Edlvsjd
GoOrDin

The earth is a sphere, or a spherical shape.

Edlvsjd

Con

Please proove the earth is a spinning ball with no math.
GoOrDin

Pro

Now I understand why you don't want to use math:
Without having a visual observation to apply it to it remains theory regardless*
Astronomy looks for patterns, but is it one pattern or another? If the earth was in fact flat, the applied formulas used to map the stars would simply be converted to interpret that the stars are all spinning in a hay-wire pattern - however no less factual.

We can however determine that the globe is not flat by travelling by sea from Australia to South America. This was a common route for ships during world war 2.
In addition Antarctica is well documented, and it is excavated and explored by groups funded for adventure and science, not political gain.

The Idea that Antarctica is a giant icy barrier around the edge of the planet, does not account for the actual contour of the planet, the weather patterns, Routine airplane trips to and from Africa. However, continued sea faring in the Southern Oceans is the most prominent evidence.

The distance between Australia and Canada demand there to be a Spherical contour to the planet., as well as the distances between Canada and China. Canada and Russia, Canada and south America's Cape Horn. The distances demand that you acknowledge that the earth is Spherical. Nothing indicates or supports otherwise.

I would love to hear your half of the debate. As doubt is not an argument, ignorance is not an point of substance to defend your claim, and the nature of the debate requires you to support the contrary belief. I want to See Proof that you are write, not stipulations ~ or you trolled me to SH*t by bringing me into this crap-slinging contest.

SO bring on the facts or yield.
Edlvsjd

Con

Thank you for accepting this debate, and thank you for understanding about the math, I feel that math can be a useful tool, but it cannot substitute or represent reality. It also confuses voters.

Stars

Tycho Brahe famously argued against the heliocentric theory in his time, positing that if the Earth revolved around the Sun, the change in relative position of the stars after 6 months orbital motion could not fail to be seen. He argued that the stars should seem to separate as we approach and come together as we recede. In actual fact, however, after 190,000,000 miles of supposed orbit around the Sun, not a single inch of parallax can be detected in the stars, proving we have not moved at all. Mapping the stars would be impossible if the earth and everything else in the sky were flaying around independent of each other.
NASA and modern astronomy say Polaris, the North Pole star, is somewhere between 323-434 light years, or about 2 quadrillion miles, away from us! Firstly, note that is between 1,938,000,00,000,000 - 2,604,000,000,000,000 miles making a difference of 666,000,000,000,000 (over six hundred trillion) miles! If modern astronomy cannot even agree on the distance to stars within hundreds of trillions of miles, perhaps their “science” is flawed and their theory needs re-examining. However, even granting them their obscurely distant stars, it is impossible for heliocentrists to explain how Polaris manages to always remain perfectly aligned straight above the North Pole throughout Earth’s various alleged tilting, wobbling, rotating and revolving motions.

Trips Trips to Africa

As you can see in this map this route is essentially the same distance in a flat earth. What's really interesting, are trips to and from Australia and South America.

As you can see and verify, by booking a flight yourself or watch this guy do it. These flights have stops some hundreds of miles out of the way north on a globe, but if you trace the path on a flat map it makes more sense.

https://m.youtube.com...

Proof.
The best proof I've seen is in the go fast rocket launch. It's a shame that they went with this camera, or we could kill two birds, but the fish eye's effects used in most atmosphere balloon and rocket launches eliminate any straight line not centered. The proof is at the peak of the launch, as it begins it's descent, you see a very small, but very familiar face. Now in the description, they've luckily provided us with the date and time of the launch, and with this information, we can find out where the moon is exactly on the globe.

http://www.timeanddate.com...

