marvva
Imperfiect

The egg came before the chicken

Started: 11/3/2014 Category: Funny

marvva

Pro

Of course the egg came before the chicken. The way I see it, before the chicken there was a genetically similar animal. The not-a-chicken-but-something-similar then evolved and adapted inside the embryo to become a chicken. When the not-a-chicken-but-something-similar laid all the eggs this chicken egg was different and that, my friends, is why the egg is before the chicken.
Imperfiect

Con

Pro assumes that all chickens come from eggs. If the genetically similar ancestor gave live births and a chicken happened to come out this entire theory falls apart.

If the egg is defined as a chicken egg, it definitively came after the chicken as to be a chicken egg it must have been laid by a hen (which is called 'chicken' as a slang term referring to the meat that comes from it).

Pro actually said it was a chicken egg towards the end of round . A chicken egg has to be laid by a chicken, this is the way it's identified to begin with.
marvva

Pro

Con assumes that animals can have both live and egg births. The pro argument states that an animal which lays eggs has a mutated egg which makes the offspring more like a chicken. I don't think i made it clear enough but I mean that this adaptation does not happen at once. And also, just to clarify, these mutations happen inside the egg therefore the egg came before the chicken
Imperfiect

Con

Imperfiect forfeited this round.
marvva

Pro

marvva forfeited this round.
Imperfiect

Con

Imperfiect forfeited this round.
Posted by sammychrysler 2 years ago
sammychrysler
I agree i think the egg came before the chicken from some sort of chicken like animal and then it started
Posted by Zeno2014 2 years ago
Zeno2014
Zeno here again,
The way I see it a chicken can only come after a chicken egg. So as Pro explained, the something-similar-but-not-exactly-a-chicken laid an egg that is genetically different from that of a regular egg of that species. This new egg was the chicken egg, hence the egg came before the chicken. But I also understand how Con thinks, but I still believe that the egg came before the chicken.

Thanks for reading Zeno!
Posted by Surrealism 2 years ago
Surrealism
Apparently no one has realized that dinosaurs laid eggs long before chickens even existed.
Posted by BblackkBbirdd 2 years ago
BblackkBbirdd
Richard Dawkins posed the answer to this question that neither came first (and there was no first chicken) since the process of evolution is so gradual that there was no definitive point when a pseudo chickens became chickens/ when a pseudo chicken laid the egg which hatched into the 'first' chicken.