The currents education system

I am currently a sophomore in high school, and I am borderline disgusted with the current direction the education system is going. I despise the way it is run and would like to debate someone concerning this topic. Game on dude

I accept i am also a sophmore and i have no issue about the educational system

BoP is on you because your the one making the claim

FF is an automatic loss

There are many things I very much dislike about the current state of education, but I'd like to focus on three main problems I see with education as of right now.

1) First of all, standardized testing. I understand that there has to be some way to measure a teachers status and determine whether or not they're fit for their job, but why dedicate an entire year to it? The purpose of education is right in the name, it's meant to educate students to be smarter than the generation before. I don't know about your school, but my schools' basic premise of the years education is absolutely not educational. Teachers will teach students information that is required for the standardized test, just so they can forget that information in replacement for information needed for the next year. It gets really old, really fast.

2) The second thing I'd like to address is something EVERYONE I know complains about: useless information. In what universe do I need to know about imaginary triangles to be successful? It doesn't make any sense at all to me. The only scenario I'd need that for is if, and only if, I decided to become a mathematician. I converse with many adults, and I still have yet to speak to one that says anything about the Pythagorean theorem other than the fact that they remember it. They should spend less time on the idiotic things and more time on things that matter, like paying taxes or managing my bank account.

3) My last complaint concerning education for this debate is that it's a beauty pageant. The grading system infuriates me endlessly. Why is it that one student barely has to try to get an A, but I work my butt off simply to get a high C or low B? Even though there aren't many ways I can think of to solve this problem, possibly the person whom their job is to maintain the balance of education could.

That is my case, now I'd like to hear yours

I just have to rebutt your claims since BoP is on you.

If i rebutt Con's case effecitivley i win the debate

-Standaridized Testing: Standaridized Testing preperation is one of the most important things schools can help you get ready for. Getting a good score on the ACT or the SAT maybe the push you need in your resume to get you into your first choice school. So not only is your school doing a great service for you. They are doing it for free. Education is done along side the SAT.

Education is defined as : the process of receiving or giving systematic instruction, especially at a school or university

So the SAT preparation is education.

-Did you really just say that you only need to learn math to be a mathematician? Are you serious? Hundreds of fields branch out from math not just mathematicians. Engineering for one can be used for your example of geometry. Stats branches into a statsican job. Saying math is only needed with for math only job is very ignorant.

-A beauty pagent? You still havent explained how that person somehow got an A and you got a high C/low B. Perhaps they worked harder? I honestly dont know if your just trolling at this point in the debate. If you are in an ap class like me then even if you get a C then you have a bigger weighted GPA then an A in a regular class.

the_sandiego_king forfeited this round.
Posted by EverlastingMoment 8 months ago
I'm sorry, but the fact that you just said learning maths was only applicable for becoming a mathematician is just too ignorant for voters to ignore.
Posted by Jedd 8 months ago
woah m8 you look so thug
Posted by ViceRegent 8 months ago
king, your instincts are good. The government school system needs to be abolished.
Vote Placed by Balacafa 8 months ago
Reasons for voting decision: ff