twocupcakes
frozen_eclipse

The christian god does not exist

frozen_eclipse

twocupcakes

Pro

Hello

This is my first debate. I would like to argue that the christian god does not exist. My opponent will argue that the christian god does exist. The burden of proof should be shared. The christian god is all knowing, all powerfull and all good. I will be arguing that this god does not exist. I look forward to the debate. Good luck.

I will wait for you to accept and then begin my aguments.
frozen_eclipse

Con

definitions-

exist-a : to have real being whether material or spiritual.

http://www.merriam-webster.com...

I will be arguing that the Christian god does exist, Most of my argumentation will be based on logic.
If I can prove logically, practically, or ethically, or spiritually that god exists in at least one of these aspects then this debate should won in cons favor.

I can assure the readers that The meat of this debate will be in reffutaion.

This should be interesting because my approach is a bit differnet than normal. So let it rip.
twocupcakes

Pro

Cool. Thanks for accepting this debate. I also will be doing a lot of refutation, but I will start with my arguments.

1. There are infinitly many different gods that could possibly exist. Perhaps there are many gods ( like in greek mythology), perhaps there is a god that is all knowing and all good, but is not all powerful, or maybe a mayan or nordic god exist. There is no evidence that shows that the christian god is more likely to exist than any other conceivable god. Then, logically, the chance of the christian god existing is one in infinity.

2. If god was all good, all knowing and all powerful he would not allow all the evil in the world. There are cases where really bad things happen to good people and really good things happen to bad people. While some of this is conceivable because of freewill, there are also cases of extreme evil. For example if a criminal burns a good person alive instead of shooting them. Therefore god is not all good powerful and knowing.

3. If god cared about humans he would want us to know about him. God does not want us to know about him. If he did all he would have to do is come down now, in the age of science and tell everyone he exists. Then it would be clearly documented and people would believe in him forever. It is unfair for god to judge humans without saying he exists. It is unfair to want people to believe in something without evidence. Therefore, god does not want humans to know of his existence. Because of this he is not an all caring god.
frozen_eclipse

Con

seeing as this is a very short debate I will defeat my opponents points, and then weave in some of my points.

A= opponents points

B = my points/ refutations

..........................................................................................................................................................................
A-1.....too many gods,why god over these other gods?

B-1......Well it is for the very reason that god and the bible practically explains the existence of these other "gods" and explains that they are valueless and that we have only one god. The Christian god. The bible is the only record that clarifies the existence of other gods to my knowledge. Also there is evidence that the Christian god exists over other gods. The bible. Also the fact that the Christian go is the most logical god to believe in. No other "Gods" have as much evidence of existence as the Christian god does. He explains his existence logically and most other things logically. While the "tales" of other gods arnt as logical and are obviously just stories or epic stories of hero's. Example.... Thor.

psalms 96:5

Lev 19:4

Lev 26:1

B-1 The bible is most accurate and reliable and is a factor to gods existence.

The bible was the first thing to accurately describe gravity.......job 26:7.....at deut. 8:7,9 it describes cliffs saturated with iorn near beer-Sheba. At some point engineers digged around this area and discovered a land of 65% iorn. The bible tells man why we die, what happens when we die,gives us counsel on life,tells us how we are forgiven of our sins.....etc.....the bible itself being so accurate and practical is evidence of gods existence. NO other book that has lasted throughout such a long period of history, and has been written by so many authors in different lands at different time periods, and has been more accurate,and presents the same overall theme so clearly, and is more synonymous, and has more fluency than the bible. The bible described gravity, the earths core,and the shape of the earth before any human made the conclusion.

Also almost all of the bible prophesies has been fulfilled. I cannot list all of them but I will list a few.

prophecy event fulfilment

deut. ;17:14 Israel to request monarchy. 1 sam, 8:4,5,19,20
jer.25:11;29:10 Restoration of a remnant would be after
70 year of desolation. Dan.9:1,2 Zech. 7:5 2 chron. 36:21-23

Zech. 9:3,4 Island of Tyre to be destroyed. Accomplished by Alexander in 332 B.C.E

......http://en.wikipedia.org...

