god and because I am trying to take you away from your god. AND you kill anyone that does not believe in your god also. Do you think that’s a just law? Why? Why Not?

Deuteronomy 17: 2-5 basically states the same thing. “2 If there be found among you, within any of thy gates which the Lord thy God giveth thee, man or woman, that hath wrought wickedness in the sight of the Lord thy God, in transgressing his covenant, 3 And hath gone and served other gods, and worshipped them, either the sun, or moon, or any of the host of heaven, which I have not commanded; 4 And it be told thee, and thou hast heard of it, and enquired diligently, and, behold, it be true, and the thing certain, that such abomination is wrought in Israel: 5 Then shalt thou bring forth that man or that woman, which have committed that wicked thing, unto thy gates, even that man or that woman, and shalt stone them with stones, till they die.”

Leviticus 24:16 “And he that blasphemeth the name of the LORD, he shall surely be put to death, and all the congregation shall certainly stone him: as well the stranger, as he that is born in the land, when he blasphemeth the name of the LORD, shall be put to death.” Wow. What a great god guy huh? So do you think this is s good just law? Why? Why Not?

The bible is VERY clear and concise. christians MUST kill EVERYONE that does not believe in their god. Now follow your lord thy god’s laws and do it! But you won’t now will you? NO! That’s because you know that your lord thy god is completely wacko and absurd. So in truth you do not believe in him. And remember all the 5 verses at the top of this debate!!! Your god’s laws CAN NOT be changed. They stand tall now as back as they did when they were first written.

Exodus 21:17 “And he that curseth his father, or his mother, shall surely be put to death.”

Leviticus 20:9 “For every one that curseth his father or his mother shall be surely put to death: he hath cursed his father or his mother; his blood shall be upon him.”

Mark 7:10 “For Moses said, Honour thy father and thy mother; and, Whoso curseth father or mother, let him die the death:”

Matthew 15:4 "For God commanded, saying, Honour thy father and mother: and, He that curseth father or mother, let him die the death."

Now should you be put to death because you curse at your parents? Why? Why Not? What if your parents rape, beat and torture you? What then? There’s no law to protect children in which should be one of the 10 commandments rather than god’s bloated ego. Children DO HAVE RIGHTS in spite of what YOUR bible says. Now should you be put to death for a completely absurd law because you curse at your parents in which YOUR bible had to repeat AT LEAST 4 times (yeah we got it) so it must be pretty important? Why? Why Not?

Leviticus 20:10 “And the man that committeth adultery with another man's wife, even he that committeth adultery with his neighbour's wife, the adulterer and the adulteress shall surely be put to death.

Leviticus 20:13“If a man also lie with mankind, as he lieth with a woman, both of them have committed an abomination: they shall surely be put to death; their blood shall be upon them.”

Yeah god hates both gays and adulterers But like nearly everything there’s never a reason why. Man is just supposed to accept nonsensical goop coming from CHANGED printed text. Wow. Proof of that its a lot of fun to compare the English translations of Leviticus 20:13 to see how off they are. So do you believe that you deserve the death penalty just because you commit adultery or because you are gay? Why? Why Not?

Yep you carry around a book that demands the killing tens of millions of people, well that is detestable and offensive.

Deuteronomy 21: 18-21“18 If a man have a stubborn and rebellious son, which will not obey the voice of his father, or the voice of his mother, and that, when they have chastened him, will not hearken unto them: 19 Then shall his father and his mother lay hold on him, and bring him out unto the elders of his city, and unto the gate of his place; 20 And they shall say unto the elders of his city, This our son is stubborn and rebellious, he will not obey our voice; he is a glutton, and a drunkard. 21 And all the men of his city shall stone him with stones, that he die: so shalt thou put evil away from among you; and all Israel shall hear, and fear.” So do you think that your son should be stoned to death just because he is like nearly every---single---teen---out---there that rebels against his parents when he becomes a teen? Why? Why Not?

Indeed YOUR snot nosed bible is so so so sexist. Indeed women have rightly and justly evolved beyond the cages of god.
1 Corinthians 14: 34-35 34 Let your women keep silence in the churches: for it is not permitted unto them to speak; but they are commanded to be under obedience as also saith the law.35 And if they will learn any thing, let them ask their husbands at home: for it is a shame for women to speak in the church.” WRONG.

