ksmash
oohcalah

The education system is failing creative learners.

ksmash

Pro

The education system is failing creative learners, they producing robots who regurgitate whatever they are fed in schools and colleges likewise. The world lacks innovation, and the education system is successfully suppressing it.
oohcalah

Con

The current education system is not as good as we would like it to be. That being said, creative learners are labeled as such because of their innovations and independence. The school system can't fail creative learners because creative learners will teach themselves. The school system can and does fail normal learners, but creative learners will find a way to learn by themselves.
ksmash

Pro

1) "The school system can't fail creative learners because creative learners will teach themselves". This claim is invalid

Tell that to any young artist looking for work. It's difficult to find employment without a recognized qualification, even those who posses a certification also find it hard to find employment despite having one. Use of creative thinking is discouraged and regurgitating "facts" is. The system measures intelligence based on our ability to memorize mostly useless material that I could quickly Google in the modern world. Imagine a job interview in which they ask me, "where did you learn your skills" and I reply, "I'm creative , I taught myself",good luck competing with a Harvard graduate on that.

When you say "normal" learners, are you referring to robot-like parrots who have been taught not to color outside the lines, not to be curious and those who just blindly obey without question, we have enough people like that already . The system is unfair because it will fail a learner for not being good at maths for example ,but you will find that the learner might be excellent in dancing ,singing or drama but not credited, only the rich who can afford to go to art schools. The current system is not working because it teaches us that creative , artistic learners are stupid because they simply cannot solve for x or struggles to repeat what's written in a book someone wrote.
oohcalah

Con

oohcalah forfeited this round.
ksmash

Pro

ksmash forfeited this round.
oohcalah

Con

oohcalah forfeited this round.
Posted by ZacGraphics 1 year ago
ZacGraphics
Thank you! *slaps hands on table*

I feel imprisoned while in school. I feel forced to draw inside the lines, per say. I'm doing absolutely awful in school currently, but that may just be because of my metal disabilities. However, I hate the type of work assigned. Personally, it just feels restraining, and some of it feels unnecessary. I'm known to be a creative guy by my friends, and you'd think someone creative would do well in public schooling, not really. Creativity doesn't help me whatsoever, because their is minimum creativity required for public schooling, and it becomes routine.

Good luck to both Pro and Con, Con being whoever accepts this debate.