There are scores of bible prophecies that have been fulfilled. The bible itself is a witness of the accurate truth of gods existence.

A-2
God allowing evil proves his non-existence.

B-2 God has reason for allowing evil.
Yes, god is omnipotent, omnibenevolent, and omniscient. So first God allows suffering, not causes it. Secondly God is justified in allowing evil. Evil was introduced via Adam and eve. we all inherited his imperfectness. At some point Satan challenged Gods sovereignty.( witch was around the time of Adam and eve, and at some other point.) If god would have simply destroyed Adam and eve then that wouldn't be proving his sovereignty to all under subjection to him including his angels. God took the chance to allow Satan to rule this world, and explain why he should have sovereignty over god. Obviously Satan ruling his world isn't working out. God is allowing evil to prove Satan by example is not fit to rule his world, and prove that god has the right to sovereignty over all creation. Eventually he will be put on trail and all this evidence of suffering will be on the table. Also god gives us ways to avoid suffering he doesn't want us to die or suffer......2 peter 3:9. He provides ransom for forgiveness and practical ways to avoid suffering to a degree. Lastly A huge part of this is the point of should god have forgiven Adam to prevent the suffering of mankind? No, would that really have prevented suffering or would it instead, have made God responsible for it? What happens when a father simply overlooks deliberate wrongdoing on the part of his children rather than take firm disciplinary measures? The children often get involved in first one from of wrongdoing and then another, and much of the responsibility lies with the father. So if Adam was forgiven for this either witch way sin was going to be introduced. But if god let it fly then he could have been considered a party to the wrongdoing.

A-3 Since god is invisible then he doesn't exist.
Gravity is invisible, but it is still proven to exist through its involvement in our everyday life. Similarly God is involved in our everyday life. HE created everything we perceive. he also allows us to wake up everyday.

my opponent stated ....." If god cared about humans he would want us to know about him." Absolutely right. Why do you think the bible exists? To let us find out about god. HE wants us to know him but will not force you to know him. there's also evangelizers out there that teach people about god everyday. That is evidence that god wants us to know about him.

Romans 1:20-" His invisible qualities are clearly seen from the worlds creation onward, because they are perceived by the things made."

Why doesn't god just show his face?
Maybe he doesn't have a face. Maybe we have seen him but cannot perceive him. Also if god just simply showed his face. Though people would believe him, it wouldn't stop people from sinning and betraying him. SO things would probroly be the same. S I used the example of gravity earlier. Do you really need to see gravity to know it exists? It is proven exist because we experience it. SAme principle applies to the existence of the Christian god. We experience evidence everyday to prove his existence. Actually there was a time when god communicated with humans alot but god got tired of humans disobeying him countless times. So Maybe the condition of those rebelling against him may be a factor.

My opponent stated....." It is unfair for god to judge humans without saying he exists."....he created us. Therefore he has every right to teach us right from wrong and to have sovereignty over us.

Moving on to one of my most important points.

B-3 the Christian god exists because of the definition of existence.

In this debate were debating does the Christian god exist. Technically, and analytically speaking in this paragraph yes he does exist. The definition of existence is....exist-a : to have real being whether material or spiritual. So if I can prove he exists in either witch way then this should prove he exists. All things we perceive exists. If we can perceive something. Than it is a thing and it exists. So at a basic level here. the fact that we are talking about the Christian god in this technical way of thinking means he exists atleast in our mind. Even if in the mind it is still existence.
Also perception is reality. Whatever the human brain perceives in life is its own reality. So with that being said Since we perceive god to be in some form of existence be it in our mind or our reality Then god exists.

So in my case i have proven these three points.

1.B-1 The bible is most accurate and reliable and is a factor to gods existance.
2.B-2 God has reason for allowing evil.
3.B-3 the christian god exists because of the definiton of existance.

So god exists on a practical, logical, and technical, and psycological level. Therefore God exists.
twocupcakes

Pro

The Bible is accurate and reliable to show gods existance.