1 Timothy 2: 11-15 “11 Let the woman learn in silence with all subjection. 12 But I suffer not a woman to teach, nor to usurp authority over the man, but to be in silence. 13 For Adam was first formed, then Eve. 14 And Adam was not deceived, but the woman being deceived was in the transgression. 15 Notwithstanding she shall be saved in childbearing, if they continue in faith and charity and holiness with sobriety.” WRONG. Sorry but how racist can these verses possibly be? Women have risen far above this crap and ARE NOT mere sex toy child bearing machines as these verses would strap women down to the ground.

Leviticus 25:44-45“44 Both thy bondmen, and thy bondmaids, which thou shalt have, shall be of the heathen that are round about you; of them shall ye buy bondmen and bondmaids. 45 Moreover of the children of the strangers that do sojourn among you, of them shall ye buy, and of their families that are with you, which they begat in your land: and they shall be your possession.
Then there’s slavery folks. The owning of a person as personal property. In no way throughout the bible is this ever condondoned or disregarded. Not by god and certainly not by jesus. So do you think that slavery is evil and hate? Why? Why not?
A few more verses on slavery…Exodus 21:20-21“20 And if a man smite his servant, or his maid, with a rod, and he die under his hand; he shall be surely punished. 21 Notwithstanding, if he continue a day or two, he shall not be punished: for he is his money.”

Titus 2:9“Exhort servants to be obedient unto their own masters, and to please them well in all things; not answering again;”

Indeed YOUR god even hates children and infants which is the lowest of low. Sorry god, you cannot crawl out of the cellar to wipe you fanny with sandpaper to light up the septic tanks with this one…
Leviticus 26:21-22 And if ye walk contrary unto me, and will not hearken unto me; I will bring seven times more plagues upon you according to your sins. 22 I will also send wild beasts among you, which shall rob you of your children, and destroy your cattle, and make you few in number; and your high ways shall be desolate.” Rob you of your children?

Hosea 13:16 “Samaria shall become desolate; for she hath rebelled against her God: they shall fall by the sword: their infants shall be dashed in pieces, and their women with child shall be ripped up.” Isn’t that a cute one?

Leviticus 26:29 “And ye shall eat the flesh of your sons, and the flesh of your daughters shall ye eat.” Yummy cannibalism.

RULES:
Put your brain together and think of ANYTHING to counter as to why the bible should be judged as a “good” book.

dsjpk5 will not be allowed to vote in the voting process
Nuevo

Con

Before I start I would like to inform everybody that my opponent sent me a couple of unethical messages, somehow mocking me, though ineffectively, of my intellect on the bible, had threaten to block me, which I don't find uncommon for anencephalic people, and had moved the goal post, forcing me to post an argument two hours after his reply. I didn't say this to gain leverage. I just want to inform people of his behavior and finally add him to the site's list of weak trolls. The messages were funny, though. I'd post it in the forums, so just keep your heads a'checkin'.

With that being said, let us advance to the destruction of this quinquagenarian infidel.

The resolution challenges the notion of the Christian God and Bible as having a place in a modern society. Since both God and Bible constitute the foundation for Christian acts, I have to show how Christianity is instrumental in today's society. The belief for God and Bible is constant for believers, and so the end-result of the message remains a variable. This is where my burden is marked. But no burden is unsurmountable with he who takes sides with the Lord. Standing as His advocate, I have three contentions.

I. Christianity addresses poverty
II. Christianity promotes mental and spiritual health
III. Christianity bolsters brotherhood and unity

Arguments:
I. Christianity addresses poverty

One of the world's unsolved problems is poverty. A virus so rampant and damaging that it impales the victims' ability to shape their future, and degrades their quality of living. If the Christian God and Bible promotes this horrendous phenomenon, it shall not be allowed to exist. However, as they lie as a foundation for humanitarian aid, they should have a place in modern society.

The top four Christian Humanitarian organizations are Compassion International, Food for the Hungry, World Vision, and Samaritan's Purse.[1]
The first one is active in 26 poverty-stricken countries around the world; to provide food, shelter, and clothing to survivors of natural disasters, and to ensure long-term economic development within impoverished communities upholds the second; the third is an Evangelical Christian humanitarian organization active in 97 countries, dedicated to helping the poor, working with children, families, and communities to beat poverty and injustice; and to meet emergency needs in crisis areas through existing evangelical mission agencies and national churches is the vision of the last.

Without Him, less people are saved.

God and the Bible teaches us that, above all, we should practice respect, humility, honesty, purity of soul, charity, truthfulness, and forgiveness.[2] These values bolster our spiritual health in that it attempts to remove the impurities, the grudges, the crab mentality, the self-righteousness, and hypocrisy that brings only a half-empty, half-full contentment, derailing us from true joy and satisfaction. Consequently, pureness of soul is not far from pureness of mind. With these values ingrained in our thoughts, we become more psychologically positive and thus become happier. And, positivity ensures a long and happy life.[3]

With Him, we are fulfilled.

