wjmelements
faraecho

The following arguments against the existence of God are valid.

wjmelements

wjmelements

Con

I do hope that my opponent accepts this debate.

God is defined as a incoercible, omniconscious, omnipotent, omnipresent, and omniscient creator of the universe.

omnipotent- able to do absolutely anything, even the logically impossible
omnipresent- being present everywhere
omniscient- knowing everything that can be known
omniconscious- fully aware of and sensitive to everything
incoercible- not able to be controlled, dominated, or compelled

My opponent will present 1-5 separate arguments against the aforementioned God's existence, and they will be discussed in rounds 2-4.

Existence- the state or fact of existing http://dictionary.reference.com...
Valid- so constructed that if the premises are jointly asserted, the conclusion cannot be denied without contradiction. http://dictionary.reference.com...
faraecho

Pro

Okay. So I cannot contradict you by saying that there is no such thing as any kind of a deity? Fine. I will warn you that it will take me awhile to post arguments if you want me to use good grammar skills because I can't figure out why my keyboard is a something-or-other. Okay I'm confused. My vocabulary isn't that good. I can contradict you by saying that there is no 'God' of any kind? D*mnit! I cannot read! No! I give up! I surrender! I will not partake in any kind of a debate where I have to say that there is some kind of a 'God' anywhere!

I'll try anyway. Do you mind if I type down my thinks? (Dr. Seuss vocabulary counts, too!) Well you're not here to say no.

If I say that all of those things are true because of what the Holy Bible tells us (us as in Christians) you're going to tell me that I am wrong because...I seriously cannot read!

Please don't get mad at me but can you please tell me if I'm supposed to defend the definition of God or go against it. Once I know I will post a much better argument. Thank you.
wjmelements

Con

Answering Questions, Comments, Concerns:
"can you please tell me if I'm supposed to defend the definition of God or go against it[?]"

"My opponent will present 1-5 separate arguments against the aforementioned God's existence, and they will be discussed in rounds 2-4."
++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
"I will not partake in any kind of a debate where I have to say that there is some kind of a 'God' anywhere!"

The resolution is "The following arguments against the existence of God are valid." You are PRO, so you are arguing against the existence of God.
++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
"If I say that all of those things are true because of what the Holy Bible tells us (us as in Christians) you're going to tell me that I am wrong because...I seriously cannot read!"

Actually, I'd say that you'd be making an invalid argument for the wrong side.
++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
"So I cannot contradict you by saying that there is no such thing as any kind of a deity?"

No, you can not. That would be circular reasoning.
++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

Because my opponent has not presented any arguments against the existence of God, perhaps because of confusion, but I will try to be fair and allow my opponent to present her arguments in round 2 instead of round 1. We will then discuss them in rounds 3 and 4.

Faraecho, if you still have questions, rather than using an argument to ask them, just message me. You have 72 hours to respond, so there is no rush.
faraecho

Pro

I am sorry for my stupidity. I was going to erase what I typed and post my real argument, but I pressed the wrong button, unfortunately.

"omnipotent-able to do absolutely anything, even the logically impossible"
God is supposed to be good and do all the right things for this world. So far He has not stopped world hunger, drug use, prostitution, disease, war, bad weather, etc. Perhaps He is lazy? Then He could not be defined as good.

"omnipresent-being present everywhere"
God cannot possibly be present everywhere because He would answer all prayers at once instead of listening to one prayer at a time. The Virgin Mary's mother had to pray many times before she became pregnant with Mary.

"omniscient-knowing everything that can be known"
If God knew everything then wouldn't he have prevented Lucifer from turning evil and leading an army against Him?

"omniconscious-fully aware of and sensitive to everything"
sensitive-having sense of feeling; possessing or exhibiting the capacity of receiving impressions from external objects; as, a sensitive soul. (dictionary.com)
Is that the sensitive you mean to use? There is another sensitive that means that ones feelings are hurt easily.