The bible is not accurate ad reliable to show gods existence. My opponent argues that because the bible made succesful predictions that it shows god exists. "Also almost all of the bible prophesies has been fulfilled. I cannot list all of them but I will list a few"

The bible also has many false claims and predictions. Here are a list of failed prophecies.
Isaiah 17:1 "An oracle concerning Damascus: See, Damascus will no longer be a city but will become a heap of ruins."

FAIL: Damascus is still inhabited today with well over a million people and there was never a time where it ceased to be a city. It is widely known as being the oldest continuously inhabited city in the world.

Ezekiel 29:10-11 "therefore I am against you and against your streams, and I will make the land of Egypt a ruin and a desolate waste from Migdol to Aswan, as far as the border of Cush. The foot of neither man nor beast will pass through it; no one will live there for forty years."

FAIL: Never in its long history has Egypt been uninhabited for forty years.

Matthew 16:28 "I tell you the truth, some who are standing here will not taste death before they see the Son of Man coming in his kingdom." 23:36 "I tell you the truth, all this will come upon this generation." 24:34 "I tell you the truth, this generation will certainly not pass away until all these things have happened."

FAIL: Jesus states in Matthew that all the signs marking the end of the world would be fulfilled before his generation ended, before the people that were standing infront of him "taste death." Those people have been dead for over 2000 years and the world did not come to an end, neither have all those signs been fulfilled.

Here is the link to these failed prophecies and more http://truth-saves.com...

The bible also makes false historical claims. For example

Jericho
The Bible says Joshua destroyed the wall of Jericho around 1400 BCE but Archaeological evidence shows that an earthquake destroyed the wall in 2300 BCE. The city was also thoroughly destroyed by a fire and then abandoned in 1600 BCE. Jericho was not inhabited again until 700 BCE. There was no wall to tumble down or citizens to destroy at Jericho within centuries of when the Bible says Joshua was there.

http://truth-saves.com... the link and more

The bible also claims that the earth is about 6000 years old. When scientific evidence puts it around 4.5 billion years old.
http://www.missiontoamerica.com...
www.talkorigins.org/faqs/faq-age-of-earth.html

There are countless other contradictions, falsehoods, ect. in the bible but these should be sufficient for now.This shows that the bible is not accurate in making predictions and explaining things on account of it is often wrong. However, even if the bible is sometimes right, this is no reason to think that it is right about accuratly describing god. I have a friend who predicted the winner of the NCAA march madness tournament for the last 3 years, this does mean he can describe supernatural phenomena accuratly. Nostradomas made many correct predictions, one should not take is word if he described a god/religion. There is little correlation between correct predictions and the ability to desribe god.

The bible is the best book of all the documented religions

Even if the bible was the "best" of all documented religions it does not prove that it is reliable. Saying that the bible is the best book to reliably desribe the universe is like saying that wrigleys is the best kind of gum to chew to survive getting ran over by a train. Even if it is the best it is not effective.

In addition, there are more conceivable religions then just documented ones.

God allows evil on account of adam and eve

My opponent claims that God is allowing satan to run the world and is preparing evidence for a trial

"God took the chance to allow Satan to rule this world, and explain why he should have sovereignty over god.Eventually he will be put on trail and all this evidence of suffering will be on the table"

This is not the action of an all knowing all powerful good being. Imagine if Barrack Obama allowed Osama bin Laden to rule the USA to prove it he would do a bad job. Also, an all powerful being would not take so long to get a trial. Why is a trial necesarry? Who does he has to prove to that satan is not fit to rule? If god is so concerned about having enough "evidence" why does he give slim evidence of his existence? Why is it more important to show that satan cannot rule than to prevent the suffering of the world.

Some guy steals an apple, so god decides to subject the entire world to mass amounts of suffering. This seems a bit harsh. My opponent states that allowing suffering is punishment for adam. "What happens when a father simply overlooks deliberate wrongdoing on the part of his children rather than take firm disciplinary measures? It is immoral to punish others for the deeds of one man. For an example in North Korea children born in prisons/gulags/workcamps are prisoners for life. This is immoral. An all good god would not punish others for the deeds of another.

