YeshuaIsTheOneTrueGod
Pest

The fetus is a baby with rights.

Pest

YeshuaIsTheOneTrueGod

Pro

Let's rock!
Pest

Con

I'm gonna' be honest with you, I just wanted to pick a fight with someone. I'm not even really sure I ethically or morally agree with the side I've chosen to defend, but like, y'know, whatever. I also realized I was feeling kind of lazy only after accepting this debate so I didn't even take the time to look at your profile to see what your other debates were like or how serious a contender you are but all the same. I'm better. No matter.

Okay... What am I even debating again? Allow me a moment to shift my eyes upward and...

Ugh, good one, Pest... F'n good one. What kind of fancy f'n situation have I gotten myself into this time I wonder?

Alrighty, ahem.

Since you so eloquently started off the debate with... I don't remember. Smelling what the Rock is cooking or something.

Then I will just make it easy on myself and go ahead on to say...

No.

No it's not. A fetus is not a baby with rights because... Pfft, what do I wanna' go with...

Okay, what if the fetus is in the womb of a North Korean woman? I mean, even born... Hell, grown adults don't have 'righst' in North Korea and so in that scenario, no, a fetus wouldn't have rights, would it?

And besides, what kind of rights are we talking about here specifically? Like what, constitutional rights in the U.S? Are you saying the fetus should have the right to bare arms? Or do you mean religious rights? The fetus has the right to eat Jesus crackers and drink wine during communion?

No siree. Drinking age is 21 in the U.S. And you're unlikely to find many countries where it drops below 16. So minus 6 months years old? Good luck finding a country THAT free.

No matter which way you cut it (pun intended) and even if I chose to keep my smartas* instincts at bay, the fetus doesn't even have the human right to life, liberty or personal security and for why? Whether you or I or anyone; even the woman carrying the fetus; choose to let it live or send it back to God, no matter what any of us determine on our opinions of the grounds of fetuses having rights, the fetus itself made no decision any how.

For instance; it's all fine and well when the topis is discussed this way, but just so much as people argue that a fetus is a living being already and deserves a chance to live and those who defend this side speak on behalf of it because it doesn't have a voice of it's own... Lets be honest. IF that viewpoint is to be defended, why doesn't anyone argue for the off-chance of maybe the baby fetus doesn't want to be born? And so if we bring it into this world; well..... That's where you get those emo kids who yell at their moms; "I didn't even ask to be born!"

And so there you have it.

The fetus is not a baby with rights, no matter how you cut it. On all accounts, you're wrong sir.

How does it feel to be wrong with an argument I literally just pulled outta' my as*?
YeshuaIsTheOneTrueGod

Pro

I will argue my own case. I am genetically identical to how I was as a fetus. As a fetus, I possed a seperate genetic code from my mother, I possed nerve endings which would make abortion very traumatic, and 12 weeks after conception, I possessed brainwaves. My conception could have been prevented with contraception. What about my right to choose?
Pest

Con

Okay, obviously my first round was wayyy over your head ol' buddy my pal. You literally did not respond to anything I said, nor did you even comprehend it because if you had you would have seen that your cute little debate response was already thrown into question before you even made it by my having destroyed that point of view before it was even made.

What you said is... Rational enough? At best...

But it doesn't contradict nor raise any proper debate as to what I said. In fact; in kind of seems like you said to hell with what I said and this whole debate proposal was really just a guise for you to give your opinion.

Opinion is not fact. Even if I were readily willing to agree with what you said, it would only be my opinion also. But you, nor I can prove any of that.

Fact of the matter is you countered my argument with an opinion and ignored all prior points made.

If you'd like me to entertain what you said anyhow; then okay. But it's really just a rendition of what I already said.

Irregardless of what you as a fetus may or may not have wanted; you wouldn't have had the right to choose, would you? Somebody on the outside agreed or disagreed to your coming into this world and no matter what that choice may have ended up being, you wouldn't have chosen it, would you have? Therefore it's not your right, not until you are capable of reasoning to that extent with those in the outside world and communicating what you feel. Because what if you as a fetus didn't want to be brought into this world? Then somebody rains on your parade and decides you have a right to life anyway and so you're are birthed; what happened to your right to decide you didn't want to?

