Dkice4
stiffmiceter

The effect of the Paris attacks is European nationalism

Started: 11/16/2015 Category: News

Dkice4

Pro

The first round is acceptance.
stiffmiceter

Con

its not just european nationalism thats is the effect it has an effect all over not just europe some countries may/already have closed their borders or thought about closing them. i mean if they are attacking paris then where to next if the fail to succeed or if they do succeed there going to attack more heavily populated areas seeing as it a larger ratio of death/damage to the reputation of themselves or there country. it effects everyone especially paris since it is a heavily tourist attraction more than anywhere.
Dkice4

Pro

First, I specifically made the first round to solely be acceptance. Second, the object of your argument is to tell me why you think that Europe will NOT see a rise in nationalism. Therefore, I will start my debate with a statement of condolence to the victims of the attacks in Paris. That being said, I firmly believe that the result of the Paris attacks will be a rise in European nationalism. Following World War 2, many, if not all, European nations experienced a sharp decline in nationalism. This was due to the stigma of Nazism (predominately) throughout Europe. Thus, the European Union was born. However, in recent years, due to the mass migration of so called "immigrants" from non-European nations, there has been a very high rise in the sense of independent European identities. There was nearly a 10% decrease in the amount of people wanting to stay in the EU ,according to a Ipsos MORI poll, in Britain this October. Germany has seen a large amount of protests over the immigration policies of Merkel, most notably in Dresden. Following the Paris attacks, of course, the debate of the Syrian "refugee" crisis has become the main issue. The first thing France did when Paris was attacked, was close the borders. That is just a small example of what many in Europe will do, due to a rise in a need to preserve their national identities.
stiffmiceter

Con

stiffmiceter forfeited this round.
Dkice4

Pro

I realize that my opponent has probably forgotten about this debate, as did I. Therefore I will post no further argument, and possibly await his rebuttal.
stiffmiceter

Con

stiffmiceter forfeited this round.
Posted by Dkice4 1 year ago
Dkice4
I apologize. The title should read, "The effect of the Paris attack is a RISE in European nationalism."
Posted by Kvasir 1 year ago
Kvasir
Increase- or decline of nationalism?
Posted by KingofEverything 1 year ago
KingofEverything
Specify the resolution.