The browns are better than the steelers

Started: 4/18/2009 Category: Sports

The steelers almost get to the super bowl every year. they only win so if that's all they do why watch them. The browns win and lose.

My opponent contends that the Browns are better than the Steelers. If a team is to be considered "good" it usually has to meet the following criteria:

1) Make it to the playoffs

2) Win their division

3) Have a record of 10-6 and above

4) Win the Super Bowl

Now I assume that my opponent is talking about the Browns and Steelers in recent years. Well in the last ten years:

1) Steeler's have made 6 playoff appearances in the years of 2008, 2007, 2005, 2004, 2002, 2001 ( The Browns have only made it once in 2002. (

2) In the last 8 seasons Pittsburgh has won their division in the years of 2008, 2007, 2004 (with 15-1 season), 2002, and 2001 ( The Browns have not won once in that timeframe. In fact, the Browns haven't won their division since 1989, and even then it was with a weak 9-6-1 record (

3) A record of 10-6 and above is considered a good record in the NFL. The Steelers have reached this goal 6 of the last 10 years, each of these years making the playoffs ( The Browns have reached this goal once in 2007 and even then they didn't make it to the playoffs (

4) The Steelers have gone to the Super Bowl 7 times and won it 6 times. Two of those wins came within the last 5 years. The Browns haven't even ever made it to a Super Bowl (

My opponent's only argument was that:

By this I suppose he means that because the Browns can win OR lose it is more exciting to see what happens. However, my opponent fails to see that the Steelers also win and lose ( In the last ten years their records were:
12-4 2008

10-6 2007

8-8 2006

11-5 2005

15-1 2004

6-10 2003

10-5-1 2002

13-3 2001

9-7 2000

6-10 1999

It is quite clear that the Steelers are, recently have, and always have been better than the Browns. I await my opponent's response.

Almost all the steelers records are winning and they almost always get to the playoffs so what's the point of the regular season, if they always win. The steelers have only won 2 more games than the Browns have playing each other. The Browns make it to the playoffs every once and a while, unlike the steelers who almost always make.

I thank my opponent for his response.

Your argument makes no sense. I already gave you my criteria for a good team which you did not try and refute. Thus, you have conceded all 4 points.

Reasons the Steeler's play the regular season:

1) To win the division

2) To make it to the playoffs

3) To make money

4) To give fans a good time

So then the Steelers are still better.

Since when is making the playoffs bad? I think that your logic needs a little fixing.

PRO, you have done nothing to refute my arguments or prove your own. I would like to ask that you elaborate on your points so that I can better understand your argument and refute it accordingly.

Good luck.

debatecrazzy forfeited this round.

All arguments extend. I am sorry that my opponent was not hear for his final round. It would not be fair of me to post points this round when he's been gone so I will leave things as they were.
Posted by debatecrazzy 7 years ago
it is the coach's last name is Brown. that is not racist.
Posted by crackofdawn_Jr 7 years ago
Posted by wjmelements 7 years ago
"The browns "

Posted by crackofdawn_Jr 7 years ago
With himself.
Posted by mongeese 7 years ago
You agree... with what?
Posted by debatecrazzy 7 years ago
i agree
Vote Placed by crackofdawn_Jr 7 years ago