Anti-atheist
TUF

The government should give marijuana to children.

TUF
Started: 7/18/2013 Category: Sports

Anti-atheist

Pro

First roundfor acceptance only.
TUF

Con

Anti-atheist

Pro

A man named Tuf has accepted my challenge. Poor poor bastard. He will lose

1

Children are really rambunkshous. THey wild. Some pot will chill them out right? Yes.

2

Children are often stupid. Pot will fix that up. Weed makes you smart (1 http://www.cannabisculture.com...)

Children would do many great thngs if they smoked it up

3

Parents stress over baby sitters and stuff. Weed will make the children all stoned out no worry for parents.

4

Gorvenment
takes lots of weed from mexicans. It would be a lot of good if they
just instead of burning it give it to the kids. Giving stuff to children
is good right? Charaity is a good thing right?

5

It makes kids look cool. Think about it.

s://www.debate.org...; alt="" />

Look me in the face and tell me this kid isnt cool as f*ck

6

If
kids are stoned there will be less bully. Because bullies are to stoned
theyll light up with other instead of lighting them up with guns.

7

Children sometimes live a short life. Why not brighten it up with Weed

I have made a good case

SMOKE IT UP

s://www.debate.org...; alt="" />

s://www.debate.org...; alt="" />
TUF

Con

I'll make this short.

Contention 1: Physical effects.

Before jumping into each of my opponents points individually, I will breifly sate the health concerns that Marijuana brings.

1) Marijuana's immediant effects.

Marijuana's immedient effcts are harmful to the human body.

-The immediate effects of taking marijuana include rapid heart beat, disorientation, lack of physical coordination, often followed by depression or sleepiness. Some users suffer panic attacks or anxiety.

2) Cancer

Kids with lower immune systems are susceptible to death via cancer,

- Marijuana smoke contains 50% to 70% more cancer-causing substances than tobacco smoke. One major research study reported that a single cannabis joint could cause as much damage to the lungs as up to five regular cigarettes smoked one after another. Long-time joint smokers often suffer from bronchitis, an inflammation of the respiratory tract.

3) mental health

The claim that maijunana makes you smarter is false.

Smoking five or more marijuana joints a week can make you feel stupid -- really. A new study shows heavy marijuana use can actually lower your IQ (intelligence quotient). Researchers say it's one of the first studies to look at the long-term effects of marijuana on intelligence. Although the immediate, mind-numbing effects** of marijuana are well known, it's been difficult to study the long-term effects on users because researchers often don't have a starting point before marijuana use began on which to base their measurements. In this study, which appears in the April 2 issue of the Canadian Medical Association Journal, researchers compared the IQ scores of 70 participants before they started smoking pot (aged 9-12) with their current scores at age 17-20. Among heavy users who currently smoked more than five joints a week, IQ scores dropped by an average of 4.1 points. But among light users (fewer than five joints a week)*, researchers found gains in IQ scores of about 5.8 points. Former users and non-users also had slight increases in their scores -- of 3.5 and 2.6, respectively.”
http://www.webmd.com...

-The drug can affect more than your physical health. Studies in Australia in 2008 linked years of heavy marijuana use to brain abnormalities.

- Marijuana changes the structure of sperm cells, deforming them. Thus even small amounts of marijuana can cause temporary sterility in men.

- Over the last ten years, many children of marijuana users have been born with reduced initiative and lessened abilities to concentrate and pursue life goals. Studies also suggest that prenatal (before birth) use of the drug may result in birth defects, mental abnormalities and increased risk of leukemia in children.

http://www.drugfreeworld.org...

Rebuttals:

1. Chilling them out

Is chilling children out more important that harming their health? There are also better behavioral methods that won't make a kid feel neglected or hated.

http://www.supernanny.co.uk...

2. Children are stupid

This claim is false. Children are actually smarter than adults. The debelopmental process in adults deteriorates over time, while that in Children is strong.

http://bigthink.com...

3. Baby sitter stress

A kid who has to be babysat all the time will feel neglect. But I tie this point into number one. Is stress level of the parents more important than the health of the child?

4. Taking it from the mexicans

Do I need to explain how giving weed taken from criminals and giving it to kids is a bad thing? Also why wold Pot be legal for children but not adults?

5. Kids look cool

This isn't avalue against physical health and mental stability.Also kids can look equally cool without drugs, though drugs making someone look cool is debateable itself.