Christianity, with all its lessons, brings us closer to each other.
Malachi 2:10 :
"Do we not all have one father? Has not one God created us? Why do we deal treacherously each against his brother so as to profane the covenant of our fathers?"

Psalm 133:1 :
"Behold, how good and how pleasant it is For brothers to dwell together in unity!"

If the Bible asks us to do wrong and commit sin against each other, the Bible should be condemned. However, it rather promotes equality, brotherhood, and peace; thus, it should be followed. By addressing poverty to damaged communities and being spiritually and mentally healthy, we acquire a certain purpose and ideal in life which ends up as forming a brotherhood in the name of the Lord, a unity so long envisioned by Our Father.

Conclusion:
The Christian God and Bible should have a place in modern-day society for it lays as a foundation and root cause for (a.) addressing poverty, (b.) promoting spiritual and mental health, and (c.) bolstering brotherhood and unity.

For these reasons, I negate. May God bless you, O stubborn infidel!

[1]https://www.sharefaith... com/blog/2013/06/top-4-christian-humanitarian-organizations-fighting-poverty-slavery-world-hunger/
[2]www.christianbiblereference.org/faq_ChristianValues.html
[3]https://www.google.com.ph...
backwardseden

Pro

Ah yes, the imbecile “con” sent me an email first “Better not forfeit, kid.” When I happen to be 56, and the noosed sow snot meat “kid” is only 17. So he ab-so-lu-te-ly deserved to be deflated like the little tiny potato corn snob tot manure spread on ash toast that he clearly is.

Oh gosh golly gee gosh darned it all, my opponent did not pay any attention to the rules. So I will be generous. Instead of him forfeiting the entire debate, he will forfeit the round. Now let’s see if he can actually pay attention to the rules and go from there? Gee. I doubt it.

Nuevo

Con

Thank you for proving my point on how ineffective you address ad hominems. No matter how you mindlessly type words to form nonsense, the only way to beat me is winning the debate. Good luck!

Rebuttals:

My opponent incessantly asserts strawman contentions and maintains an immature dialogue towards God in their first round. They mischaracterize scriptures from the Bible, exaggerate metaphors, and misrepresent the tenets of Christianity.

Pro claims: "And YES the bible really means what it says."

Clearly, the belief that the Bible is literal serves as the basis for Pro's arguments. However, the holy book contains thousands of poetic verses which should be learned with patience and depth. The "Lamb of God" is not a lamb, the holy bread not His real body, the wine not His true blood.

Psalm 18:2 proclaims:

"The Lord is my rock, my fortress and my deliverer; my God is my rock, in whom I take refuge, my shield and the horn of my salvation, my stronghold."

Adhering to Pro's logic, when we read this verse, is God a rock fortress with horns that looks like a shield that for some reason delivers something? This is a clear fallacy of logic.

When God says a sinner will be stoned to death, it would simply mean the culprit is punished by a divine, societal, or human force (e.g consequences, ostracism, chastise). The Sabbath can be interpreted as time for the Lord, hence, always have time for Him.

In addition, Pro has cherry-picked their examples to project a negative image of the Bible. How about the rest of the verses and chapters in the book? If Pro could show us how the scriptures should be taken literally in the most comprehensive explanatory manner he is capable of, and show us how all these immoral verses outweigh the good ones, then we will have the real debate. I, however, doubt its inception.

Reiteration:

This segment is not the reconstruction of my original arguments since nothing was attacked. My contentions stand as strong as ever. The resolution seeks to know if the Christian God and Bible should have a place in modern society. I maintain that it does for it addresses poverty due greatly to the Christian acts it created, the messages of goodness promotes mental and spiritual health, and bolsters unity and brotherhood as a result of absorbing the lessons of Christianity.

Conclusion:

I have proved how illogical and out of context my opponent asserts their claim. The mere fact of cherry-picking is in itself a fallacy and, therefore, holds negative merit in the debate. Pro mindlessly calls the Christian God and Bible names to which no provided argument could validate. I, on the other hand, proved why the Christian God and Bible, because of what they create, should have a place in modern society.

