The electoral college should be removed and popular votes should determine the presidency

The Electoral College should be removed.

1. Introduction
it was orginally invented during the Revolutionary Era of this country. It was invented because we did not have easy communication between the colonies then. Now, we have easier communication.

2. The Electoral College is unfair.
This is shown through the 2000 Presidential Election: George W. Bush vs. Albert Gore. Al Gore recieved a fair amount of votes more than Bush, yet Bush still won becuase he had more elctoral votes.

1. Please no inapropriate or rude comments, I'm a new member to this website and I'm still adapting to how debating here works.
2. Please support your facts with evidence- I do not want to debate opinions.

It needs to be removed because you know they do not vote fair. It should be our votes that count! The peoples vote doesn't even really count.

YES! That is my point. (I should have gone pro for this) Besides, the electoral votes are unequally distributed!

I'm not really sure what you are debating this for since you are for keeping the electoral college. It is VERY unfair from just looking at the Electoral College Map. California, for example, 55 electoral votes? Texas, 38 electoral votes? Florida 29? New York, 29? HELLO... Who ever these states vote for, that will be the president!
Why even vote? Our vote really doesn't even count.

im not for keeping the elctoral college, im for getting ris of it

Ok? Then why are you against it getting removed? That means that you want the college to still function. I believe I won this debate since you now say that you are with me on it. I say, it gets removed!
Posted by Azul145 3 years ago
Yes he should. What an idiot!
Posted by lannan13 3 years ago
you should be pro on this...
Vote Placed by baseballkid 3 years ago
Reasons for voting decision: Matt_u i hope this was a learning experience