6. Less bullies

This isn't true, because the bullies will probably be smoking pot at seperate times anyway. Also Maijuana doesn't always calm down the nerves.

7. Short life

The resolution suggests that kids should be forced by the government against their will to take a mind altering drug, thus more likely to create misery. Also Marijuana just means their already short life just got shorter.
Anti-atheist

Pro

Contention 1: Physical effects.

1) Marijuana's immediant effects.

Tuf lists why mary jane is awesome as f*ck. All those physical effects are what makes it gooooood.

2) Cancer

Theres no evidence that says mary causes cancer. Ayn rand (awesome and sexy women) disproved most of the studies . Correleation no equal causation. Read Ayn Rand she smoked all day everyday and got cancer but it was unrealted.

3) mental health

Ohhhhhhhhh. Tuf say 5 joins make you smart. The reason why heavy users didnt score as high was because they didnt start smoking at an early age. Tuf say 5 joints a week do 5 joints a week everyday allday and that means you become smart. Tuf destroied himself and proved me,

But there good brain abnormailites. Like geniusness is a brain abnormality but it makes it good for you

So?
Its not forever. This means you can have sex while smoking pot. More reasons to smoke pot! Teen pregancy will go down. THere will be smokeing and humping all around!

Only if you smoke while your a prego. Dont be a prego and smoke.

1. Chilling them out

It doesn't harm there health. So yes its a good reason

The supernany link has nothing to do with pot so I didn't read it. Im sure its wrong anyway.

2. Children are stupid

OHHHHH LOLOLLOLOLOOL. So children created the atom bomb? CHildren created physics? Children made science? Nope kids are dumb they poo themselves. Children dont even know how to do IQ test. CHildren are stupid and your link is an atheist link thats evil

3. Baby sitter stress

Con says this is a good idea.

4. Taking it from the mexicans

Ohhh tuf thinks charity is bad! Charity of weed is good. Mary should be legal for adults too, bt they shouldnt smoke it as much as kids because they have to do stuff.

5. Kids look cool

Are you kiddin? Sometimes coolness overrides health!

That kid looks so cool! It doesnt hurt health anyway! Kids cant look cool without drugs come on!

6. Less bullies

It will calm bullies overall even when they not high. Mary does calm the neves. Wheers your source? Refer madness? Look at stoners they on couch eating chips! Not shooting no one!

7. Short life

Kids would love it! Sometimes you have to force something on someone before they love it. Like rape. Not in all cases does the women love it but sometimes it starts out as rape and ends in a loving realtionship. Not always tho but sometimes. Mary j doesnt shorten life

altimatly tuf sucked the d at rebutting. I won this for surely.

TUF

Con

MY CASE

1) Marijuana's immediant effects

My opponent claims that health hazards to children are "good". It would be one thing to argue drugs "coolness" but, physically they aren't healthy for kids. Nothing is cool about screwing up kids before they havea chance to grow up healthy and strong. Let them make the choice to do drugs when they are old enough to be responsible for their own health.

2) Cancer

Cancer will be mostly caused in heavy users. Moderate or light users are unlikely to get cancer, but if Pro mandates that Majiuana should be given from the goverment, it is likely that children will develop cancer. Children have weaker immune systems, and their bodies are unlikely to prevent cancer cells from taking precedence.

Marijuana has also been prevalent in male's testicular cancer.

The study - published online September 10 in the American Cancer Society's journal, Cancer- suggests that not only recreational pot-use but medicinal marijuana-smoking may be risky for young males.

http://www.cbsnews.com...

3) Mental Health

I don't exactly fully interpret my opponents argument here, as it is riddled with spelling errors, but my point on mental health being damaged stil stands.

Most results prove to heavy use of marijuana dulling the senses. Light use still only temporarily increases IQ, thus is doesn't make sense to give it to children.

More than 1,000 study participants from New Zealand were tested for IQ at age 13 - likely before any significant marijuana use - and again at age 38. All were born in the town of Dunedin during a year-long span ending in 1973.

In addition to IQ tests, participants were given five interviews between ages 18 and 38, including questions related to their marijuana use. At age 18, 52 participants said they had become dependent on marijuana, meaning that they continued to use it despite its causing significant health, social or legal problems. Ninety-two others reported dependence starting at a later age.

http://www.cbsnews.com...

