Ozzyhead
demimorin

The game series Grand Theft Auto should not be to blame for violent and criminal acts from children

Started: 2/23/2014 Category: Games

Ozzyhead

Pro

First round is acceptance, and claim to agree to the rules. My opponent should be someone who has actually played the game, and is not taking someone else's word for it. The rules are simple: use reliable sources, personal experiences shall not be taken in to consideration when deciding a winner, and while a few grammatical and spelling mistakes are expected from everyone, excessive mistakes and "text talk" will not be tolerated. (If English is not your first language, please say so, for a lot of mistakes will be understandable). There will also be no insulting of the opponent or people who agree with them.
Now lets get some definitions out of the way. Even though they are obvious, we just should be sure.
Video game- a game in which a person interacts with a console and a screen, or a computer, for the purpose of entertainment, and sometimes educational(ex: school assignments), purposes
Violence: acts that are meant to harm a person or their property including but not limited to murder, and theft
Criminal: acts that violate laws including but not limited to violence which is mentioned before, robbery, larceny, reckless driving, and fleeing from police.
I look forward to this debate and the comments that will go with it. Good luck to my opponent.
demimorin

Con

I accept and agree to the rules regarding the debate.
Ozzyhead

Pro

In no way can a video game cause violent behavior, especially Grand Theft Auto. It is well known about all the cases that involved children stealing, killing, robbing, mugging, assaulting, and shooting, and the children involved usually have said that the game Grand Theft Auto influenced them to do such acts. However, in the game series Grand Theft Auto, the player runs, steals, kills, robs, mugs, assaults, and shoots in the free play mode. The game in no way encourages people to do any of the acts performed in them. You have choices to partake in a game of golf, race, date, bowl, play pool, and fly aircraft. Obtaining vehicles can also be done crime free. Throughout the game, during the storylines, the players friends give them cars, or even in the newest installment of the game, you can purchase vehicles. In no way does Grand Theft Auto have the sole blame of people acting out. Even in the game, committing crimes is punishable by the law, and people understand that real life is different then Grand Theft Auto, and if they don't, then they should not be able to obtain a gaming system if that's the case, and they should already be removed from society.
demimorin

Con

demimorin forfeited this round.
Ozzyhead

Pro

Ozzyhead forfeited this round.
demimorin

Con

demimorin forfeited this round.
Posted by Kytax 3 years ago
Kytax
I can, once I finish my third debate.
Posted by Ozzyhead 3 years ago
Ozzyhead
Then vote
Posted by Kytax 3 years ago
Kytax
Great Job Ozzy, Your argument so good your oppent forfited that round. I agreed with you before, and I still agree now :D.
Posted by AeoLynx 3 years ago
AeoLynx
That second round argument was amazing. Good job, Ozzyhead.