Also my opponents states that god does not cause suffering. "So first God allows suffering, not causes it".According to noahs ark god deliberetly drowned everyone. http://christianity.about.com...

God is invisible he does not exist

Gravity can easily be noticed. God cannot. THe evidence for god is a book that includes falsohoods and contradictions. My opponent claims that god wants people to know abot him. "If god cared about humans he would want us to know about him." Absolutely right." Well, if god was all powerful he could do a better job of this. Not everyone knows about god. There are tribes that have not made contact with modern society yet, that do not know about this God. If god wanted these people to know about him, and was all powerful, then they would know about him. They do not know about him, so god must not be all powerfull and all knowing.

First notice a contradiction made by my opponent. "Maybe we have seen him but cannot perceive him." "If we can perceive something. Than it is a thing and it exists."

My opponent thinks that god exists on account of he exists in our mind. "Than it is a thing and it exists. So at a basic level here. the fact that we are talking about the Christian god in this technical way of thinking means he exists atleast in our mind. Even if in the mind it is still existence."

If this were the case, then all other gods would also exist. The hindu god/voodoo gods/ect because they also are percieved. Since the Christiian God is the one and only god, then it cannot exist alongside other gods. So god cannot exist.

Also if this would be the case then, delusions of the mentally ill would exist because they exist in the mind. The lost city of Atlantis exists because it exists in ones mind. Imaginary friends would exist. Santa Clause and the Easterbunny would exist because they exist on ones mind. Ghosts. dragons, faireis and other nonsense would also exist.

My opponent states "Whatever the human brain perceives in life is its own reality.". Anorexic people perceive themselves as fat, when they actually skinny. Some morons percieve themselves as smart when they are actually stupid. Just because somebody percieves something does not make it true.

At best my opponent has succesfully proven that God is no more real than Santa Clause

I have shown that the bible is not sufficient evidence to believe in god
adam and eve do not explain the problem of evil
God is morally obligated to produce a convincing case he exists to everyone and he fails to do so

and that if somebody thinks of something in their mind it does not exist in reality
frozen_eclipse

Con

I will summarize the points of argument in this debate.

Prophecies

Isaiah 17:1

"Isaiah 17 was fulfilled in other events of the Bible, such as in 732 BC when Assyria defeated the Armenians and their capital Damascus (2 Kings 16:9). The problem is that while although the prophecy has been partially fulfilled in the past, this does not mean it does not have dual fulfillments, as is often the case with Bible prophecies. Usually parts of the prophecy are not fulfilled until a later, final fulfillment. In this case, the part about Damascus ceasing to be a city and become a heap of ruins is plainly yet future." http://www.escapeallthesethings.com...

We also need to keep in mind that there was no specific time set. So this may be coming in the future.

"Psalm 83:1-5, 12 (HCSB) 5 For they have conspired with one mind; they form an alliance against You 6 the tents of Edom and the Ishmaelites, Moab and the Hagrites, 7 Gebal, Ammon, and Amalek, Philistia with the inhabitants of Tyre. 8 Even Assyria has joined them; they lend support to the sons of Lot.

Like Isaiah 17 it predicts a devastating defeat for Israel's attackers:

Psalm 83:13-17 (HCSB) 13 Make them like tumbleweed, my God, like straw before the wind. 14 As fire burns a forest, as a flame blazes through mountains, 15 so pursue them with Your tempest and terrify them with Your storm. ...17 Let them be put to shame and terrified forever; let them perish in disgrace.

SO maybe one day in the future Assyria(where capitol of Damascus is located) will attack Israel and they may be wiped of the map to fulfill this scripture. Just think about it Israel could be easily wiped off the map right now. It seems god is the only thing protecting them.

Ezekiel 29:10-11........Nebuchadnezzar conquered Egypt.......http://www.biblestudy.org...

......The Egyptian 40-year captivity could have been fulfilled at this time...........but as I have said this may not have been fulfilled yet.

Matthew 23:26...also 24:34...if you would read the event happening in the preceding paragraphs obviously that generation was Jerusalem. The prediction was fulfilled in the destruction of Jerusalem, A.D. 70......http://en.wikipedia.org...

