Yuting
m8

The failure of the League of Nations lay in its constitution!

Yuting

Con

The failure of the League of Nation was a massive ideological leap of faith, it suggested of sloving disputes not by private agreements and by force, but by the rule of law, by the collective negotiation of the parties or countries. So the League of Nations was a great idea but it needs time.
m8

Pro

As I read it, my opponent's burden is to prove that the failure of the League lay solely or at the least mostly in its solving agreements by negotiations rather than force.

As such, my burden is to prove that the other reasons that the League fell are more important reasons for the League's failure.

~~~

As my opponent has used his first round for opening arguments, I will do the same.

The League failed for numerous reasons besides its method of solving problems with negotiations rather than force.
This is in itself flawed, because while it largely solved problems with negotiations, the League also had the ability to enact sanctions against countries that broke its orders and went against its wishes.

The other reasons, not necessarily in order of importance, are now to be listed.

1. In the League of Nations, decisions had to be unanimous, but the members were not able to agree upon various issues, allowing it to get nothing done.

1. A very large reason for the League failing was the refusal of the United States to join into it. Without America, Britain and France were unable to keep the entire Earth at peace on their own.

1. Once the Depression set in, nations were less trying to prevent a World War, and more trying to rebuild and protect their own respective economies.

1. Past failures also held it down. As a result of all of these problems with the League, it failed to get anything done. Each successive time it failed, less people respected it, giving its already weak sanctions less bite than they had.

1. Also, while the League could push around smaller countries, it couldn't stop larger nations like Italy, Japan, and Germany from doing whatever they wanted because they were just massive.
Yuting

Con

Yuting forfeited this round.
m8

Pro

You bring up some good points.
Yuting

Con

Yuting forfeited this round.
m8

Pro

Does this happen often when you debate purple circles?
Yuting

Con

Yuting forfeited this round.
m8

Pro

Another point:

While jet fuel cannot burn steel beams because steel can't melt at 1800 degrees, it loses about 90% of its stability and form. You have failed to support your burden of proof to prove that Bush did 9-11.

I mean extend.
Yuting

Con

Yuting forfeited this round.
m8

Pro

m8 forfeited this round.
Posted by m8 2 years ago
m8
Oops. Forfeited the last round, not that this is many more than my opponent.
Posted by m8 2 years ago
m8
I look forward to new points by my opponent that disprove Skellington Man's existence.
Posted by m8 2 years ago
m8
Reading back over it, 'solving agreements' is worded so poorly that it actually inflicts pain on me to read it.
Posted by m8 2 years ago
m8
Alternatively, feel free to FF.
Posted by m8 2 years ago
m8
I don't want to win by my opponent FF'ing, so here's an email reminder if you get emails when a comment is posted on your debates.