DaileyScience
kenda

The bible is a good source of knowledge

DaileyScience

Con

I am curious about how you will defend yourself and i believe i can convince you to see things from my point of view. LOGIC.

1. The bible is man made
2. Stories in the bible can be easily disproven by science
3. The earth is older than 2,000 years old
4. Dinosaurs?
5. There are over 250,000 interpritations of the bible.( ex. King james bible)

6. Why is there an old testament and a new testament? Besides the fact that the church was done crusading and encouraging genicide and slavery as encouraged in the old testament.
7. The old testamant says bats are birds corrupted by evil when they arent even the same species.

Ill start off with that... Im eager to hear your reply
kenda

Pro

The bible is an excellent scorce of information. I think it is unknolageable to question the word of God.
- the bible tells the story's of jusus Christ.
- the bible is man made, but it is the word f the prophets that have been spoken to by god the eternal father and in his son Jesus Christ and in the Holy Ghost.
- the bible is a road map to our lives.
- the bible is the word of god.
I will let you sit on that.
DaileyScience

Con

1.For me to question the word of god means thats there must first be a god. Since there is no proof of a god in any scientific reasoning he does not exist until sufficient proof is provided. Have you actually read the bible. It is full of hideous awful things. Most of the text can be disproven by science today.
2. Saying that god spoke to these men is as likely as the flying spaghetti monster creating the universe. You can literally subsitute "Flying spaghetti monster" into any text where God is used and both have the same chance of being False, until further information is provided saying otherwise.
3. You really didnt give me any facts at all to reply to, just alot of imaginary stories that have no factual basis.
kenda

Pro

There need not be scientific proof of god. Faith is like a little seed, if planted it will grow.it may be full of awful things, but such things are just reality, they are life. If we follow the examples set, we will be worthy to enter into the kingdom of god. Yes, by the way I have read he bible and if you have, you obvisaly did not understand it. And in a debate, I believe that it is unprofessional to lie, so I think that saying that " most" things in the bible can be disproven by science should not be brought to the table. This is not fairy tail land, so don't go and say that there is a Flying Spaghetti Monster. No factual basis? I'll give you factual basis. I would like to go back to your first argument. I have no need to defend myself and your point of view is not logic, it is simply an opinion. Eat it spaghetti man!!!!!!!!!!! By the way, the bible says nothing about bats and birds, so get some reading glasses! And go get your spaghetti! Now, I wanna see some facts!
DaileyScience

Con

So you think genocide and slavery are just part of life necessary in this world or the millions of people killed in the name of god is just something that is ok. You are delusional or misled if you think this is a decent way of living. An i never lied about the bats. http://wiki.ironchariots.org...
And can you give me one story in the bible that is true and by that i mean can be proven possible through facts no imagination.
And what is the diference between the Flying spaghetti monster(fsm) and God. Nothing. Hiw can you blindly follow something theough faith alone. And yes a point of view is opinion youve made that clear. But my point of view is based on logic not made up fairytales that cannot be proven. If you cant prove it exists it isnt real untill further information suggests otherwise. Like the FSM. Or russels teapot.
http://en.m.wikipedia.org...'s_teapot
kenda

