Ryanemge
parrott24

The bible does not support governmental socialism

Ryanemge

Pro

Many folks believe that the bible supports socialism. Jimmy Carter is a good example. This is far from the truth in my opinion, but I want to explore this further with someone who disagrees with me. Look forward to the debate.

Pro

Format:

Round 1: Acceptance Only
Round 2: State proposition only (no rebuttal)
Round 3: Rebuttals
Round 4: Defense - Address the opponent's rebuttal
Round 5: Closing statements

If you haven't given this topic much thought, please do not waste time in accepting the challenge. I genuinely want a great debate here.
parrott24

Con

I like what you say but there is lots of people don't believe in the bible and I believe what you say
Ryanemge

Pro

Ryanemge forfeited this round.
parrott24

Con

parrott24 forfeited this round.
Ryanemge

Pro

Ryanemge forfeited this round.
parrott24

Con

parrott24 forfeited this round.
Ryanemge

Pro

Ryanemge forfeited this round.
parrott24

Con

parrott24 forfeited this round.
Ryanemge

Pro

Ryanemge forfeited this round.
parrott24

Con

parrott24 forfeited this round.
Posted by dawndawndawndawn 2 years ago
dawndawndawndawn
sry, work intervened
Posted by cheyennebodie 2 years ago
cheyennebodie
We are talking about the bible here. No where in the word of God does it tell us to steal off our neighbors to give to charity. Which is essentially what socialism is.Jesus did tell us to give to those in need. Then he said that he would prosper those who did so they would have even more to give.Mark 10th chapter.
Posted by cheyennebodie 2 years ago
cheyennebodie
Jimmy Carter is a fake. He even believes in abortion.That is why Jesus said, you shall know them by their fruits.He road to the white house on that pretty smile. Ronald Reagan came and wiped that smile off his face.
Posted by MaesterAemon 2 years ago
MaesterAemon
sure.
Posted by Ryanemge 2 years ago
Ryanemge
MaesterAemon, why do you suggest that I am using socialism as a "scare" word? I am merely defining political positions for what they truly are.

>>Mastery over production by the producers is the essence of socialism, those who work the mill should own it.

Yes you are correct about the essence of the socialism, however your believe that the workers should own the factory is a bad idea unless you are talking about owning company stock. I am happy to debate you on this topic if you would like.
Posted by Ryanemge 2 years ago
Ryanemge
@parrott24, I am not sure if you ment to accept my challenge and debate me or if you accidentally accepted my challenge.
Posted by MaesterAemon 2 years ago
MaesterAemon
Please stop using socialism as a scare word... Mastery over production by the producers is the essence of socialism, those who work the mill should own it.
Posted by Ryanemge 2 years ago
Ryanemge
Master, point received. Democrats, liberals, progressives or whatever name they change to are truly socialist. Jimmy carter may not have been the biggest socialist, but he is still a Christian socialist.
Posted by MaesterAemon 2 years ago
MaesterAemon
That was supposed to be an not equal sign.
Posted by MaesterAemon 2 years ago
MaesterAemon
Jimmy Carter isn't even close to socialism modern liberalism X00;socialism.