"incoercible-not able to be controlled, dominated, or compelled"
Could commiting suicide or being gay or being a transvestite count as being dominated?
He is compelled to answer prayers because He knows that is the right thing to do (He is supposed to be a good God, right?)
I have nothing for being controlled.

Thank you for clearing up my confusion even though you did not prevent the keyboard from being confused.
My name is Farah with an H. I forgot to press that button when coming up with my username.
wjmelements

Con

"Thank you for clearing up my confusion"
No problem.

I thank my opponent for posting her arguments.

OMNIPOTENCE
"Then He could not be defined as good."
I never defined God as omnibenevolent. Perhaps my opponent has confused omnibenevolence with omnipotence.

OMNIPRESENCE
"He would answer all prayers at once instead of listening to one prayer at a time."
My opponent makes the false assumption that God would be compelled to answer prayers in the first place (he would not be compelled, as he is incoercible) and that God listens to prayers "one at a time".

OMNISCIENT
My opponent makes the false assumption that God would want to restrict free will by preventing rebellion.

OMNICONSCIOUS
You used the wrong definition of sensitive. Sensitive in this context means "having perception". http://dictionary.reference.com...

INCOERCIBLE
My opponent makes the false assumption that God would be compelled to do good. There are no grounds for this assumption.
God has neither committed suicide, been gay, or been transvestite... and even if he had, that would not make him dominated.

CONCLUSION
My opponent's arguments are based on false premises.

Thank you, and I will now turn it over to PRO.
faraecho

Pro

faraecho forfeited this round.
wjmelements

Con

Unfortunately, my opponent has forfeited a crucial round.

I have nothing to rebut; however, I will leave with a few final statements.

My opponent's first argument is based on confusion regarding a definition.

My opponent's second argument is based on two separate false assumptions.

Her third argument is based on a false assumption regarding God's nature.

Her fourth argument is based on the emotional definition of sensitive, rather than the perceptive one.

Her final argument is also invalid, as she assigned God properties that were not aforementioned.

So, all of my opponent's arguments were invalid.

Thank you, and vote CON.
faraecho

Pro

faraecho forfeited this round.
Posted by farahecho 7 years ago
farahecho
huh eight minutes...three minutes over the clock (not counting this) at least i wasn't messing with a bomb or anything...
"Huh?" ranting to myself while acting like i was ranting to you. i don't apologize because i'm procrastinating to do so and i have a limited time here! so most likely by the time i get around to apologizing i will be gone (far away from the hopefull imploded bomb [imploded sounds like exploded....hopefully imploded means 'dud'] ) so just warning you ahead of time i'm not going to apologize...what was i saying? oh yeah. the f*cking bombs fixing to go off! delete account delete account delete account!

