The government should fund NASA

All of the "oh the US is in debt" arguments are completely pointless. I've done all of the math. Out of the US' budget, NASA is only 0.5%. 0.5%!!!!!!!!! How on Earth (that's punny right there) is that even going to make a difference? That's right, it's not. There honestly no reason not to. Space will be the final frontier, and are humans not naturally curious? Understanding space not only allows us to know more about our planet, but it gives us cell phone service, TV, GPS, and others; along with many inventions and theories! You can say we could use the money for global warming and stuff like that, but what if money can't save our planet? Huh? How will we leave a dying, rotting planet if all of the money is being used to "save" ours? NASA has no near-future plans for a space elevator! That's bogus! Yes, missions have failed, but if you haven't made mistakes yourself, you must be really special. Now you are probably thinking, "well I didn't kill anybody!" Oh, last time I checked, you weren't in charge of peoples' lives! Our government made mistakes that got us in debt, militaries around the world made mistakes that led to death, so again, NASA wins. You could say that we should spend more time learning about our own planet, but NASA does let us learn about Earth (How it formed, how tides work, the day/night cycle, the seasons, what are future may be).

The government should NOT fund Nasa. Nor is NASA, THE GOVERNMENT'S PRIOTY. Look at how much good work, Nasa is doing right now. They are fine on their own, right when you said, 0.05%, it went up over 6%. The difference between Nasa, and the government, Nasa is doing better than government right now. The government lost over %17,000,000,000, Nasa barely $1,000. What should happen if they fund it? Would Nasa shut down? Would Nasa go over not $17, but $18,000,000,000 dollars? Or, would Nasa even LOSE all of its workers. Think about Space. There is nothing about Space that deals with politics, or what America has already done, or what America has already lost. America already HAS everything that you listed. America already INVENTED a Space Elevator, mhmm, have you ever heard of a rocket ship? What's your say, My Friend?

Hmm, where did you hear about this space elevator? A space elevator is a PROPOSED idea, and I don't think in the slightest that NASA has any plans to build a space elevator, that is completely bogus.

Not only did NASA send the communication satellites to space, they MAINTAIN them. If NASA was shut down, then eventually we would lose cell phones and TV.

No, NASA is not the priority, but the military IS. Did you know that if we cut the military budget from a week, we could probably end world hunger? Hmm, that seems like a lot. Maybe if we just cut a little of that...

What I'm trying to say, is that funding NASA will make virtually no difference to our debt status. If you really want to get out of debt, stop fighting in the Middle East! It is not your fight, and we are spending WAY too much on military aid and supplies.

NASA wouldn't do fine on their own. How could they collect billions of dollars in donations? How could they build all of the probes and rovers without some extra cash? Besides, a bunch of America doesn't think we should fund it, so why would they donate to it?

NASA represents American ingenuity, the inventions and marks on the science world. Without it, you are destroying an American dream. A TON of little children say they want to be astronauts, and that will completely crush their dreams. A ZERO chance of fulfilling their dream.

NASA would continue to create more amazing inventions, and how could they without some funds? They've already made memory foam, in-ear thermometers, insulin pumps, cochlear implants, and others. (,

How could they make more inventions if they are shut down? Hmm? How will the USA continue to be the most innovative country, if one of their biggest scientific branches get shut down? Hmm?

How can you argue against this?

BlackFangV forfeited this round.

Clearly you didn't post anything because NASA is too good not to be funded. I don't really want to do a whole lot of writing because I feel like I wrote a ton before, so I am basically going to let NASA do the talking.

I think these articles say it all. We really should fund NASA. There is so much out there that we don't know, and NASA just does a great job exploring space.

But please look at all the websites I posted. NASA really is incredible and we just need to make sure it stays with us.

BlackFangV forfeited this round.
Vote Placed by Hierocles 2 years ago
Reasons for voting decision: x