Also in my bible at Matthew 24:34...it cross references to mark 13:20.....witch reads "In fact, unless god had cut short the days, no flesh would be saved. But on account of the chosen ones whom he has chosen he has cut short the days."

So maybe god has given us more time. Then again I don't know what god has planned.

Jericho Did you ever think of the possibility of the Christian god causing the earthquake and using that as a means to destroy Jericho? Also it doesn't matter how it was destroyed. The fact is it was destroyed fulfilling prophecy.

There has been 100 plus prophecies fulfilled. This fact plus the fact of the bible accurately describing aspects of science witch was latter confirmed like gravity, and the shape of the earth is definitely a contributing factor to prove his existence. He is also the only god who describes creation in depth.

http://www.100prophecies.org...

This source says there are 2,500 prophecies in the bible while 2000 have already happened.

http://www.reasons.org...
nothing else in the world was as accurate as the bible is. So pros examples don't stand because they don't compare to the knowledge of the all knowing Christian god. We don't care about those other examples because their human and can fail While god is incapable of lieing thus all his prophecies are true.

pros comparison makes absolutely no sense. The difference here is that Wrigley's has not been proven to be the best gum to survive getting run over. The bible has scientifically proven scientific findings.......Please look at this site that explains 7 scientific truths described by the bible witch tell these truths before man proving its reliability..........http://www.biblestudy.org...

God allows evil on account of Adam and eve
My opponents example doesn't compare to god because god represents sovereignty over all existence opposed to a country. God is taking so long with this trail because he wants us to repent so that he doesn't have to watch those who support the devil and reject his son to suffer. He doesn't want us to suffer. So he is giving the world time to repent to forgiveness......Romans 2:4........God has to prove the angels,humans and all other existence that Satan isn't fit to rule because obviously earth isn't a peaceful place. Imagine if Satan ruled heaven as well and all other existence. The universe may turn into a even more evil place than know. God has to use the example of the bad condition of the world of witch Satan rules to prove what life would be like if someone else was in charge. Thus proving his sovereignty In the most fair way.
Job 1:11,12
Ro 9:17, pr 27:11
joh 12:31
Ro 2:6, 7, rev 21:3-5

Also the persecution in north Korea is moral in the citizens eyes. They are slaves to there leader. If they do wrong then the people are willing to accept the punishment because that's just how they have been brainwashed. So it is moral in there eyes.Also its not that god is punishing us for Adams sins because obviously we couldn't have controlled the situation. But god makes clear that our fathers decisions can affect the sons lives. So because of Adams sins we are affected. God doesn't create the problems of the world Satan does. Adam allowed Satan to enter evil,pain, and suffering into the world. SO He became imperfect. We just happened to inherit it. SO don't be mad at god. Be mad at Adam for causing suffering and evil to enter into the world. Lastly I feel this is justified because id rather have god as a our god than Satan.

About Noah's ark. Angels were coming down and having sex with humans witch god forbid causing giants to be born. This was necessary. God wasn't about to allow the sinful angels back into heaven after they deliberately disobeyed him. If he did he would have enabled heaven to be corrupted. Also the humans were rejecting him. SO they had to be dealt with...........genesis 6:4.....numbers 13:33

God is invisible he does not exist

Jehovah's witnesses are everywhere. Enough said. Point proven, go look to how many places they preach to.
............................................................................................................
Here's what my opponents contentions was when we started.

They are now dropped arguments.

1. There are infinitely many different gods that could possibly exist.too many gods,why god over these other gods?

2. If god was all good, all knowing and all powerful he would not allow all the evil in the world.God allowing evil proves his non-existence.

3.If god cared about humans he would want us to know about him.Since god is invisible then he doesn't exist.

