Edlvsjd
Commondebator

The earth is an oblate spheroid

Commondebator has forfeited round #2.

Edlvsjd

Con

There is no irrefutable evidence for a spherical earth that I know of. There are very many reasons to consider a flat earth, and even a few that would suggest a concave earth. I don't know, I'm still on the fence. My opponent is convinced that the earth is a spinning ball, and has irrefutable evidence for this belief. For this to be true, two things must be proved: curvature and axial rotation.
Commondebator

Pro

I'm assuming first Round is acceptance,

I accept this debate.
Edlvsjd

Con

Please state you arguments
Posted by Edlvsjd 4 months ago
Edlvsjd
Hopefully my opponent is safe and sound. Challenge if you want. There is no good reason to believe the earth is a ball.
Posted by Edlvsjd 4 months ago
Edlvsjd
Oh no
Posted by Edlvsjd 4 months ago
Edlvsjd
Sorry, I've been on a much simpler debate site and persuade me debates are different. Thanks for waiving the last round. Good luck.
Posted by Edlvsjd 4 months ago
Edlvsjd
Posted by Commondebator 4 months ago
Commondebator
Alright, I wasn't aware that you wanted first round to be arguments. I'll happily waive the last round.
Posted by Edlvsjd 4 months ago
Edlvsjd
Then I've wasted a round, unless you waive the last round
Posted by Commondebator 4 months ago
Commondebator
I'm fully aware that you're position is that the Earth is not a not an oblate spheroid, but on the fence of it being flat or concave. Thus, the burden of proof is on me to prove that the Earth IS an oblate spheroid. Usually, first round is just acceptance.
Posted by Edlvsjd 4 months ago
Edlvsjd
My position is that the earth is not a ball, opponent should've stated evidence in r1
Posted by Edlvsjd 4 months ago
Edlvsjd
Logically, since it can be empirically and mathematically proved that the earth is not a ball that is 25,000 miles in circumference, then nothing can possibly be said to orbit it, refuting satellites.
Posted by Edlvsjd 4 months ago
Edlvsjd
For something that is taught to children sometimes before mathematics (1+1=2) and the alphabet, there should be irrefutable proof. Imagery is not proof of anything, I can pull up pictures and video of a 200 foot gorilla kidnapping white chicks and climbing buildings, would you consider that evidence?