nikhiladyapak31
Normerican

The government should abolish death penalty

Normerican

nikhiladyapak31

Con

I feel that if someone who has done a mass murder and taken into custody and let lose by given bail, I think it is not right to let lose a criminal.He might still commit some crime and still kill some more people.Why should we leave people who have committed serious crimes and let them out of jail by giving them bail?People say that in India it is easier to get bail than bhel poori(a chaat dish)at a restaurant.They say that if we kill the killer, we are no less than the killer.So the best thing to do is to get the criminals hanged to death instead of providing them with all the facilities in jail. The government should not abolish death penalty and must be strict and bring the criminals to justice by hanging them and not grant them bail at all.As I said ,the problem in India is that you get bail very easily.Anybody reading this shall try to answer for this argument but you can also you can support me with my debate.It is open to all and please respond to this debate with good rebuttal.
Normerican

Pro

As I believe that government internationally should abolish capital punishment; I will accept this debate. India's economy is not something I am familiar with; therefore there's no economic argument that I can relatively debate with accuracy. However, I believe there are several other logical arguments for the abolishment of death penalty.

1. Prison life is worse than death

To justify that prison is worse than death, my opponent will need to understand the goal of prison. Prison takes away all rights to members of society; and takes away the one thing that the death penalty can not. A will to live. The death penalty is an easy way out, a free of guilt option to many prisoners. Prison life gives prisoners the chance to feel the suffering and loss of something that the family or friends of the criminals victims feel. Whether it be robbery, murder, rape or any other serious crime; prison can be much more effective. Not to mention the abuse of many prisoners.
nikhiladyapak31

Con

nikhiladyapak31 forfeited this round.
Normerican

Pro

For the most part, my argument stands.
nikhiladyapak31

Con

You say that if someone is put into a prison, it will be more worse a punishment than death itself. You may be correct to some extent but in a country like India, as I told earlier, it is easier to get bail. Even though a criminal is put into jail, (in India) he will have all the luxuries and wont fell one bit sad. (I mean for the politicians and other rich people who get caught in India for big scams). For example, see the famous bollywood actor Salman khan, he was supposed to be in custody for five years, but was released on bail to produce and act in a movie and now, he is doing his own reality program (big boss) . He was charged for drinking and driving and killing people by running over them in his drunken state and he killed two black bucks.You see not always you see someone in jail for even two years (in India)and people dont even suffer in jail and wont be separated from their family for long. By torturing criminals to death is the only way justice is rightfully served to them.
Normerican

Pro

Well, if were comparing inhumane to humane, than the argument is invalid. India should fix the prison systems rather than just killing everybody. It's more difficult and requires much more work.
Posted by Normerican 1 year ago
Normerican
I would have considered saying more, about perhaps fixing the prisons and stuff, but the character limit was really small; so I couldn't say anything. Basically, there's an issue with prisoners getting free easier than non-convicts can get food.

Thus fixing the prison security and living conditions; then give them prison sentences longer and more just. Thus they can still get the punishment worse than death, but with better living conditions.
Posted by Jt5542002 1 year ago
Jt5542002
Less inhumane to more inhumane
Posted by Jt5542002 1 year ago
Jt5542002
Good argument pro. But, on a scale from less cruel and inhumane to less inhumane, we aren't acting constitutionally wit a life sentence. But, I get your point also.
Vote Placed by dsjpk5 1 year ago
dsjpk5
nikhiladyapak31NormericanTied
Reasons for voting decision: Con ff a round, so conduct to Pro.
Vote Placed by Forever23 1 year ago
Forever23
nikhiladyapak31NormericanTied
Reasons for voting decision: FF by con