My points witch still stand and awnsers his case

1.B-1 The bible is most accurate and reliable and is a factor to gods existence.
2.B-2 God has reason for allowing evil.
3.B-3 the Christian god exists because of the definition of existence.

my last point I was trying to prove that god exists on a spiritual level. At the beginning of this debate I said I should win if I can prove he spiritually exists. Maybe I didn't explain it to well. The other gods may exist in the mind. So at some level they exist. The difference with the Christian god is that there is natural evidence he exists. While there isn't much evidence as accurate out there as the bible. So since the bible is accurate and supports the existence of the Christian god,Since god is justified in allowing evil, and since god is proven to exist not only in the mind( spiritual) but in reality, my case is proven. Pro claims dropped while mine still stand. So con should win.

Posted by ellielynch21 1 year ago
ellielynch21
we are all sinful people. every single one of us. me included. we sin everyday. if you don't believe that we should suffer for something that we are continuously doing every day, then it might be hard to understand. we deserve a life in hell because of all the sins we commit. we could not go to heaven like this because God cannot be in the presence of sin. that is why Jesus died on the cross. so that we can replace our record of thousands upon thousands of sins with Jesus's perfect record. but this is what i'm trying to prove. that God shows us his beauty and majesty in science, yes. but he proves to us his existence by his creation. just look around you. nature could not be created by simply appearing. God designed them and created them. just like he designed and created you. i can't just recite a math equation and expect for you to believe in God. because its so much more than that. God cares about the condition of your heart. not the condition of your brain. i believe in the Lord Jesus Christ. but not because my parents believe. I love the Lord with all of my heart and have my own salvation and my own relationship with him. and i hope you can too one day. God has placed in our hearts an ability to believe because he wants us to believe in him. you even said it yourself when you said that you are an agnostic heading towards atheism. because in our hearts God gives us the desire to believe. we have to believe in something. but that something is God.
Posted by frozen_eclipse 1 year ago
frozen_eclipse
Heres what i can't stand about those who criticise my beliefs, I can't stand when ople asume my arguments are based on science and technology and what other people think. Unlike ome other people i am free from religious and societal biased bounds. that means i can think for myself and don't need anyones inflence to come to any personal opinions of mines. I al can't stand when people try to push the existance of god on me by psychological tricks like fear and quilt. DOESNT WORK! I also cant stand those who try to spread the word of god but can't even prove he exists or neither can they explain how they now thee religion is the original correct religion. People believe in religion mostly because there parents tell them to. Many never justify religion to themselves, i can not and that! Also this punishment, How is it that a loving god would punish humans for mistakes they cannot control, or for not believing in him because he doesnt provide eough evidence? why must i be tortured in fire for that? Does that make any sense? no. Does it make since to believe a tree is nonpoisonouswhen the roots are poisoned while the leaves seem ok...no
Posted by ellielynch21 1 year ago
ellielynch21
God gives us a choice. every day. we can choose to wake up, or stay in bed. to do our homework, or to skip it. to reach out to someone, or ignore them. to take a chance, or sit back and watch. of course he already knows what we will pick, but he allows us to choose anyways. God cares about us, and usually we ignore him. but that's the ironic part. because WE need HIM. yet HE is the one who is constantly reaching out to us and begging us to follow him so we will be saved from the punishment we all deserve. God sent his ONLY son to die on the cross for the sins he knew we would commit even though he would gain nothing. he already knew that we couldn't pay him back. but he sent his son anyways. and that's what he continues to do everyday, to millions of people he knows will never be able to pay him back. we are constantly straining away from the Lord who is constantly pulling us forward to salvation. isn't that just amazing? how much he cares for you? just because the technology and science of the life you are living has an explanation, that doesn't mean you need a reasonable explanation for The Explanation. this earth is so insane, it screams for a creator. it leaves a mark. how else would everything work together so amazingly to turn back to praise the Creator of the Universe. The Creator of the Universe loves you with an everlasting love that has lasted since before the beginning of the planets and the entire universe. God begs us to turn to him because he WANTS us to be saved even though we always turn away from him and rebel. God loves you, and he begs YOU to follow him because he wants you! he wants you because he created you. I know its hard to understand but its because there are such easy explanations for everything today. There can't be an easy explanation for such a complex universe!
