Truce_JTTM
fixedwounds

The existence or absence of a god or creator of the universe is irrelevant to mankind.

Truce_JTTM

Pro

The existence of a 'god' or creator of the universe is impossible to proove and impossible to disprove therefore it is irrelevant to us as a species.
fixedwounds

Con

Okay, so saying that God does not exist does not make sense at all. What could you say about the creation of babies, water, air, soil, the brain, human body, animals... the list could go on and on. Do you just think that Earth and the other SEVEN planets were just there the whole time as long as we can could? from the tiniest creatures to the largest of them, they were all created by Allah. There is no argument about this, because even this argument can not continue without the approval of the one and only God.
Truce_JTTM

Pro

I'd first like to start with saying I do not consider myself an atheists, neither do I consider myself a theist. I would probably say I am closest to agnostic but I am not entirely sure.

As science progresses we find more and more answers to the mysterys of how the universe works. The mysteries that would have, before science, been regarded as the work god. As this continues the argument for the existence of a God or creator of the universe seems to get smaller and smaller and our knowledge of science gets larger and larger.

However, there is no definite destination for scientific discovery so the possibilies are seemingly infinite. More knowledge leads to more questions.

With this in mind I have concluded that there will in fact always be a plausible explanation for the existence and and absence of a god/ creature and because of this the outcome becomes impossible to determine and therefore becomes irrelevant to us as a species.
fixedwounds

Con

I would definitely would suggest that you read "theory of probability" in this website.
http://www.islam101.com...
.
All those scientific reasons were mentioned in the Quran, which was sent by Allah (God). Which obviously proves that God exists.
Truce_JTTM

Pro

Truce_JTTM forfeited this round.
fixedwounds

Con

fixedwounds forfeited this round.
Truce_JTTM

Pro

Truce_JTTM forfeited this round.
fixedwounds

Con

wow never expected for both of us to forfeit the third round, but here I am.
Look, everyone follows a religion and not following a religion and all true religions believe in a God (Allah). And not following a religion will make you feel lost and most of your questions wont have answers even when you think that science has all the answers for your question, but they will never provide you of full answers because God has all the answers.
Truce_JTTM

Pro

Truce_JTTM forfeited this round.
fixedwounds

Con

fixedwounds forfeited this round.
Posted by Heirio 11 months ago
Heirio
"I know your type, you never want to open your mind and try to think about it"

I like how your counter argument is: "You're just closed minded!"; you don't provide any meaningful counter to me at all.
I find it annoying how, when I don't share another person's beliefs, they sometimes call me "closed minded". Do they even know what that means?

The definition is: not willing to consider different ideas or opinions.

You can consider something but then reject it.

"you just saw how cool atheists are on the internet and you decided to be one."

1. Nice counter argument mate, really convincing.
2. I became an atheist because there is absolutely no evidence for theism. At all. You have old, sometimes violent books. Nothing else. No evidence to back you up.
2. You don't decide to believe something. If you are to believe something, you are to be convinced that the something is true. I don't believe in any God, because I've never been convinced that any God exists. That's not a choice.

"I'm not hating on your beliefs (if you have any..)"

I'm glad you actually know what atheism is.
It's just a shame you don't know that belief isn't a conscious decision.

"but, you have to read about it and think a little,"

I did read about it and I thought... a lot.
That's what made me an atheist, actually.
I think you're the one who needs to read some stuff, actually, since you believe that "babies, water, air, soil, the brain, human body, animals" are impossible without God, which is ridiculous.

"what if you're wrong"

Pascals wager? Seriously?
There is absolutely no evidence for your religion being the right one. None at all.

"before it's too late, before judgment day arrives."

Ominous.
But what evidence do you have this judgement day will even occur?
Posted by fixedwounds 11 months ago
fixedwounds
@Heirio
I know your type, you never want to open your mind and try to think about it, you just saw how cool atheists are on the internet and you decided to be one. I'm not hating on your beliefs (if you have any..) but, you have to read about it and think a little, what if you're wrong... before it's too late, before judgment day arrives.
Posted by Heirio 12 months ago
Heirio
"Look, everyone follows a religion and not following a religion and all true religions believe in a God (Allah)."

The first half of this doesn't make sense.

"And not following a religion will make you feel lost"

Not true at all. I'm not religious and I'm fine.
I suggest you stop lying.

Moreover, I suggest you don't call people lost.
You don't even know how babies are made dude.

"and most of your questions wont have answers"

That's because science doesn't have all the answers. But the answers it does have are very accurate.

"even when you think that science has all the answers for your question, but they will never provide you of full answers because God has all the answers."

A claim, nothing more.
Where does your Quran mention quasi-particles? And quark-gluon plasma? And Electroweak interaction?

Seriously though, you should stop claiming you have all the answers if you don't even know where babies come from.

@fixedwounds
Posted by skipsaweirdo 1 year ago
skipsaweirdo
Wait here. I'm gonna poll the relevant number of humans to determine what they deem irrelevant. It shouldn't take long, I Just need some time to talk to 5 billion people.
Posted by vi_spex 1 year ago
vi_spex
right here guys
Posted by Heirio 1 year ago
Heirio
"Okay, so saying that God does not exist does not make sense at all."

It's a fairly logical assumption, but the claim has its flaws. However, the claim that God does exist is not at all logical and has many more flaws.

"What could you say about the creation of babies"

So you're saying that a sperm couldn't penetrate an egg cell without God?
Dude, we learn about how babies are made when we're like twelve. The explanation involved no deity.

"water"

Method to creating water: Get hydrogen, add oxygen, burn.
You're saying that this process requires a God.
Why?

"air"

A mixture of many elements, such as nitrogen, oxygen, carbon dioxide and other gases.
These were formed via either the Big Bang (such is the case for things like helium and hydrogen) or by nuclear fusion in stars (such is the case for heavier elements).
We learned this in school.

"soil"

Definition of soil: the upper layer of earth in which plants grow, a black or dark brown material typically consisting of a mixture of organic remains, clay, and rock particles.
Why does a mixture of organic remains, clay and rock particles require a God to exist?

"the brain, human body, animals..."

Evolution.
Yet again, it's a topic covered in school.

"the list could go on and on."

I'm sure that these things can be easily explained without God, as your other examples can be.

"Do you just think that Earth and the other SEVEN planets were just there the whole time as long as we can could?"

They formed when the solar system formed. Dust and gas collected and formed large bodies via the force of gravity.
Yet again, a school subject.

"from the tiniest creatures to the largest of them, they were all created by Allah."

No proof.

"There is no argument about this, because even this argument can not continue without the approval of the one and only God."

No proof the bloke exists mate. None at all.