LeBananaZ
ViceRegent

The death penalty should be allowed

LeBananaZ

Con

The death penalty should not be allowed as you know the old saying, two wrongs don't make a right. The purpose of the death penalty is to stop people committing, killing is a crime.
ViceRegent

Pro

The death penalty is not "wrong". It is just.
LeBananaZ

Con

And why is it just? If you are trying to stop killing, it makes absolutely NO sense to kill people!
ViceRegent

Pro

I note that you have failed to establish that the death penalty is "wrong". I assume you are dropping that claim, which means you lose the debate.

And no, the purpose of the death penalty is to punish capital criminals. And no, killing is not a crime;., murder is a crime, with murder being defined as the unlawful taking of human life. Surely, you do not believe killing animals for food is a "crime"? Nor do you believe that killing man to stop him from raping your wife would be a "crime". It is certainly not in the U.S.

Capital punishment is just because God says so. And I am not trying to stop killing. I am trying to punish capital criminals. I have no problem with killing, especially cows and chickens. You will have to do better than that.
LeBananaZ

Con

This is my first debate so I am not as good as others but I must state that prison is a much better way of discipline than killing. You are taken away from your family, have to follow a strict regime and are in with a bunch of strangers. I am OK with that as at least you have a longer life and I think life is the most important thing in the world. Without life, you can't enjoy even the simplest of things. I agree that something must be take away from criminals, but life is too important to take away from anyone.
ViceRegent

Pro

What you think is not relevant. You have done nothing to show the death penalty is wrong or evil. And the fact is that those in prison have shorter lifespans than those not in prison, which means even your prison sentence is a death sentence, but you prefer the slow and torturous method and me the quick and easy method. You also want to make the criminal suffer. That is evil. I just want justice.

I win.
Posted by missmedic 9 months ago
missmedic
Keeping a person in jail is expensive, and as VR thinks, life is cheap.
Posted by ViceRegent 9 months ago
ViceRegent
Ahhhh, capital punishment is not "evil".
Posted by ViceRegent 9 months ago
ViceRegent
Posted by WhineyMagiciann5 9 months ago
WhineyMagiciann5
For once i actually agree with vice. But you should prepare for disrespect Lebananaz.
Posted by missmedic 9 months ago
missmedic
LeBananaZ
Prepare for some disrespect from your opponent
http://www.debate.org...
Posted by EccentricSenator314 9 months ago
EccentricSenator314
The Death Penalty is a necessary evil, for when a crime goes against humanity. You mean to tell me that you feel sorrow and sympathy when they plug the chair in for a serial pedophile!!??? This method is reserved for the worst of worst crimes, it serves as a deterrent. I highly doubt that anybody would've protested if Osama bin Laden would've gotten the Death Penalty, should be reserved for Crimes Against Humanity and when there's no doubt that the individual in question committed the atrocious crime(s) in question.....