DebateGirl
stark73

The government is out to get us

stark73

DebateGirl

Pro

I am challenging anyone to argue with me. I believe that the government is not actually looking out for our best interest. I think they will do whatever they want because they are heartless and greedy! I'm sure many will agree!
stark73

Con

I disagree with the wording of the resolution. BY "get us" you mean the government is specifically trying to harm us. I contend this is simply false because there is no reason to do this. Yes, the government might not be our best friends and they might not really want to help each individual, but it is illogical to say a government specifically wants to "harm" us. The people represent the government, and they generate revenue for the government. In fact, even if the government was a complete selfish jerk they would still care about their own prosperity. The way they can achieve this prosperity is through the people. Also, I say that the resolution is not always true. Governments do not ALWAYS care about themselves.
DebateGirl

Pro

I disagree. I believe that the government will do anything to make a couple million even if it goes against their own 'people'; the evidence is everywhere! There is a reason they pronounced on CNN that what actually happened to JFK wouldn't be released for 75 years. I believe that the government didn't like the change he was bringing so they took him out. I also believe the same happened to John Lennon.
stark73

Con

Ok on your JFK claim, where is the source for this because I have never heard of this? Furthermore, my opponent still has not addressed a very important point, which is that the government simply has no reason to "get us" because they are not stupid, even if they were completely evil they would still be concerned for their own welfare and the only way they can achieve welfare is through the people. Furthermore, it's not like the government said they would never release the info about JFK they said they would release it eventually. Take for example the martin luther king. Martin Luther King was similar to JFK, however the government actally PROTECTED his reputation by sealing an alleged tape of him having an affair with a woman.
DebateGirl

Pro

The government is "out to get us" all because of money.
The JFK incident happened because the changes he was making would leads us against "government" therefore less dough for them.
Let's face it there is a lot of information being with-held from us.. Why do you think that is? Because the truth is the government chooses money over people.
Also, many believe that 9/11 was framed. I do not have a lot of information about this theory, but I would still like to present it to the voters.

Voters: The government is against us! Time and time again have our best interest been over looked simply because of the American government's greed. Think about the outrageous percentages of tax that they take out of your pay check.. GREED GREED GREED!
stark73

Con

He completely drops theJFK accusation. Also, it doesn't matter what he BELIEVES< it matters what is true so you can go ahead and extend the fact that governments have little incentive to intentionally harm us as the resolution suggests. Also, the 9-11 wasn't a conspiracy, there is a ton of evidence supporting terroist organizations, people simply call it a conspiracy as an excuse of overthrow the bush regime and portray him as an evil tyrant. True the government does want money, don't we all? However, the government also knows what point to stop because they know completely disreagarding the people's needs is detrimental to their own welfare as well.
DebateGirl

Pro

DebateGirl forfeited this round.
stark73

Con

Arguments extended, vote con
DebateGirl

Pro

DebateGirl forfeited this round.
Posted by stark73 6 years ago
stark73
@Cobo, like 700 words so we have to have good word economy
Posted by THEBOMB 6 years ago
THEBOMB
@DebateGirl

The Declaration of Independence did not start with we the people. Try the Constitution instead.
Posted by Cobo 6 years ago
Cobo
What is the charcter limit in this debate?
Posted by stark73 6 years ago
stark73
I'm looking at the comments and it seems alot of people oppose the governmental structure. That is fine, I do too but i ask for the voters to vote based on who was the better debater, not on their own bias on what the government is.
Posted by DebateGirl 6 years ago
DebateGirl
Our interests should be secondary.. Theres a reason the declaration of independence starts out "we the people.."
Posted by cameronalbrecht 6 years ago
cameronalbrecht
Our government is in business to keep itself in business. Power begets power. Our interests really are secondary.
Vote Placed by Cobo 6 years ago
Cobo
DebateGirlstark73Tied
Reasons for voting decision: Forfiet.