My opponent says there are good brain abnormalties, yet fails to point out any examples. I will consider this argument dropped.

Also I believe my opponent mis-understand the source on sterility. As children, their sperm cells can be deformed. This results in drug babies that can later on develop gene suffering and DNA attributes that are negative.

Also the source I referenced said nothing about deficiencies being related to pregnancy only. My opponent made this up to suit his arguments.

Rebuttals

1. Chilling Them Out

My opponent falsely states that marijuana isn't unhealthy for kids depsite the mountain of evidence I have provided that it does. All he says is that he is sure that the evidence is wrong, without really providing any proof or reasons as to why it is wrong. I consider this point dropped.

2. Children are stupid

Children aren't stupid. They have undeveloped brain patterns, yet there brain potential and learning capacity is far greater than adults. Using knowledge that adults have compouned into facts from years of science doesn't effect learning patterns. A child can learn multiple languanges at an early age much easier than an adult. Anyways, most of my opponents response to this are just trollish, and absurd opinions.

3. Baby Sitter Stress

Not only is this point false, but I never said it was "okay". My opponent was just too lazy to prove how screwing up children with drugs is a better option than relieving stress of a baby sitter who is doing all the work for the parents anyway. That's their job, they get paid to handle a little stress. The stress isn't worth harming a child. My opponent ignored everything in this point.

4. Getting it from the Mexicans

This point was racsist, and irrelevant to begin with. But once again, my opponent has ignored my point to troll instead. He himself is probably high. Also charity, isn't the goverment taking from others against their will. Why would the goverment make it illegal for mexicans but legal for children.

5. Kids look cool

There you have it. My opponent has argued that endangering kids is okay as loing as they look cool. Make of this what you will.

6. Bullies

One of the side effects of marijuana on young people:

Uncontrollable anger & aggression

75% of the people in our mental health system are there because of drug related psychosis. Young people are most at risk because they have not fully developed physically, emotionally or mentally.

http://www.drugbeat.org...

Your bully point is innacurate.

7. Short life

Again, my opponent has trolled. Forcing drugs is just like forcing rape in his own words. Must I continue?

Vote Con.

Anti-atheist

Pro

Anti-atheist forfeited this round.
TUF

Con

The troll hath forfeited. Vote TUF.
Posted by Ragnar 3 years ago
Ragnar
Notice my vote coincidentally evens itself out. I actually strongly dislike pro, but when voting I keep my bias in mind, and try not to turn into a virtual bomber like some of the other votes.
Posted by Ragnar 3 years ago
Ragnar
Posted by TUF 3 years ago
TUF
Ragnar, I can honestly say I didn't know this was going to be a troll debate when I accepted this debate. I had done no research on my opponent or his debates. I assumed that he was somehow serious...
Posted by Ragnar 3 years ago
Ragnar
For some reason my vote won't update, I initially forgot to put in who I agreed with before and after (con).
Posted by Wocambs 3 years ago
Wocambs
The largest study, Tashkin's, found no link between smoking cannabis and cancer.
Posted by Anti-atheist 3 years ago
Anti-atheist
Pictures didnt show up. Probably bc the jews
Posted by Jennifer9 3 years ago
Jennifer9
What.
Vote Placed by 1dustpelt 3 years ago
1dustpelt
Anti-atheistTUFTied
Reasons for voting decision: lolwtf
Vote Placed by Ragnar 3 years ago
Ragnar
Anti-atheistTUFTied
Reasons for voting decision: ARGUMENT: This was most clearly a troll debate, which should be measured differently. Con did not even try to get into the spirit of it. In essence I found con's counter points lacking compared to the fun of pro's originals, such as claiming kids look equally cool without a joint; or claiming they're smarter than adults. CONDUCT: First strike against pro was not labeling such as a troll debate (alone not enough to tip it in con's favor), and of course forfeiting a round. SOURCES: Perhaps pictures are worth more in a troll debate, but pro's round1 pictures were all broken. Also con put the work into researching this topic, and then shared it with many useful links...
Vote Placed by 1Devilsadvocate 3 years ago
1Devilsadvocate
Anti-atheistTUFTied
Reasons for voting decision: F.F. Troll.
Vote Placed by FrackJack 3 years ago
FrackJack
Anti-atheistTUFTied