SamiahMatin
Starstream

The character, Patrick, should be removed from the show "Spongebob Squarepants."

SamiahMatin

SamiahMatin

Pro

This will be an interesting debate. Please present your ideas on the table and give your 100% to convince the audience!
Starstream

Con

No! Patrick is one of the main persons in the show!! It makes sponge bob who he is and that sponge bob is meant to be dumb and Patrick just makes it funny!! If you think he should be removed from the show, then you are and idiot!!!!!!
SamiahMatin

Pro

Thank you for your argument. However, using profanity or obscene language is not the best method to convey your message to a member.

As mentioned by Con's argument, "Patrick is one of the main persons in the show." This is absolutely not true. The show can continue without this character, since Patrick Star is recognized as an obnoxious and quite enlightended citizen of Bikini Bottom.

An example of Patrick's obnoxious behavior could been seen in the episode "Life of a crime," where Patrick and Spongebob steal a balloon on Free Balloon Day. Later on, they decide to leave Bikini Bottom and settle in the wild. When Spongebob offers Patrick a chocolate bar, Patrick assumes that Spongebob stole his bar of chocolate when there is chocolate smeared all over his mouth. Pause for a second. Are you kidding me? This character has become a symbol of pure ignorance. Cartoon shows have a big influence in a child's life, what in the world will a child think about this character?

Let's create a scenario here..... let us envisage from a child's perspective:

Child: Wow, Patrick is omg like super duper cool. When I grow up, I will want to impersonate my best friend and hurt his feelings. This is perfect!!

I await for your arguments............
Starstream

Con

Starstream forfeited this round.
SamiahMatin

Pro

Why in the world would you forfeit the previous round? Where did all your enthusiasm disappear for Patrick? Anyways, let me present another valid argument to remove Patrick Star from this show.

Recall Squidward Tentacles, a citizen of Bikini Bottom and also the neighbor of Patrick Star. Now in the episode "Squidville", he moves to a town filled with his own peers, other octopi who share his tastes and outlook on life. What does this indicate to you? Well, Patrick's obnoxious behavior has irritated Squidward and invaded his personal privacy. By all means, Squidward is a responsible individual who has the right to live a happy life. But, with this monster around, living peacefully is impossible.
Starstream

Con

Blah blah blah!! Patrick makes sponge bob funny and if the parents don't like their child/children watching it Then TURN IT OFF!! No need to kick him off!! He is hilarious! If you want to kick him out then let me explain this in a way you can understands You-are-a-idiot-if-you-want-to-kick-him-off!!!
SamiahMatin

Pro

SamiahMatin forfeited this round.
Starstream

Con

Starstream forfeited this round.
Posted by Starstream 3 years ago
Starstream
Thank a lot emmamilton03! That was rude and thanks I agree KEEP PATRICK!!
Posted by Starstream 3 years ago
Starstream
NONONONONONONONONONONONoNONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONO!!!! PATRICK ROCKS!!!!!!!!
Vote Placed by codemeister13 3 years ago
codemeister13
SamiahMatinStarstreamTied
Reasons for voting decision: I retract my previous vote and did not see the final round in which both forfeit. Conduct still goes to Pro for not resulting to Ad Hominem attacks. S&G goes as well for not overusing the exclamation point. Really, this vote is just a rewriting of reasons. I still thoroughly believe Pro won this debate. His arguments tended to be much more sound.