The browns are better than the steelers
Debate Rounds (3)
1) Make it to the playoffs
2) Win their division
3) Have a record of 10-6 and above
4) Win the Super Bowl
Now I assume that my opponent is talking about the Browns and Steelers in recent years. Well in the last ten years:
1) Steeler's have made 6 playoff appearances in the years of 2008, 2007, 2005, 2004, 2002, 2001 (http://www.pro-football-reference.com...). The Browns have only made it once in 2002. (http://www.pro-football-reference.com...)
2) In the last 8 seasons Pittsburgh has won their division in the years of 2008, 2007, 2004 (with 15-1 season), 2002, and 2001 (http://sports.espn.go.com...). The Browns have not won once in that timeframe. In fact, the Browns haven't won their division since 1989, and even then it was with a weak 9-6-1 record (http://www.pro-football-reference.com...).
3) A record of 10-6 and above is considered a good record in the NFL. The Steelers have reached this goal 6 of the last 10 years, each of these years making the playoffs (http://www.pro-football-reference.com...). The Browns have reached this goal once in 2007 and even then they didn't make it to the playoffs (http://www.pro-football-reference.com...).
4) The Steelers have gone to the Super Bowl 7 times and won it 6 times. Two of those wins came within the last 5 years. The Browns haven't even ever made it to a Super Bowl (http://en.wikipedia.org...)
My opponent's only argument was that:
By this I suppose he means that because the Browns can win OR lose it is more exciting to see what happens. However, my opponent fails to see that the Steelers also win and lose (http://www.pro-football-reference.com...). In the last ten years their records were:
It is quite clear that the Steelers are, recently have, and always have been better than the Browns. I await my opponent's response.
Your argument makes no sense. I already gave you my criteria for a good team which you did not try and refute. Thus, you have conceded all 4 points.
Reasons the Steeler's play the regular season:
1) To win the division
2) To make it to the playoffs
3) To make money
4) To give fans a good time
So then the Steelers are still better.
Since when is making the playoffs bad? I think that your logic needs a little fixing.
PRO, you have done nothing to refute my arguments or prove your own. I would like to ask that you elaborate on your points so that I can better understand your argument and refute it accordingly.
debatecrazzy forfeited this round.
1 votes has been placed for this debate.
Vote Placed by crackofdawn_Jr 7 years ago
|Agreed with before the debate:||-||-||0 points|
|Agreed with after the debate:||-||-||0 points|
|Who had better conduct:||-||-||1 point|
|Had better spelling and grammar:||-||-||1 point|
|Made more convincing arguments:||-||-||3 points|
|Used the most reliable sources:||-||-||2 points|
|Total points awarded:||0||7|
You are not eligible to vote on this debate
This debate has been configured to only allow voters who meet the requirements set by the debaters. This debate either has an Elo score requirement or is to be voted on by a select panel of judges.