WillDC22
Laxmaster24

The death penalty should be unconstitutional

WillDC22
Voting Style: Open Point System: Select Winner

WillDC22

Pro

I believe that the death penalty is unconstitutional, and that it should be made illegal in the United States. That pretty much sums it up
Laxmaster24

Con

So you are saying that rapists and villains convicted of multiple counts of murder and manslaughter should be let live? this is why our jail systems host the most convicts in the world. we are afraid to do what is necessary to keep people from being aloud to become repeat offenders
WillDC22

Pro

Does rape make death become necessary? I think not, they won't be repeat offenders if they aren't let out. there is an old saying, two wrongs don't make a right, and that applies here. I agree we do put too many people in jail, but that is not because of this, at least not exclusively because of this.
Laxmaster24

Con

I do believe an eye for an eye makes the world go blind but at some point a statement needs to be made more than life in prison. if enough people see that instead of them living out their lives in the prison system they have a good chance at the death penalty I believe crime rate will drop.
WillDC22

Pro

So you want to make an example? for some reason, I don't seem to remember that having the intended effect in history often enough for me to agree. I do not think crime will drop, crime will stay at almost the same place as it is, and I didn't even get into the economics part, where the death penalty costs more than to make those people spend the rest of their lives in prison. If killing a person is justified by that person killing, then wouldn't that mean the killers of the killer should be killed, they rid the world of life, the same thing the person was killed for. it just creates a cycle of killing that won't ever stop. what if they find out someone was innocent after they already kill him? there's nothing they can do.
Laxmaster24

Con

If you have the chance to commit a crime and get away with time in prison you have a better chance of committing this crime rather than knowing that this crime also has the death penalty attached to it
Posted by WillDC22 2 years ago
WillDC22
I say Saska made a fair assessment of the situation, but I can assure you, I am not drunk, I just have a really bad headache
Posted by WillDC22 2 years ago
WillDC22
if i was to reply to your last claim, I would say I would rather die then spend life in prison
Vote Placed by gomergcc 2 years ago
gomergcc
WillDC22Laxmaster24
Who won the debate:--
Reasons for voting decision: Both sides make very weak arguments
Vote Placed by Gabe1e 2 years ago
Gabe1e
WillDC22Laxmaster24
Who won the debate:Vote Checkmark-
Reasons for voting decision: "I don't seem to remember that having the intended effect in history often enough for me to agree. I do not think crime will drop, crime will stay at almost the same place as it is, and I didn't even get into the economics part, where the death penalty costs more than to make those people spend the rest of their lives in prison. If killing a person is justified by that person killing, then wouldn't that mean the killers of the killer should be killed, they rid the world of life, the same thing the person was killed for. it just creates a cycle of killing that won't ever stop. what if they find out someone was innocent after they already kill him? there's nothing they can do." Great argument.
Vote Placed by 9spaceking 2 years ago
9spaceking
WillDC22Laxmaster24
Who won the debate:Vote Checkmark-
Reasons for voting decision: pro proves that crime can be stopped with jail time. Seriously tho, you guys should read the Mikal vs Roy death penalty debate.
Vote Placed by BandMan16 2 years ago
BandMan16
WillDC22Laxmaster24
Who won the debate:Vote Checkmark-
Reasons for voting decision: Pro stated valid points as to why he feels the way he does.
Vote Placed by BLAHthedebator 2 years ago
BLAHthedebator
WillDC22Laxmaster24
Who won the debate:Vote Checkmark-
Reasons for voting decision: Pro made the two wrongs don't make a right argument, which is a very strong one.
Vote Placed by TheNamesFizzy 2 years ago
TheNamesFizzy
WillDC22Laxmaster24
Who won the debate:--
Reasons for voting decision: Can't vote on this one... No effort put into this debate at all.
Vote Placed by Saska 2 years ago
Saska
WillDC22Laxmaster24
Who won the debate:--
Reasons for voting decision: No points... Awful debate.