Gondun
LaughingRiddle

The existence of God cannot be proven nor disproven through the means available on this website

Gondun

Pro

Ok, I have been seeing a lot of debates about whether or not god exists lately and they have started to annoy me. I believe that it is impossible to prove or disprove the existence of a god on this website. As con, you job would be to either prove or disprove god, whichever one you prefer. As you will be the one making the positive claim, the burden of proof will be on you. Feel free to begin your arguments in the first round.
LaughingRiddle

Con

Ok, I'm not sure I can define prove or impossibility. But I'll start with this, the 'idea' or 'conception' of god is something that cannot be tested. And therefore cannot be proven to exist... ever. Therefore god either will always be unproven or doesn't exist, and can never be proven but only disproven. Does this work?
Gondun

Pro

Gondun forfeited this round.
LaughingRiddle

Con

LaughingRiddle forfeited this round.
Gondun

Pro

Gondun forfeited this round.
LaughingRiddle

Con

LaughingRiddle forfeited this round.
Posted by PrinceOfPlease 4 years ago
PrinceOfPlease
You can't prove or disprove the existence of ANY god, but you can prove or disprove the issue of a SPECIFIC god. Gods or religions are easy enough in this way, because religious doctrines and holy texts attributed to them set up qualities to those gods. And if those qualities can be disproven, so can those gods.
Posted by Sauh 4 years ago
Sauh
If you changed the resolution you posted on the first round bake to the title at large, I might take you up on this. I can't prove or disprove god, but I might be able to argue it was possible for someone to prove or disprove god on this website.
Posted by Risen 4 years ago
Risen
I'm actually going to agree that you can not PROVE or DISPROVE the existence of god conclusively on this site. I am going to vote on this later.
Posted by Carnuntum 4 years ago
Carnuntum
This won't be much of a debate. It IS impossible to prove or disprove the existence of God. You can provide some evidence either way; however, it will always be inconclusive.