Ninja4Butoku
Afterdark

The fable of Noah's Ark is fiction.

Ninja4Butoku

Pro

I signed up recently and am new to the operations of this website. The question is something I was recently intrigued by and would like to debate it with another person to learn more.
Afterdark

Con

From one newcomer to another, I look forward to the challenge.
Two points I'd like to clear up before we begin:

1. As it's impossible to definitively prove whether the Biblical flood narrative did happen, I will instead venture to prove that it could have happened. "Could," in this case, meaning "plausible within reason." I think that's fair enough.

2. I do, in fact, happen to believe that the supernatural elements in the story are valid. However, I recognize that "because God" is not a very good argument unless we have previously established whether "God" exists (which is a debate for another time). Therefore, I'll do my best to offer more "reasonable" alternatives to the supernatural explanations and cite my sources where applicable. I will likely lose the debate solely on this point (agreeing to disagree and all that), but I could use the mental exercise nonetheless.

First argument to you, Pro.
Ninja4Butoku

Pro

Ninja4Butoku forfeited this round.
Afterdark

Con

It appears that my opponent has left the building...
Ninja4Butoku

Pro

Ninja4Butoku forfeited this round.
Afterdark

Con

Pro does not eppear to have any intentions of continuing this debate.
Ninja4Butoku

Pro

Ninja4Butoku forfeited this round.
Afterdark

Con

The end, I guess.
Posted by Elord 2 years ago
Elord
Easy, the moral is everyone who doesn't respect God is killed in a mass genocide.
Posted by Molzahn 2 years ago
Molzahn
A fable necessarily describes a moral lesson. What do you perceive to be the moral lesson of Noah and the ark?
Posted by SamTyson 2 years ago
SamTyson
I am a Christian, and I don't think this was real. I think it was simply a story to teach a moral. However, given the strange number of flood stories in ancient (as in more than 1000 years ago) cultures, there is the chance that there was some global flood, or year of lots of rain.