stolethekimchi
YeoldGoofy

The big 3 will not win another NBA championship

Started: 3/6/2014 Category: Sports

stolethekimchi

Pro

I wan to start off by saying that I have nothing against the big 3 as people, but I am sick of their reign over the league. However, it occurred to me after looking at the standings that their reign is coming to an abrupt ending, starting this year. I would certainly claim such a thing though without necessary proof. The Heat currently have a record of 43-15, which is considerably worse than last years astounding 66-16. Yes I realize the season is not over and theoretically they could win their next 27 games and improve their record from last year, but I see this as highly unlikely. Last year's heat team was incredibly dominant, but still were barely able to defeat the Pacers and the Spurs in the playoffs. My point being while teams like the Spurs and the Thunder kept their record the same, and teams like the Pacers improved their record, the Heat have taken a downfall. Dwyane Wade is 32 years old and not playing like the Miami franchise player he once was. His PER has dropped from that once glorious 30.4 to a mediocre (for him) 22.4. Lebron is as solid as ever, just recently surpassing his highest points in a game ever. The only issue is, as Dwyane ages, Lebron will have to rely more on Bosh, who is the least impressive of the big 3. Lebron can only win with an all star team as we saw with his pitiful attempt for success in Cleveland, and I think when Wade is out of the picture, the support of Bosh will not be enough for a title win. I know that this demise of Wade will ultimately be the downfall of the big legacy and will incite the domination of younger teams such as the Pacers and the Thunder.
YeoldGoofy

Con

So you start off by saying that you have nothing against the big 3 but you are sick of them? I think that though there is a downward trend in their playing records, you are simply too early in your prediction. Their level of skill and especially experience is still superior to that of younger teams, I believe they will have at least 5 years of dominance before their reign ends.
stolethekimchi

Pro

stolethekimchi forfeited this round.
YeoldGoofy

Con

YeoldGoofy forfeited this round.
stolethekimchi

Pro

stolethekimchi forfeited this round.
YeoldGoofy

Con

YeoldGoofy forfeited this round.