You didn't have one because you weren't capable of making that decision and somebody else decided what was right for you, but it surely wasn't you. A fetus has no rights. Sad but true.
YeshuaIsTheOneTrueGod

Pro

You have failed to disprove anything I said, and I always state my case before addressing what people say. Study the development of the baby before and after birth.
Pest

Con

Good point...

But I might add that this is a silly time for either of us taking the time out to study anything. I could be crazy... I seriously very well might be but if I had to guess I'd think that a certain amount of education should already have been had before entering into this debate. Telling someone to go study... That is just school yard bicker because you have a lack of better argument.

I've not proven nor dis-proven anything you said, you're right, and I said as much twice over prior to my current response now. But what you have good sir is one opinion. I can't disprove your opinion anymore than you can prove God exists. That is just a matter of person opinion. I asked plenty of relevant questions. If that doesn't satisfy you or those who vote then... Well nothing new, I'll just continue to lose faith in humanity more-so than I already have.

Long story short; the topic you're debating is whether or not a fetus is a baby with rights and so that is what I argued relevantly. All you have done the past couple rounds is say... Nothing worthwhile basically.

I bid adieu.
YeshuaIsTheOneTrueGod

Pro

Let me end by saying what the fetus goes through during an abortion. During a suction abortion, the baby has her arms and legs ripped off. The pieces are thrown away like thrash. In a late term abortion is stabbed in the heart with a needle with poison, then she dies of a heart attack. What about her right to choose?
Pest

Con

And I will end by saying that I am not disagreeing that it can be a horrible, ugly and gruesome thing. I never once said I agreed with it, nor did I ever attempt to give off that impression. What you're doing I believe is trying to make a last ditch effort at gaining sympathy points by laying out some grizzly details in what comes with employing those methods of abortion and while I wouldn't even necessarily disagree with you I need to say this to wrap it up;

This was never a debate about the merits of abortion itself. Put simply, you asked if a fetus was a baby with rights, not if abortion was cruel. I believe I stated my case clearly and coherently. Better luck next time 'bud.
Posted by Masterful 8 months ago
Masterful
-MY VOTE. SUPPLEMENTARY EVIDENCE AS TO WHY CON WON-

Not a lot to analyse, but Con's points were not answered by Pro.

What if the baby was born in North Korea?
Pro doesn"t specify which rights and doesn"t explain how a fetus has the right to bear arms.

Pro fails to explain how having brain waves gives them the right to live. There is no depth to that argument. Flies have brain waves.
______________________________________________

Pro loses a point on conduct for saying,

"You have failed to disprove anything I said, and I always state my case before addressing what people say. Study the development of the baby before and after birth."

Here he said that he was going to give his case then address what other people say. He did not address what Con said and therefore lied to us!

He lost a point due to lying.
Posted by BryanMullinsNOCHRISTMAS2 8 months ago
BryanMullinsNOCHRISTMAS2
Pfft hahahahahahahahahahahahaa
Vote Placed by BryanMullinsNOCHRISTMAS2 7 months ago
BryanMullinsNOCHRISTMAS2
YeshuaIsTheOneTrueGodPestTied
Reasons for voting decision: Just like Masterful said, "Not a lot to analyse, but Con's points were not answered by Pro. What if the baby was born in North Korea? Pro doesn"t specify which rights and doesn"t explain how a fetus has the right to bear arms. Pro fails to explain how having brain waves gives them the right to live. There is no depth to that argument. Flies have brain waves. ______________________________________________ Pro loses a point on conduct for saying, "You have failed to disprove anything I said, and I always state my case before addressing what people say. Study the development of the baby before and after birth." Here he said that he was going to give his case then address what other people say. He did not address what Con said and therefore lied to us! He lost a point due to lying." So, Con by default!
Vote Placed by Masterful 8 months ago
Masterful
YeshuaIsTheOneTrueGodPestTied
Reasons for voting decision: comments section