DaBestGuy1010
IamGuest

The color of water is clear, not blue.

DaBestGuy1010

Pro

LOL. This is a fun arguement. who ever wants to jain can
IamGuest

Con

I accept this challenge. L0L
DaBestGuy1010

Pro

OMG...
Con is my best friend. LOL, I WILL DESTROY UUU....
(MUWAHAHAHAHAHA)
IamGuest

Con

First of all, water is definetly blue. Have you ever been on a boat? Judging by your profile info, I say yes you have. Notice how you cant see the bottom in the middle of the ocean. If water were clear, you could see the bottom. And you cant.
Think about that...
DaBestGuy1010

Pro

Welcome to the last round! There is so much pressure involved!! First off, you have said that when I (or anybody else) are on a boat, you can't see the bottom. Well, judging by my profile info, you need to trust me when I say that the reason you can't see the bottom is that the sand from the bottom comes up, therefore making the water murkey. Your reason, says that the color of water is black, or another dark color, when the topic is that the water is blue... My reasons are that the only way that the color of water appears blue is in a pool and the bottom of the pool is blue. Also, when you drink water out of a water bottle, you can see right through it, you would not be able to is it was blue.
IamGuest

Con

I thank my opponent for posting an interesting reason.

First off, the reason you can see through a water bottle is because it is filled with drinking water, and drinking water is cleaned and put through many filters before it is put in a water bottle to rid the water of all the chemicals that could be potentially harmful to humans.
Secondly, if the sand at the bottom would come up and make the water murky, then why would the color of the water not be sand color? Why wouldn't you be able to, lets say, if you were scuba diving, see the sand in the water? And then why would murky water be a problem when snorkeling/scuba diving if the water was, as you have said, murky all the time from the sand?

Think about that...
Posted by PeacefulChaos 5 years ago
PeacefulChaos
Actually, Pro is right. When you look out to the ocean, it appears blue only because of the various plankton and other life forms living inside the ocean. I suppose sand has something to do with it, but not much.

In addition, if you ever have seen a clean river, then you would realize it is clear, not blue. This is because there are no plankton or litter to change the color of the river. If there are, then they are quickly swept away, which is why rivers are clear.
Posted by Why_So_Calvin 5 years ago
Why_So_Calvin
Water is definitely blue, the only reason it does no appear that way with drinking water is because it has both been filtered and it also is "dilute", which would give the impression it's clear. When you have a large body of water, it is evident it's blue.
Posted by ReformedArsenal 5 years ago
ReformedArsenal
I don't know if you know this... but Clear can't be a color...
Posted by IamGuest 5 years ago
IamGuest
If you can still see sand with your INCREDIBLE eyes, why isn't it always there? why cant you see all of it all the time?
Posted by DaBestGuy1010 5 years ago
DaBestGuy1010
Con's last arguement was entirely false. Also, drinking water is water isn't it?
Vote Placed by WriterSelbe 5 years ago
WriterSelbe
DaBestGuy1010IamGuestTied
Reasons for voting decision: Ok, so the easiest way to have one this would've just been to say, 'Clear isn't a color, so the resolution itself is disproved.' The burden of Con wasn't to prove that water was blue, they just had to prove that water was not the color clear. Seeing as clear isn't a color, this would've been an easy win. However, 'jain' made me want to kill myself. Like, a lot. Same with 'UUU,' and the fact the debate didn't start really until the final round. Pro made comments in rebuttle. Con-conduct.
Vote Placed by vmpire321 5 years ago
vmpire321
DaBestGuy1010IamGuestTied
Reasons for voting decision: Horrible spelling on "jain" PRO... Other than that, this was...just bad. I can't determine who won.
Vote Placed by imabench 5 years ago
imabench
DaBestGuy1010IamGuestTied
Reasons for voting decision: both arguments stunk. I gave it to pro though because con couldnt deny that water in water bottles were indeed clear, and last I checked when water comes out of a water fountain, its clear, not blue.....
Vote Placed by Mr.Infidel 5 years ago
Mr.Infidel
DaBestGuy1010IamGuestTied
Reasons for voting decision: Noone won