The concept of the environment is a socialist plot to destroy capitalism.

Harryelliott23 has forfeited round #2.

I'm not sure where some people get these ideas from, but I think this is so crazy I can't even see the other point of view.

Burden of proof will be 51% on Pro and 49% on me. Since I can't even see the other point of view, I'll let Pro go first.

Hello, loyal comrades.

As a devout socialist (coughs and splutters- apparently the word communist is illegal nowadays) I can confirm that the idea of an environment is a plot to destroy the capitalist infidels of the west, the idea is to push their focus so far into ideas of global warming and the environment that they will not see the coming revolution. Before they know it, the means of production will have been seized and the bourgeoise crippled.

The master plan for the environmental decoy was first formed by loyal soviet Leonid Kzyladskystok, who's idea was taken by Comrade Stalin, and it's creator purged. The mighty Stalin then locked the idea away in a secret KGB chamber for later use. It was discovered years later, after the 'fall' of the mighty Union of Soviet Socialist Republics, by loyal communist Hai Chi Zendog, who took the proposition to Xingping of China, who put the idea into action.

In more depth, the plot is to pull the focus of weak, populist politicians such as Barack Obama to the issues of global warming, and how to prevent it, while secretly building up a force to crush the bourgeoise and initiate the revolution. Machines of war, such as tanks and planes, will be cut down due to their 'environmental cost' by the U.S. and other western infidels, while the loyal socialists in the east grow in strength for the revolution.

Movements such as that of the infidel Donald J Trump have threatened to destroy the plot, so the spy Bernie Sanders was placed to win the presidency and continue to disillusion Americans and other westerners with the Global warming lie, in order to weaken the Bourgeoise for the upcoming revolution.

So there you have it, capitalist pigs, from an insider. The idea of an environment is actually a socialist plot to initiate the revolution and destroy capitalism.

Your loyal Comrade,

I would say the idea of the environment started with Charles Darwin in 1859.

"The theory of evolution by natural selection, first formulated in Darwin's book "On the Origin of Species" in 1859, is the process by which organisms change over time as a result of changes in heritable physical or behavioral traits. Changes that allow an organism to better adapt to its environment will help it survive and have more offspring. " [1]

"In 1848, Marx and fellow German thinker Friedrich Engels published “The Communist Manifesto,” which introduced their concept of socialism as a natural result of the conflicts inherent in the capitalist system." [2]

As you can see the idea of the environment came out after the idea of Karl Marx in 1848. So this idea isn't completely impossible. If the idea of the environment came before Marx was born I could show this as impossible. Instead, I will show how unlikely this idea that the environment is a socialist plot.

Now Karl Marx and Darwin had contact, again I can't show impossible, but can show improbable.

Letter from Charles Darwin to Karl Marx
October, 1873" [3]

As you can see Marx and Darwin did not have contact until 1873 which was well after the idea of the environment was developed. Of course it is possible that Marx influenced Darwin to create the theory of evolution as a socialist plot to destroy capitalism, yet I find this absurdly improbable.