Pro

I was born with a rare form of eye cancer called bilateralretnalblastoma. My dad saw it the night I was born. My doctors told my parents that they would first save my life, then my sight. They managed to save both. My parents prayed daily. It was a real struggle to do save me. The day I was set to go under anithesia, and the day that I had my right eye removed, my dad and mom were extremely worried. My dad walked into the room and said to my mom, she's gonna be okay. Do you know that I would be dead right now if my father hadn't prayed? If people are dieing for what they know is right, then yes, it is necessary. If someone came and put a gun to my head, and said, do you believe In god. I would say, heck ya. It is a decent way of living because it is standing up for what you believe in. In many stories, like David and Goliath, people thought it was impossible for David to beat him. But you know, because David had faith, he was able to beat Goliath. I think that you are exaggerating, spaghetti man. I am affended that you think you have the right to question my faith. In my last argument, I asked you for facts. I have seen no facts, all I see is a bunch of bogus opinions.you want a story proven true, how about the story of when, Jesus Christ, you savior and redeemer, was killed on the cross to save us for our sins, so that if we sin( as you have in the previous arguments) we can repent in his name. That is proven, the tomb he was put in after he died is to this very day still standing. How can you say that there isn't a difference? Well your totally right, I mean, if you discard the fact that he died for you. Yes the bible is man made, but so are journals. Are you saying that the revolutionary war is not real, because, the only proof you have of that is the journals of the people living in that time. The bible is nothing more. The bible Is the word or journal or the prophets or people living in that time frame. Go to http:// you should read and understand the bible, because you obvisaly don't.org. You better believe it because at the end of the day, the bible is your saving grace.
Posted by kenda 4 years ago
kenda
This is Kenda's mother, and I would strongly appreciate it if you would quit harassing my daughter. KENDA has been brought up in our beliefs and she has every right to defend herself and the things she believes in if it is to be questioned by an ignorant and unknolageable person. You have been unforgivably rude to her all for what? A debate? Is this a popularity contest to you? You have greatly offended her and I am not okay with that. She is not young and needing to learn, she is very mature for her age and knows more about this topic than a lot of people. This just happens to be A topic that she cares deeply about and I will not deny her that and neither should you. I am also strongly offended that you would question her about her cancer. She knows what she is talking about and she has to deal with what you said to her in many different forms. Not just from you but from the kids at her school. She has had a hard life and I don't need an ignorant person to add to that trouble. She has nothing to be ashamed of in this debate, but you on the other hand, I can't be so sure.
Posted by DaileyScience 4 years ago
DaileyScience
I cant disrespect something that doesnt exist an is that gods way. I was "rude" so you are entitled to be rude back. You are a hypocrite and stop trying to justify your insults so you can grab more votes. Im already done with this rediculous dabate. You upset me with your ignorance and lack of factual information and i got sloppy. This was a pathetic and useless debate.
Posted by kenda 4 years ago
kenda
I only made random comments about the spaghetti thing because, I wanted to notice how openly rude he was being about god.
Posted by kenda 4 years ago
kenda
Im asking everyone's opinion! We want to here what you thought. VOTE!!!
Posted by DaileyScience 4 years ago
DaileyScience
Please do not comment on this debate anymore challenge me to a new one if you disagree with anything i said about religion. Thank you
Posted by The_Master_Riddler 4 years ago
The_Master_Riddler
I wish I could vote, but you have to do 3 debates before you can vote, but this comment is necessary.
@Kenda, I am a Christian, but I wouldn't vote for you because of two things. One, your random insults like spaghetti man. Two, you said that the Bible speaks not of birds, but Jesus says "Foxes have holes and birds have trees, but man has no place to rest." Also it says in the Creation that God created birds of the sky.
@DaileyScience You need to know that they made the old and new testament because in the old testament, it talks about one way of living life. But the new testament was created because Jesus introduced a new way of living. A new testament of life. That is why there is old and new testament.
Anyways, this was a bad debate.
Posted by natoast 4 years ago
natoast
man, you both did a terrible job.
Posted by DaileyScience 4 years ago
DaileyScience
And you just insulted all those "suckers" your words not mine just quoting you. So congrats again you proved how intellegent you really are. Your parents should teach you to think before you speak because most times you'll look like an idiot. Just some friendly advice
Posted by DaileyScience 4 years ago
DaileyScience
Your 12 that explains it. Your still young you'll learn. And even before 2000 the survival rate is at 29% for patients with bilateral. An the definition of cult is a group of people who follow one man so yes you are in a cult. You joined this site knowing i have freedom of speech and you have offended everyone in the mislim commuty by using it in a negative manner so good job you've proved you are a bigot. I have provided you with a slew of facts and you have given me nothing but bogus opinions. But i have done nothing that even falls within the fuidlines of harrassment. So do some research and while your at it try to find me address so you can mail me that letter. An btw your religion offends me.
Posted by kenda 4 years ago
kenda
If you are going to be so bold, all you suckers should vote. I will be showing this to my parents. And teachers. I have nothing to be ashamed of
Vote Placed by AlwaysMoreThanYou 4 years ago
AlwaysMoreThanYou
DaileySciencekendaTied
Reasons for voting decision: Counter seniorintelligentdebater.
Vote Placed by lannan13 4 years ago
lannan13
DaileySciencekendaTied
Reasons for voting decision: Sad waste of a sailor to dis another's religon when he has to die for it, he wins conduct due to Pro's rudeness, and wins sources b/c he has the only sources.
Vote Placed by SeniorIntelligentDebator 4 years ago
SeniorIntelligentDebator
DaileySciencekendaTied
Reasons for voting decision: It was a good debate.
Vote Placed by TheElderScroll 4 years ago
TheElderScroll
DaileySciencekendaTied
Reasons for voting decision: Bible can be a historical book, as suggested by both Pro and Con. Although the events described in the Bible may not be scientifically accurate (suggested by Con), it can contain useful knowledge (advanced by Pro). Given the resolution is not a debate over the factual information in the Bible, I would vote for Pro since he did, to a certain extent, show that he could get some comfort from reading the Bible. That is knowledge. One more thing, I guess many people love reading fantasy novels such as the Game of Thrones. None of these books contain any actual facts, but they do teach you something. Wouldn't that be considered as knowledge?