The fashion industry should be banned
Debate Rounds (3)
1) It could be harmful for people's health. So, everyone know the new idol of beauty: it is a very skinny and tall woman. And there are a lot of pictures with such models, which we could see everywhere. These models are idols for young girls and they try to look like them. They try to lose weight to seem like models, that's why they go on different diets, which could be found in the Internet. Unfortunately, this diets influences badly on people's health. These diets causes problems with stomach and some dangerous diseases like anorexia and bulimia. It happens so, because many young girls couldn't lose their weight and become so skinny because of the nature. But they want it so badly, that's why they start to search for strict methods like giving up of food at all or other. According to Russian scientists ' research, nearly 10.000 people die because of these two diseases every year. So, the fashion industry gives us an idol and the consequences of it are terrible.
2) It is a huge emotional stress for models. And there are a lot of examples. Firstly, conditions during the work could be terrible. During the fashion shows the size of clothes and shoes could be improper. It could be the cause for model's being nervous. Secondly, there is a great competition between models to get a job. And if someone couldn't get it, this person could fall into a deep depression and start to thing, that he/she is not so beautiful, attractive or skinny. So, fashion industry could be very harmful of it's workers because of the huge number of nervous situations.
3) Fashion industry pushes people into a special frames. So many people wear almost the same clothes, because it is fashionable. They start to lose their own style, they spend a lot of money on new clothes, on very expensive brands. And some people could even be discriminated because of their clothes if they don't follow the fashion. Fashion industry suggests an idea that appearance is the most important thing. And nowadays there are a huge number of people which are beautiful outside and terrible inside. So, because of the fashion industry people lose their individuality.
And in conclusion I would like to add, that if the fashion industry is banned, people will focus their attention on more important things, the first impression wouldn't been made by the clothes. And all the people will have their own individuality.
1) It's history. It has been created so many years ago, our granparents were discoverers in this sphere, so many historical events happened at that time. And I don't think it is good to ban some part of our history.
2) Secondly, it is way to realize yourself, to show your identity, your personality, may be somebody will find friends on fashion shows or something like that. Fashion industry helps you to find your own style. Because for some people it is really hard to wear good clothes and be i trend. By clothes also you can show your inner world, who you are.
3) And of course it is money. Money always inspires. For many people fashion industry is a job, both models and designers. So they cannot earn money by other way. Therefore it is impossible to ban their work
In conclusion, I partly agree that fashion industry brings some bad, but there are more advantages, so I think it is better to keep it.
1) It isn't a big problem to ban some part of our history. Because today is modern century and there are a lot of things, which humanity left in the past. For example: some traditions such as bringing the person in a victim to the God or public death penalty; some things from our usual life such as video tapes and etc. Moreover, the fashion industry doesn't take a huge part of our history, because according to research, it began only in 13 century in France.
2) But fashion industry pushes people into the special frames. It force people to by clothes with particular color because it is fashionable in this season. And all the brands have almost the same clothes. But if some person doesn't follow the trends, he or she could be even discriminated by society. And, finally, will those 'friends' be real, if they judge you because of the clothes and fashion?
3) The salary of the most numbers of models isn't so high, as you thing. For example, I worked as a model in Kazakhstan, and the salary of one fashion show (it usually takes almost the whole day, conditions are not so good, models are not allowed to Set, to eat or to relax) nearly 10.000 tg. And it isn't a regular job. Today you can earn a lot of money, but then you could stay without job at all. Moreover, sometimes prises in the fashion industry are amoral. For example, there are so many designers, which create a really simple clothes, but the cost of it is unreally high. Do you know Louis Vuitton brand? A simple scarf made from cashmere costs nearly 1000$. So, fashion industry is just a waste of money.
Aigerimaa forfeited this round.
YanaMolchanova forfeited this round.
Aigerimaa forfeited this round.
No votes have been placed for this debate.
You are not eligible to vote on this debate
This debate has been configured to only allow voters who meet the requirements set by the debaters. This debate either has an Elo score requirement or is to be voted on by a select panel of judges.