(slight note: hacked [not really hacked] into somebody else's wifie, on laptop)
Posted by farahecho 7 years ago
farahecho
so now...because of all of that i deleted the account to hide a stupid secret (don't have to read this comment if you wish not) and i'm going to delete this account in probably more than five minutes as planned but not leaving it for awhole day. delete evidence (thank you dad for letting me see how you delete browsing history) and such and then i'll be good. if you are so curious as to know when i will get another account it'll probably been when.....can't say that here mostly certainly cannot say what is certain to befall upon my poor father here (d*mn you great expectations! elaboration later)........or when i'm eighteen *smiles* now no creepy stalkers better come to my house because now they know i lied about my age (pretending to be ninteen but i'm closer than you think) anway....thirteen reasons why has some very...detailed scenes (paragraphs would be more prefferable...) in there. it's a seqyohah (i misspelled that) on the adult..highschool i think...list. where was i? oh yes, so it'll be awhile before i'll be back on, since my grammer mistake and the correct mistake cannot be used for a username anymore look for a queenfarahecho for that is my full name. Q.F.E the second sister. Princess Apocolypse/Armeggedon (mispelled that probably) is the first sister. Madam ImPeril is the third. Lol, we chose the names for a pacific reason. see if you can figure out why. *hint miss murder* i misspellled pascific and misspelled misspelled....anyway..elaboration: finally finished great expectations still hate it. did long boring vocabulary and reading logs and have everybody ask me ten billion times 'when do you think you're going to be done?' how the hell am i supposed to know? took me four hours to complete ten reading logs and two to complete seventeen! agh! anyway...might have to consider the option of going back to old school because of a certain even that will befall upon my father is bound to occur and will change my events. great expectations changed my vocabulary
Posted by farahecho 7 years ago
farahecho
ugh...i forgot how difficult it was to create an account....and i'm just going to delete it again here in a few minutes....ugh.....does anybody know the pains of downloading? ugh....patience is not one of my virtues especially when you try and try to get 1/6, aren't you calling me yet?, and god knows to download but they just won't f*cking download! grr....on the upside black feast, lostsheep (a capella version), canterella, and wide knowedge of the late, madness downloaded just perfectly....ugh....i'm still winning but barely....btw this is faraecho, or rather the person who created that account and this account. sorry for leaving so....whomever i told that it was easy to hide the fact of what religion i am i lied to...ugh...stupid mother! you stupid computer hacking mother! since i'm going to delete this account i suppose i can tell you the story anyway, my first account i created at my mom's place and of course she knew the password. well this year...last year...can't remember....around a year i told my mom that i didn't want to go visit her for the summer (reasons why besides my mom's emotionally unstable will not be stated here) she said 'oh, okay' and i handed the phone to dad and apparently she screamed and hollered at him we didn't speak to eachother for a year and three days(i could've called her if i wanted to but i didn't want to) so she calls asks me for twenty minutes a bunch of stupid questions and i say i have to go. anyway, during that entire year of silence and afterwards she has been hacking my account and changing the password back to the one she knows. anyway. myyearbook account, which a friend created, didn't know about my alts so she used the original account. well i got an email from myyearbook about something or other. dad found (while changing password for me again) out & saw something about me being a satanist on there. managed to make a convincing excuse. but there's no way i could've hidden that fact on the old account.deleted the account
Posted by wjmelements 7 years ago
wjmelements
"my computer crashed right before i posted my argument and i'm no longer aloud on the computer anyway because of a book i have to read for an AP english class."

That stinks. I hated Great Expectations.

"although my b*tchy state define me feminie i suppose..."

Huh?
Posted by faraecho 7 years ago
faraecho
"I hope to get a very good excuse from PRO."

shut the hell up

why do you insist on saying 'she'? just because my profile says she does not make it so like it says i live in cayman islands.

although my b*tchy state define me feminie i suppose...
Posted by faraecho 7 years ago
faraecho
i'm going to go hide now because i am human and even though no one actually knows where i live i'm sad.
Posted by faraecho 7 years ago
faraecho
well that sux...my computer crashed right before i posted my argument and i'm no longer aloud on the computer anyway because of a book i have to read for an AP english class.

never read great expectations unless you plan on reading the same sentence fifteen times before giving up on it making sense.
Posted by mongeese 7 years ago
mongeese
I put CON down the line for similar reasons to wjm.
Posted by mongeese 7 years ago
mongeese
"Can someone give an explanation when they drop 7 points on me?"
They never do.
Posted by wjmelements 7 years ago
wjmelements
Can someone give an explanation when they drop 7 points on me?

My vote and RFD:
B: TIED
A: CON
COND: CON (forfeits)
S/G: CON ("commiting")
ARG: CON (arguments based on false premises)
SRC: CON (PRO used no sources and CON used 2, so this goes to CON)
Vote Placed by KeithKroeger91 7 years ago
KeithKroeger91
wjmelementsfaraechoTied
Vote Placed by mongoose 7 years ago
mongoose
wjmelementsfaraechoTied
Vote Placed by mongeese 7 years ago
mongeese
wjmelementsfaraechoTied
Vote Placed by wjmelements 7 years ago
wjmelements
wjmelementsfaraechoTied
Vote Placed by Levin 7 years ago
Levin
wjmelementsfaraechoTied