Thiest_1998
zevallos927

The big bang theory never took place

zevallos927 has forfeited round #2.

Thiest_1998

Pro

I will be arguing against the big bang theory and saying why I think it never took place.
zevallos927

Con

All right may the best man win you christian
Thiest_1998

Pro

Thank you for accepting this debate and I hope to have an enjoyable debate

The Big Bang is a theory that sounds impressive on the surface, but simply does not hold up to extensive examination.

Here is how the Big Bang is often presented:

Somewhere between 18 and 20 billion years ago, all of the matter in the universe was compressed into a tiny space no larger than the dot on a page. This dot spun faster and faster until it exploded, thus creating the Universe and everything in it.

There are many problems with this theory. And the theory itself still does not answer many important questions - Such as where did all the matter in the universe come from?

If all the matter in the universe was compressed into a small dot, what caused this to happen? Where did gravity come from that held it together?

If this "dot" spun rapidly until it exploded., then where did the energy come from to start the spinning?

Also, in an environment without friction you would have this spinning dot going so fast it would then explode. If this happened, then all of the particles and matter being expelled from this "spinning dot" would all have to spin in the same direction as the dot they exploded from.

This is a known law of science, which those who believe in Evolution cannot do away with. It is known as the Conservation of angular momentum.

This matter which is said to have created the planets would all need to spin in the same direction as the object it came from.

So therefore, all of the planets should be spinning in the same direction.

However two of them are not. Venus and Uranus spin backwards.

Some planets even have moons that not only spin backwards, but travel backward around their planets.

The Big Bang theory also ignores the First law of Thermodynamics, which says:
"matter cannot be created or destroyed"

Those who believe in the Big Bang theory are also either unaware of, or ignore the "Second Law of Thermodynamics" which says:
"Everything tends towards disorder"

And the list goes on and on about the problems with the big bang theory and why I think it never even took place but I'm sure my opponent shouldn't have any problems answering any of my questions.

Your Turn :)
Posted by Spud 11 months ago
Spud
@Theist_1998 Amendment; just challenged you to a debate, since you may have missed my previous comment.
Posted by Spud 11 months ago
Spud
So it seems Theist_1998 is up to his old tricks again. @Theist_1998, when you finish this debate, feel free to challenge me to a debate on the Big Bang theory. I think this plagiarism has gone on long enough, and I think someone with a good background in understanding creationist talking points, needs to tackle this. I abstained from challenging you directly in a debate, as I'd have an absolute field day with your comments and it would seem a bit dirty going after arguments as weak as Kent Hovind's - but if you're going to continue to re-hash nonsense from Kent Hovind, I'd eventually end up in a debate with you anyways.

Like I said, I'm happy to wait until you've finished this debate. Just be warned though, that if you challenge me to a debate, I'd recommend you don't use the same arguments that you presented here. You can use these points if you want, but like I told you before, the refutation to these arguments will be uncompromising and unforgiving.
Posted by Zaephou 11 months ago
Zaephou
What pro puts across as extensive scrutiny is simple his misunderstanding of the big band theory and his own ignorance. I was looking forward to this debate, but now I am disappointed.
Posted by Amarandum 11 months ago
Amarandum
Theist_1998, all it would take is a simple google search to see that the Big Bang happened 13.8 billion years ago. How hard was that dude? Also, you realize that two guys have won the Nobel Prize for finding the cosmic radiation predicted by Big Bang models, right? It's like an "echo" from the Big Bang. That's solid evidence that it happened.
Your point about angular momentum overly simplistic in that it ignores the vast amount of time in between then and now. Planets didn't suddenly appear out of the cosmic fire of the Big Bang. In the baby universe there were only gasses like hydrogen and helium. Stars had to form and supernova before the harder elements produced in their cores could form into rocky planets. Then you have billions of years of asteroids and galaxies colliding into each other at thousands of miles an hour before life even developed on earth. The idea that the planets would keep the spin of the singularity of the Big Bang is absurd.
Posted by EggsAndSam 12 months ago
EggsAndSam
God is not a theory. Theories are explanations backed up by an abundance of evidence; God has little to no evidence
Posted by Sonofcharl 12 months ago
Sonofcharl
As you said. The "big bang" is a theory. Just the same as "god".
Posted by EggsAndSam 12 months ago
EggsAndSam
Oooh, I would've loved to take this debate
Posted by HeyTheist 12 months ago
HeyTheist
Wait really? you're really debating whether the big bag THEORY happened, of course it did, it was first proposed by the catholic priest Georges Lema"tre in 1927. The theory definitely happened, the big bang itself is a slightly more reasonable debate topic but still the evidence is stacked way in the favor of it actually having happened.