The fantasy relationship of 'Helsa' will never happen.

Started: 4/19/2015 Category: Movies

The relationship that the Frozen fandom has created called "Helsa" will never occur. Hans' plan from the beginning was to fall in love with Elsa, marry her, and become king. However that couldn't work, so instead he fell in love with Anna and later left her to die and went on to kill Elsa. Helsa will never be a reality because Hans never had any good intentions, committed attempted murder on the both of them, and it's a stupid 'ship' people have created.

First and foremost, I find it highly impossible that Hans can even feel love. I think, from the evidence from the movie, that Hans is a psychopath. This is probably due to the fact that he had 12 older brothers, and was therefore likely emotionally neglected, and possibly physically abused by his older brothers. The mental strain of being royalty likely also contributed. Hans is also charming and understanding, but through his interactions with Anna we can see an ability to manipulate people and a general lack of consideration for human life/feelings. Basically, give this man a knife and even more of a lack of accountability, and we have Disney's Dexter (he even has the red hair).

So, if he was a psychopath, he cannot feel human emotions and therefore cannot fall in love. But, one does not need to love someone to fulfill a ship, they must only enter a romantic arrangement.

During the time and location Frozen is based off of, marriage wasn't an institution to fulfill romantic endeavors. It was largely a power play, as Hans had intended. It is said that Hans couldn't marry Elsa, but I don't know if this is true. Elsa, who had just inherited a large amount of power and responsibility, while losing the parents that served as her only social interaction for a number of her formative years, could easily have been feeling lost and powerless. It is easy to imagine that Elsa would submit to social pressure to marry, especially to the son of the Duke of Weaseltown, Arrendelle's key trading partner. This does theory does manage a slight reimagining of characters, but that is exactly what a head cannon is.

I do not personally ship Helsa. I don't think that it would be a healthy relationship, nor do I think any healthy relationship is possible involving Hans, but to say that is impossible is unfounded.

You are pro. You must show the premise is true beyond a doubt, and it is my job to refute your arguments, or to substitute them with my own, as I feel I have just done.

animateddisney forfeited this round.
Posted by Phenenas 1 year ago
I would very much like to have a debate about Frozen or another Disney movie, but I can't find a way to defend Helsa.
Posted by Ragnar 1 year ago
Disney doesn't tend to have villains marry their princesses, so of course it won't happen (at least not in canon).