GiantSpoonMan
zezima

The earth is flat...

GiantSpoonMan

GiantSpoonMan

Con

Hello, I saw this debate and I thought I would prove to you and anyone else who has this belief, that the earth is definitely not flat.

Please accept!
zezima

Pro

first of all I would like to say I don't think it is flat. I am just going to prove to you that you don't know if it is flat or not.

now, how do you know it is not flat? who told you? have you seen pictures?

pictures can easily be fake. this being said, you don't know if it is flat until you have seen it with your own eyes. assuming you haven't been in outer space.

people lie. you never know if the people who tell you it is not flat is lying.
GiantSpoonMan

Con

Thank you for the response!

I would like to start off my argument by saying that pictures and videos are not the reason that I believe that the earth is not flat. I agree that pictures can easily be faked and quite often are.

1. My first argument defending the shape of the earth is gravity. Gravity is why stars and planets always seem to come out round and not flat. The pull of gravity has the same strength in all directions( assuming the object in question has equally distributed mass). If every part of an object is being pulled on equally, the object will of course form a sphere because spheres have no angles. An example that you can try yourself is this, grab a chunk of clay which will represent earth. Now use your hands to represent gravity and roll the clay between your palms(attempt to give equal force everywhere on the chunk of clay). After about 30 seconds you will find that the clay has formed a ball in your hand. If your clay is flat you did not exert the same amount of force on all sides like gravity does.

2. earth has no edges. If you were to theoretically travel around the entire earth in a ship, you would never reach an edge. You can continuously travel around the earth but you will never know if your on the top, bottom, left, or right because the earth is a sphere.

3. Time zones. Differant areas of earth have differant time zones simply based on when the sun rises and sets. Time zones occur like this because earth is indeed a sphere, if the earth was flat time zones would clearly differ from what they are now.
zezima

Pro

zezima forfeited this round.
GiantSpoonMan

Con

winner by knockout... GGGGGGGIIIIIANNNNNTTTT SPPPOOOOON MAAAANNNNNNN!!!!!!
zezima

Pro

earth is flat. i saw my DAD on a boat and he went right off the edge.
GiantSpoonMan

Con

Undocumented personal experience with absolutely no proof has no weight in an argument. It sounds like your father just went off a waterfall.
zezima

Pro

zezima forfeited this round.
GiantSpoonMan

Con

"My name is young and for them dudes who don't know me, I know I'm from the west but I can teach you how to dougie."-Jesus Christ.
Vote Con
zezima

Pro

my dad did go off. you want to see proof? google naked men and you will see a picture of him falling into space
Posted by GiantSpoonMan 4 years ago
GiantSpoonMan
Hey man I was just messing around, don't take it to heart. You can call me a bad winner if you want but I'm just joking around because the debate is over.
Posted by PabloM 4 years ago
PabloM
GSM: You know, there's such a thing as a bad winner...
Vote Placed by Magic8000 4 years ago
Magic8000
GiantSpoonManzezimaTied
Reasons for voting decision: FF and zez is trolling