Posted by frozen_eclipse 1 year ago
frozen_eclipse
I made the choice to read the bible in witch i found numerous contradictions, also at the time i was a jehovahs witness and i realised that some of their teachings are not from the bible and that they forbid individual thinking. They also forbid celebrating christmas but their leaders took a photo of them celebrating it (smh). Also there are many cause and effect Instances that maks me say that either there is no god or there is a god but teachings in the bible are not the way he intended it to be. Also iv;e had the thought that religion could be controlled by an evil force misleading everyone religious, i also just find it impossible to find thr true religion amoungst millions who all think there's is right. I also don't nt to live forever in the boring world the bible fortells foever. Even if all suffering is gone i still don't think i wt to live forever. Maybe when im older my opinion will change but for now no. Id rather have fun and die than spend an eternity in boredom.
Posted by Tnkissfan 1 year ago
Tnkissfan
Was there an event that changed your mind towards the Christian faith or a number of things? Just idle curiosity.
Posted by frozen_eclipse 1 year ago
frozen_eclipse
Actually folks you will be suprised to know that im agnostic leaning towards atheism now
Posted by ellielynch21 1 year ago
ellielynch21
look all around you. isn't it all just so... invigorating? how could you need an explanation? earth in and of itself is mysterious! there can't be a logical explanation! its all around you! the beauty of the stars and nature and rain and sunshine. if you need a logical explanation for something so irregular and so extreme, then good luck. because it will be hard to find. take a chance! what have you got to lose in believing in something in which you will only gain? all around you will see things like you've never seen before and get a whole new perspective! why do you refuse to believe that someone so big and so significant can love you so profoundly and so extremely! God loves you, whether you love Him or not. and before he even created this earth he knew your deepest secrets and greatest accomplishments because he created them himself. He cares for you more than you care for yourself. Earth, and the universe, and this entire existence is so hard to comprehend and so hard to put into perspective, there just can't be a simple answer for such a complex thing
Posted by JohnBeastwood999 1 year ago
JohnBeastwood999
I as an atheist belive that there is no gods whatsoever and that religion is making the world a worse place so whether or not one god is better then another does not matter because its the peoples actions on what they belive is how I would judge a God and a religion.
Posted by DragonX 1 year ago
DragonX
Yeah he does here's why the bible said that Israel would become a nation 1948 it happened. History itself proves that Jesus existed. There is now proof that king Darius existed. Even history proves that the Roman centurians did try kill the christians so that to tell you something. there is also recent proof that we didn,t evolve from the monkey & that humans were around the same time as dinosaurs. Both can be proved in this documentary Dragons or Dinosaurs. The bible does explain about dinosaurs. You can search up www.cloudtenpicture.com if you don't believe me. In Genesis 3:21 Genisis 1:29-30 Romans 5:12,14 & 1 Corinthians 15:21-22. You might not think so because the word dinosaur didn't exist until 1841. But the hebrew word was Tanniyn which's sometimes mean serpent Sea monster but mostly dragon. If you read those verses it'll tell ou the exact description of the dinosaurs. If you check th documentary Dragons or dinosaurs they'll show you in different countries that in ancient times that people have made numerous pictures of dinosaurs.
Posted by HonestDiscussioner 1 year ago
HonestDiscussioner
I have no interest in that particular debate. I see you just won this debate . . sure you don't want to go on this one again? You're on a winning streak . . .
Vote Placed by wiploc 2 years ago
wiploc
twocupcakesfrozen_eclipseTied
Reasons for voting decision: RFD in comments.
Vote Placed by jwesbruce 2 years ago
jwesbruce
twocupcakesfrozen_eclipseTied
Reasons for voting decision: Not to clear who won, probably needed more rounds. B-3 wasn't developed enough. POE was nicely answered. Christianity being favorable, over Thor and such, kind of won me over. But that doesn't exactly prove anything. I find I'm leaning toward justified evil. Good, Smart Debate.
Vote Placed by RacH3ll3 2 years ago
RacH3ll3
twocupcakesfrozen_eclipseTied
Reasons for voting decision: You guys both did well but I believe con did have more convincing arguments.