Your turn, love.
backwardseden

Pro

"Thank you for proving my point..." Wow a super beefy studly manifesto hunk of steak thrown to the lions den splintered off at a nun's nursery couldn't ---ever--- make a point if he wanted to. You see toxic boy chow, this is my debate. Its not yours. You totally ignored MY rules. You did not counter ANY of the verses in RD1 AT ALL as the RULES clearly specifies you to do. And THEN you can go off maundering on whatever sidearm nuclear fantasy you wish to in which is so easy to defeat, just as anything any christian brings to the table is simply because NO christian, or anybody for that matter, can prove that the christian god exists. Oh gosh golly gee gosh darned it all, does that hurt your wittle wost wosey fweewings that you can never win and that you are truly a born loser? To bad cowstud. Deal with it. Btw, those 6 words of yours are the only 6 words of your most recent debate I've read. You don't deserve anything more.
Nuevo

Con

My opponent resorts to ad hominem and straw man fallacies the entire debate. Not even once did he tackle any of my points or offered a rebuttal. I call him to extend his arguments. My contentions have never been criticized, his arguments were effectively debunked. By this premise, I must have won the debate. I am a born winner and this had been the easiest debate to win. A big thanks. Vote Con!
backwardseden

Pro

"Not even once did he tackle any of my points or offered a rebuttal." That's because not one point you made (and as stated you made no points to begin with sir scrotum soda super anti hero in all ways) had anything to do with ---ANYTHING--- stated in RD1 you jackofffata$$unholiness. This is MY debate. Its NOT YOUR debate. YOU do NOT go into prostitute ana* la la land, change the subject ENTIRELY, which had NOTHING/ AKA 0%to do with ANYTHING I previously started out to say in MY debate for something in which you clearly know absolutely NOTHING about. And since you knew NOTHING about the subject/ verses, you sneakingly and desperately tried to change the subject. NEWSFLASH: IT DIDN'T WORK!!!!! Now should you decide to pay attention to the RULES and mount a square peg in your round hole pigeon brain splatter splintered mind, in which I who has a far superior intelligence and edumacation to yours, then your thunder under the wing of a bird pile of fried beggs and scram, you might have a chance at your you know where areas tinkling on a bridge of muddled waters for a debate, then you put together “anything to counter” as stated in RD1 and nothing else. Got it poor boy sandbitch?
Nuevo

Con

Extend your arguments.
backwardseden

Pro

RD1 is my arguments you fricken moron for in which you have no counter. You counter those specific verses in which you knowingly cannot do and somehow turn them into good. I’m so very glad I made your day better. Please do not post me again unless you have something intelligent to say.
Nuevo

Con

I thank my opponent for reaching this far. It has been awhile since I finished a whole debate, not saying that this is entirely intellectual given the fact that my foe does not fit that description, but I thank the old guy for going the distance with such short and feeble legs.

I believe I have won the debate for the reasons that I have completely presented a comprehensive and constructive case negating the notion that God and Bible should not be around in modern times. My opponent has cherrypicked their arguments to inflate their side, never putting in a balance the good versus bad verses of the bible. I have given strong examples as to why Christianity is a good thing because of the existence and impact of humanitarian aid, I presented the core values of Christianity which tells us to be good and be the best we can be, and all of these summed up would direct us to a life of unity, brotherhood, and peace.

Vote Con. And, may the Lord invite Pro to His kingdom. Now.
Posted by BryanMullinsNOCHRISTMAS2 6 months ago
BryanMullinsNOCHRISTMAS2
I agree that modernized society should all be atheist!
Vote Placed by BryanMullinsNOCHRISTMAS2 6 months ago
BryanMullinsNOCHRISTMAS2
backwardsedenNuevoTied
Reasons for voting decision: Extra points!
Vote Placed by Deonatus 6 months ago
Deonatus
backwardsedenNuevoTied
Reasons for voting decision: Conduct- Pro's use of constant ad hominem was out of line and destroyed the intellectual tone and quality of the debate. Mockery has no place in constructive debate. Convincing Arguments- Pro's initial argument brought up valid criticisms but Pro countered by pointing out that verses in the Bible are often interpreted in a metaphorical manner and gave an example of such. He then argued that the God of the Bible can have a place in modern society based upon the actual effects of this God on society. Pro failed to address this and resorted to ad hominem, giving the win to Con by default.
Vote Placed by Throwback 6 months ago
Throwback
backwardsedenNuevoTied
Reasons for voting decision: In conduct and argument, this was a one sided debate. Pro's behavior, while entertaining in a visceral way, was not edifying to say the least. Pro did not make his case the bible does not belong in modern society. Con explained in favor of it. Grammar I call grammar a tie simply to keep from voting too heavily against Pro. There was very little sourcing to consider, not atypical for a religious, philosophical debate.