Gwydion777
briarmariexo

The government should get more involved in school lunches

briarmariexo

Gwydion777

Con

I believe school lunches are a very touchy subject. There are so many things that can go into this debate that will alter each opponent's way of looking at it, but the government really should get out of school lunches. The more they get involved the more rules are added, regulations are supposed to be followed, and the more stress everyone has to deal with.
briarmariexo

Pro

I believe that having the government become more involved in school lunches will benefit all kids. If kids are taught to eat healthier and choose better eating habits, they will learn to carry this throughout the adulthood. Its a path to a healthier lifestyle. Children will then be able to understand the importance of eating healthier (:
Gwydion777

Con

I understand where you are in perspective, but you must understand, the government will only make more rules for children to follow. Is it okay that I take my school for example? I am a freshman after all. In our school, they will charge you extra if you don't purchase a fruit and vegetable along with the meal. I think this is a great start, but how can you guarantee that kids will eat the food they purchase? I see it everyday. More food is wasted now than before. The government is only making kids purchase foods that they don't want to eat! Does that sound effective to you?

Furthermore, I recently saw a video in Health class (and yes, I have health class) about an English health specialist named Jamie Oliver. Perhaps you have heard of him. Anyway, he proved to his audience that each year, school lunches will give enough sugar to every kid that is equivalent to having a "fizzy soda" everyday for a whole year. Sorry if my grammar is wrong, but I am only a freshman.
briarmariexo

Pro

briarmariexo forfeited this round.
Gwydion777

Con

Gwydion777 forfeited this round.
briarmariexo

Pro

briarmariexo forfeited this round.
Gwydion777

Con

Gwydion777 forfeited this round.
briarmariexo

Pro

briarmariexo forfeited this round.
Gwydion777

Con

Gwydion777 forfeited this round.
briarmariexo

Pro

briarmariexo forfeited this round.
Vote Placed by kbub 3 years ago
kbub
Gwydion777briarmariexoTied
Reasons for voting decision: FF. Both sides.