indianboi
laserfox90

The driving age in America should be increased

Started: 5/14/2012 Category: Technology

indianboi

Pro

Rules:
First round is acceptance only
Burden of proof is shared
Must have valid sources

Good Luck! :)
laserfox90

Con

I accept this debate.
Good luck!
indianboi

Pro

indianboi forfeited this round.
laserfox90

Con

It is unfortunate that my opponent decided to forfeit round 2, his first argument. I was hoping he would specify what age he wants to raise the driving age to. Anyway, I estimate that the age is 21, the drinking age.

First of all, many accidents caused by teenagers are because of alcohol consumption. Many teenagers drink alcohol, and 21 year olds drink alcohol. It would not make a difference if the driving age was raised. If teenagers drink alcohol illegally, how can you expect them not to drive illegally? Naturally teenagers feel rebellious. Trust me, I was a teenager once myself. If driving age is raised, teenagers would drive even more just to have some fun and adventure. If driving age stayed the same, on the other hand, hypothetically teenagers would feel more responsible. They would feel like adults.

Second of all, for teenagers to get into so many accidents, they have to have their own car. Who gives them the car? Obviously, most of the time, their parents give them the car. It is the parents' responsibility to make sure that the teenagers do not get into accident. I am sure that none of them want the insurance to go up. You cannot blame the teenagers for car accidents; you have to blame the parents. The parents need to teach their children what is right and what is wrong. Therefore, it would not make a difference how much the driving age is increased. If you do not learn when you are a child or a teenager, you will never learn. The older you are and start to drive, it will be even harder. Teenagers learn better from their mistakes that adults do. Why are adults so much wiser, though? That is because adults learned from the mistakes they made when they were children or teenagers. You have to give the teenager the experience to become successful in life.

Third of all, teenagers have to go to many places. Sometimes the parents are too busy to drive their children to places, so the teenager has to drive them self to the place. Teenagers also have jobs. They want to make some money too, right? They have a right in the United States. If they cannot drive, how will they get to the job? Their parents cannot drive them everywhere.
Teenagers have every single right to drive. Their parents teach them, and they go to driving school. It does not get any simpler than that.

Thank You
indianboi

Pro

indianboi forfeited this round.
laserfox90

Con

laserfox90 forfeited this round.
Posted by laserfox90 4 years ago
laserfox90
It is unfortunate that I forgot to post my debate for the last round. Partly this was because my opponent forfeited both rounds, so I saw no need to do it a second time. I extend my arguments to the third round just in case.