Caitlingarcia
nflodstrom

The death penalty should expand to cover some non-murder crimes at the state level.

Caitlingarcia

Con

The death penalty should not expand to cover non-murder crimes at a state level because of the high cost of keeping prisoners on death row. A prisoner on death row costs more than twice as much as a prisoner being kept in general population. This greatly affects the public since the money is coming out of our tax dollars.
nflodstrom

Pro

The death penalty should be allowed on crimes that do not involve murder. If a court comes across a case dealing with someone who is a sex offender or a known rapist, I think they should be up for debate on getting the death penalty.
Caitlingarcia

Con

But why give them the death penalty when we can give them life in jail? This would be less costly. Also, I believe that the state has the right to suspend constitutional rights (like they do in prison) but I do not believe they have the right to take away someone's life. I think that's taking power too far.
nflodstrom

Pro

nflodstrom forfeited this round.
Caitlingarcia

Con

Caitlingarcia forfeited this round.
nflodstrom

Pro

nflodstrom forfeited this round.