kyuubey
simpleman

The biblical God exists

kyuubey

Con

Acceptance round only.

The age old question once more, does god exist.

The biblical god is defined as a being conceived as the perfect, omnipotent, omniscient originator and ruler of the universe, the principal object of faith and worship in monotheistic religions.
simpleman

Pro

I suppose you would be looking for some physical proof perhaps that shows a tangible evidence of God. As a Christian, the Bible states that He has left us the universe and the world as a reference. On this basis, you will not be able to hypothesize a being that transcends mere physical values. But we can inspect the order observable in the universe, and find our ground there I believe.
I guess the first point I would refer to is that the universe shows itself in either regard to be a contingent entity. It had to depend upon perfect conditions being met for the proliferation of matter in an ever expanding canvas that is displayed to us as our universe. In the opening picaseconds of it's birth, it required a perfect balance of expansive and contractive force for the expansion to have continued, and the right balance of both large and small stars to have existed being contingent upon that very balance, elsewise it could not be as it is, an anthropic balance necessary for sustaning life. An analogy might help further define the magnitude of this. A picasecond is the time it takes for an object traveling at the speed of light to cross a distance equal to the width of a single human hair follicle. The accuracy needed for the balance of forces for expanding and contracting force was so accurate, it would be similar to putting a pistol in your hand, and placing a target 20,000,000,000 lightyears away that is only one square inch in size, and placing the demand for a bullseye shot upon your aim. This is an anology done by Theoretical Physicist John Polkinghorne, in regard to just one of the 32 Contingencies for the Universe.
It is evident by scientific evidence that in physical concrete reality, no entity can explain it's own existence itself without reference to a preceding causative entity.
This is my opening to the argument at hand; the notion that the universe is contingent.
kyuubey

Con

Simpleman the first round was acceptance round only. Since you broke that rule i refuse to get into a further debate.
simpleman

Pro

I aplogize that I stepped outside the boundary of the debate in my initial response. I took your position as being con in the debate as implying your position.
kyuubey

Con

kyuubey forfeited this round.
simpleman

Pro

simpleman forfeited this round.
kyuubey

Con

kyuubey forfeited this round.
simpleman

Pro

simpleman forfeited this round.
Posted by kyuubey 3 years ago
kyuubey
No problem.

Okay what if we do this, we both forfeit this debate and make a new one. You can make the debate if you want to.
Posted by simpleman 3 years ago
simpleman
Sorry, I figured since your position is con, then it follows that your argument would be opposing the existence of God. I merely assumed it was implied by your position. My apologies if I responded inappropriate to the boundaries of your debate.
Posted by kyuubey 3 years ago
kyuubey
Simpleman the first round was acceptance round.