This team is based on Nevada, the launch was from this state's desert.
How is it that we see the moon over Australia, straight above the United States? There is also a free celestial bodies site you can enter this time and date in, to get the same results.
We have access to lots of proofs, a simple Google search will bring up more and more results everyday.
Here's another, if the earth spins at 1,000 mph in an easterly direction, helicopters would only have to take off, fly a little north or south and land in their destination as it comes to them, assuming they can hit a moving runway... Unless the earth atmosphere is pulled along at the same rate, if so, how high does this magic event stop?
Gyroscopes(one more for the road)
Gyroscopes will hold an axis despite the container and what it does, if you flip a plane, the gyroscope holds the axis all the way through the flip, helping the pilot tell which way is up. Gyroscopes would act completely different if it were on a container that was spinning 360° everyday, while orbiting a sun that is orbiting the galaxies center that is orbiting the center of the universe at some 670 Brazilian miles per hour. It would spin around both axises wildly in every direction.
GoOrDin

Pro

From high altitudes within the atmosphere, as I do not believe in space travel, You can clearly see a huge and very perfect spherical curve to the earth.

The plane and boat trips from South America, to Africa, to Australia to South America Reflect the same distances of the Northern HEmisphere.

The Stars: Conspiracy Gordon talking here.
The distance between stars can be examined with as "suspicious" a glance as the Flat earth theory. I won't share it here. Message me in private to get a closer glimpse. AS your other arguments, if examined accurately support my argument about Distances, I feel uncompelled to examine the first clause.

Flat Earth society is without scientific professionals, Globe trotting aristocrats or a serious academic foundation.
To the contrary, The idea that the Earth is sphere is accepted by all religions and Cultures, which is soemthign it is difficult for people to agree upon.
IN further addition, there is no evidence any country or peoples ever believed in the Flat Earth theory prior to this modern cult propaganda. NOt in any era.
Edlvsjd

Con

From high altitudes, you are either looking out of a curved airplane window, or the camera has a fish eye lens, both of these cause lines to curve. Below is a video that does not use this lens, and the horizon is flat at any altitude, followed by a video that does, and you can clearly see the difference.

https://youtu.be...

https://youtu.be...

Distances. Not sure by the wording, what you're saying, as you provide no sources, I'll ricochet this one back to you, maybe a source can help better explain this claim.

Stars.
Again, in not entirely sure if English is your first language, and I don't see how a private message will help you in this debate.

Flat earth history
On the contrary, the flat Earth theory was believed by many cultures around the world including Ancient Egyptian and Babylonian cultures as well as China up to the last few hundred years. Did you not see the official map released in the late 1800's? Also many books were written during this period on the subject. Even Tesla knew the earth was flat.
http://www.theflatearthsociety.org...
http://beforeitsnews.com...
http://www.universetoday.com...
GoOrDin

Pro

I do not see how video helps in this debate. I just watched Jupiter ascending. And I was a multimedia student.
I can present more videos suggesting eh earth has a curve.

but I reinforce my statement that distances between the southern hemisphere continents and the north are paralleled.

My star premise that I wanted to discuss with you was a conspiracy theory, which I didn't want to bring into light in this debate. But since you preferred to attack me. I'll keep it to myself.

Curves, Distances, History, International Cultural conformity (which defies all Human conflicts), and weather patterns regarding winds would be my primary arguments. and I stand by my position, stating that the evidence presented to me for a flat earth was unconvincing.
Posted by whiteflame 10 months ago
whiteflame
*******************************************************************
>Reported vote: BrendanD19// Mod action: Removed<

7 points to Pro. Reasons for voting decision: The Con lacks logic, and used the Flat Earth Society as a source while the Pro used logic and facts not conspiracy nonsense.

[*Reason for removal*] (1) The voter doesn't explain conduct or S&G. The voter insufficiently explains arguments and sources, only nebulously examining the debate and failing to assess either side's arguments specifically.
************************************************************************
Posted by Edlvsjd 10 months ago
Edlvsjd
Is that you nasaboy?
Posted by Edlvsjd 10 months ago
Edlvsjd
Looks like I got another hater!
Posted by GoOrDin 10 months ago
GoOrDin
awesome debate. How do satellites fly?
Posted by Edlvsjd 10 months ago
Edlvsjd
I own 2 phones
Posted by Edlvsjd 10 months ago
Edlvsjd
You have to wait for the voting phase.
Posted by GoOrDin 10 months ago
GoOrDin
u need to own a phone.
Posted by Rhenium 10 months ago
Rhenium
How do I vote for someone.