The father should have a say in whether or not the mother keeps the baby

Round one: acceptance
Round two: arguments
Round three: rebuttals

Good luck.

BehindYou forfeited this round.

dawndawndawndawn forfeited this round.

BehindYou forfeited this round.

dawndawndawndawn forfeited this round.
Posted by dawndawndawndawn 2 years ago
how did that happen so quickly??????

It hasn't even been 24 hours!
Posted by Pfalcon1318 2 years ago
@EthicsPhilosopher, who are you to tell him what to do when he takes pictures? If he wants to take a shirtless selfie and use it as a profile pic, it's his right. by the way, your sexuality has nothing to do with how you view other people's bodies.

Again, his profile, he can do what he wants. Don't look at the picture.

The only reason i am even taking the time to respond is that i get tired of people trying to ask other's to dress a certain way or take certain kinds of pictures over the internet. I don't like seeing every single girls cleavage on facebook, but i don't make it a point to say anything. It's their profile, they can post what they want; generally shirtless photos can't be taken down due to obscenity.

BTW @BehindYou, i know you don't need me to defend you, i just get really tired of idiotic comments like that one..
Posted by Pfalcon1318 2 years ago
Very few people will argue that a man has any legal means to have his voice heard, and taken heavily into account, when it comes to abortion, or have has a moral right to do so. Now, maybe if you were to debate whether a man is morally allowed to make the decision to be a father willingly (as in surrender paternal rights and responsibilities) post-coitus as women do, i would gladly debate that. (Her body, her choice, her responsibility)

Pro-choicers would not argue for forced abortion, though even moderate pro-lifers would argue that she made her choice when she decided to have sex, as people say about men (the old "he should have kept it in his pants" thing, applied to women "should have kept her pants on") and shouldn't be allowed an abortion.
Posted by EthicsPhilosopher 2 years ago
I just need to say something before I say anything else...

Please. If you are going to take a selfie, put a shirt on..

b.t.w, before anyone asks, no, I am not a lesbien..

I just dont really give a crap about if some guy I dont even know, on a debate website, has a 6 pack.

Posted by kbub 2 years ago
Dear god no.
Posted by RoeRoeRoeYourVote 2 years ago
I'm kind of ignorant in this particular debate subject, but I don't think that would be right. You're forcing a straining nine-month condition upon someone else against their will. The UN actually considers forced pregnancy a crime against humanity. I think a father should not be legally forced into parenthood, and if he wants a baby and the mother doesn't, adoption is always an option. Nobody has a right to cruelly, inconsiderately infringe on someone else's bodily integrity like that.
Posted by BehindYou 2 years ago
Posted by SkepticalStardust 2 years ago
By "should have a say", do you mean that the father, if able, should have to give consent before an abortion takes place?
Posted by Ragnar 2 years ago
Define A.
Vote Placed by Relativist 2 years ago
Reasons for voting decision: Both forfeit.