Sonofkong
Darknes

The christian god Yahweh is malevolent

Reasons for your voting decision - Required

Sonofkong

Pro

I am here to argue that the literary character in the Christian bible is the root of all evil and therefore is malevolent. I challenge a theist to prove said character is better than at the very best short tempered Odin or Zeus who killed on a whim also.

This debate concludes that god is
*Omnipotent
*Omnipresent
*Omnibenevolent
*Omniscient
and several other Omni-attributes alluding to the fact he is all powerful, good and knowing.
Darknes

Con

I thank my opponent for this debate.

The Christian bible states that God is all-benevolent. This suggests that the evil things He appears to do are only working toward a future goal of utopia, and that humans cannot comprehend why. Since humans cannot comprehend His actions, Pro cannot, unfortunately, provide evidence on why God is malevolent and the root of all evil.
Furthermore, if He was, He could easily create a world filled with nothing but tyranny, greed, and horrors. We do not see this in real life, not even in the bible, thus disproving my opponent's point entirely.
Sonofkong

Pro

Thank you for accepting joining me in this debate. I will first state that proactively causing chaos or suffering is not the exclusive definition of evil. However being the root cause for evil is. Before examining your deity's track record of murder in the infallible book known as the King James Bible I will look at the evidence around us.
1.) First of all, what is god responsible for? Assuming my opponent is not a deist, everything. The only problem is that almost everything positive; life, water, immunity to diseases, evolution and several others are explainable by science. One of the only things unexplained are the creation so I will hypothetically give you reasonable doubt that god is responsible for the big bang, or whatever is in place of it. The results include,
*Extreme weather which could have conceivably created life as an overlooked by product yet according to my insurance company, any disaster is "An Act of God." So this slightly benevolent force is constantly taking the life it accidentally created. Sounds like infanticide to me.
*Antimatter which quite literally destroys upon contact. Something even a nihilist will find abhorrent.
*Explicit orders not to fulfill needs that are directly programmed into us. This causes guilt, countless unmade lives, suicides and suffering of those who live with their biology instead of within a presupposed norm.

This, along with many allowances or even causes of evil in general. I brought a video to handily discuss these along with the never disproven incompatibility of god a benevolent god and evil. Here you go.
Darknes

Con

Darknes forfeited this round.
Sonofkong

Pro

Upon the forfeit of my opponent I have little else to say. The only argument I have failed to disprove is his case that god works "in mysterious ways." As you will shortlysee that argument fits about as much as it does for a serial killer.

In the king james bible, which religion places as infallible, the lord yahweh is a mighty and jealous god. He issues commands that would be inexcusable today. The stoning of gays is hardly kosher today despite that fact it would be un kosher not to do so. The bible by the way, was always untill recently, a moral guide specifically for jews by jews. Love thy neighbor, if translated literrayl would read "Love thy fellow jew." Heathans were free to be killed and they were by the bucketload. It is a sacrilege for instance to marry a canaanite or several fancy names for arab and moses died, not of old age, but for not circumcizing his sons.

Finally the god, Yahweh is malevolent for the main reason that he kills people. Lots of people. Plague, stillbirthing, lightning strikes, fires, floods, cities destroyed on the basis that everyone was a rapist (apparently including dogs, women, children and babies) and god waited 6 billion years to give anyone the slughtest chance of not burning in hell.

Yahweh is evil, by far more evil than satan.
Darknes

Con

Darknes forfeited this round.
Posted by Darknes 6 years ago
Darknes
God... if I hadn't slept till 4 P.M. I would've won...
Posted by Sonofkong 6 years ago
Sonofkong
1 day to go.
Posted by Darknes 6 years ago
Darknes
hehe, five hours left at this point
Posted by LeoL 6 years ago
LeoL
This is quite intense, trying to prove that the Christian religion is basically evil. I do not know enough to debate this, but I'm going to observe this debate and see the outcome.
Vote Placed by Zarroette 3 years ago
Zarroette
SonofkongDarknesTied
Reasons for voting decision: ff
Vote Placed by Ragnar 4 years ago
Ragnar
SonofkongDarknesTied