Anakin
obiwanjedi

The chicken came before the egg

Started: 1/15/2014 Category: Funny

Anakin

Pro

First round is for acceptance: I am Pro, I believe the chicken came before the egg.
obiwanjedi

Con

I am the con, and therefore I believe that the egg came before the chicken.
Anakin

Pro

The chicken came before the egg because our very existence started out live beings.

-For example, if you are religious you have to believe man came first not the embryo and even if you're not religious you might believe in evolution and the big bang theory and again you still will be faced with the chicken being before the egg.

When God created earth he didnt create of bunch of eggs
When the Big Bang happened it also didnt create a bunch of eggs
obiwanjedi

Con

The egg must have come before the egg because, as stated on science website http://science.howstuffworks.com..., evolution proves it. The first egg came from two living organisms known as "non-chickens." When the "non-chickens" mated, they made an egg that would eventually become the first chicken.

Therefore, evolution proves the chicken came first.
Anakin

Pro

My opponent brought up a very compelling source from the website how stuff works. I read it and it does make sense.

My rebuttal

Now just because something makes sense does not mean its true. It made sense to believe that the earth was flat and that earth was the center of the universe all proven false by scientific research and we all hold these to be true after hundreds of years.

My points
1. The website that you got this information from does not give any scientific data nor does it say anything about scientific research to come with this solution like scientist do when trying to solve a problem. What you and "how stuff works"
are saying is just logic you are trying to bleed over into this question without any proof, no name of who did the research, the school involved, nothing just logic being bleeding over.

Hundreds of years ago we thought we were the center of the universe because logically it made sense and that was the conventional wisdom of the times because it was logical, but proven false by Galileo. Galileo actually did research and experiments to prove this point not conventional wisdom of the times that made sense, the rest is history.

I will provide scientific proof, from a top tier university, from an actual scientific doctor none of what my opponent provided.

2. The protein that is found to create a chicken egg is only found in a chicken , the chicken had to come first. Now unlike my opponent that only provided a link to the website howstuff works, I will provide a link to an article that will show you that the The University of Sheffield located in the UK is a school ranked 66th in the world (http://en.wikipedia.org...) and had 5 Noble Prize winners (http://www.telegraph.co.uk...) did research to provide scientific proof that the chicken came first, made by Dr. Colin Freeman

http://www.cbsnews.com...
http://www.theguardian.com...
http://www.nbcnews.com...

So here I provided actual scientific research, from a scientific doctor, from a school ranked in the top 100 in the world versus your website link from Howstuffworks that is just using conventional wisdom or I would like to call it convenient knowledge instead of actual research into the topic
obiwanjedi

Con

obiwanjedi forfeited this round.
Posted by Anakin 2 years ago
Anakin
I wish people would vote more... we have so many comments but yet only one person voted
Posted by brepar 2 years ago
brepar
lol, dinasaur eggs came well before chickens therefore the egg came first.

if people are going to debate this then they should at least specify that it is a chicken egg
Posted by mir9 2 years ago
mir9
No, its been scientists say that the chicken evolved from an ancient bird. And it is impossible for living creatures to evolve after hatching. It has never been done. Also "The protein that is found to create a chicken egg is only found in a chicken , the chicken had to come first."? Come on. What if that bird is extinct? And all birds are from the same basic DNA according to the evolution theory(which happens to be the one they use to teach the elementary school kids).....No offense by the way, Pro. I got carried away.
Posted by obiwanjedi 2 years ago
obiwanjedi
I am sorry for not inputting my last round. I was away and could not get back in time.
Posted by Anakin 2 years ago
Anakin
Mir9 did u read my debate .... What u are saying is just conventional wisdom of the times. There was an actually study of this and they determined the chicken was first. Did u study to come up with that solution? Did u go to school for that? No in my debate I provided an actually scientic study an experiment on the matter, that proves the chicken was first . What u are saying is something that just sound right.
Posted by mir9 2 years ago
mir9
the egg came first. chickens theoretically evolved from another bird and they didn't evolve after hatching did they?
Posted by mir9 2 years ago
mir9
Posted by jaydenmohabir 2 years ago
jaydenmohabir
wiki sucks
Posted by jaydenmohabir 2 years ago
jaydenmohabir
wiki sucks
Posted by jaydenmohabir 2 years ago
jaydenmohabir
wiki sucks
Vote Placed by mir9 2 years ago
mir9
AnakinobiwanjediTied
Reasons for voting decision: It's spelled Nobel, Pro. Yes I did go to school. I still do.