nur
Iameverythingyourenot

The customer is always right! Good policy?

nur

Con

Yes, he pays and orders the tune. But this does not mean that the client can not be wrong. And he is wrong - quite often.
Iameverythingyourenot

Pro

I accept this debate.
nur

Con

Because of the wide prevalence of this principle, customers behave in a such way as if customers' wish is a law for the salesmen!
Iameverythingyourenot

Pro

Let me start off by saying that there wasn't any real parameters set in this debate; therefore, what kind of service, retail, food, or any other kind, that the customer would be dealt with was not specified. With that said, I will focus on the food service where "the customer is always right" is a kind of unspoken motto.

When ordering food and paying for it, it is only reasonable that the customer should get their way and if there are any problems with what they are inevitably paying for then that should be fixed to the customer's liking. If food services didn't take into account the customer's opinion then that service could do whatever they wanted, without any regards to the customer's wants, then they wouldn't have any business. Food services are there to provide food with the customer's opinions and wants in mind.
nur

Con

nur forfeited this round.
Iameverythingyourenot

Pro

Well...I guess I've won...
Posted by Iameverythingyourenot 4 years ago
Iameverythingyourenot
Is there any other information you're willing to provide regarding this debate?
Posted by philochristos 4 years ago
philochristos
It's a great general principle, but it's a disastrous policy. I won't give my reasons, though, so I'm not accepting the debate and don't want to preload any arguments.