ob122
joshuaXlawyer

The government should release Osama bin Laden's death picture

joshuaXlawyer

ob122

Pro

On May 2, 2011, The US government authorized a operation to capture or kill Osama Bin Laden. The operation was carried by a team of Navy SEALs, who in 38 minutes, stormed bin Laden's compound, killed his guards, then him, then exfiltrated back to the USS Carl Vinson, where, bin Laden was buried according to Muslim tradition by throwing his wrapped body overboard. That night, at 11:40 PM, President Obama announced to the world that Bin laden was dead. But where is the photographic evidence? I know they took a DNA test, but remember, DNA can be wrong. The government should release Osama's death photo.

I leave the challenge to whoever accepts
joshuaXlawyer

Con

Opening statement: I'm sorry but did I miss read or am I delusional or does it really say that DNA testing could be wrong?
The probability of DNA testing to be wrong is 0.001 ( 1 in 100,000).
The whole reason not to release photo evidence is a good one, we don't wanna make even more tension between the U.S and those Plane crashing bomb loving wacko's ( yes i know I'll get letters). Thats why, its not a conspiracy the reasons are simple; don't make them even more mad than they already are because we don't need it.
Yes lets beat a Wookie at chess and then lets brag about it thats not gonna be a bad idea.
Then again why does it matter has anything really changed since his death? They still wanna kill us so why does it matter?
The governments not obligated to show pictures but to prove it and they did with DNA.
ob122

Pro

Ok, so DNA is most of the time right. But the point is, if Americans won't believe that Osama's dead, you know you need evidence to back it up. So the government should release his photo to the public to prove it once and for all. I'm not saying that we should brag about it, I'm saying that we should prove it to the world. DNA s one thing, but you need photographic evidence. Many governments are known to hide things. The US is no exception. Like, the Monica Lewinsky scandal. Bill Clinton said he "did not have sexual relations" but thats not solid. He could've lied. Presidents and Kings alike have been known to do so. So again, the US should release Osama's death photo.

I leave my opponent to rebut
joshuaXlawyer

Con

My opponent did not refute my points which I will order for you here:

1. The whole reason not to release photo evidence is a good one, we don't wanna make even more tension between the U.S and those Plane crashing bomb loving wacko's ( yes i know I'll get letters).

2.Then again why does it matter has anything really changed since his death? They still wanna kill us so why does it matter?

Rebut:
My opponent only came back with one simple point, we need our people to believe that he is dead.
Why? does this change anything? No

And he says we should brag about it, but the simple fact is you release a photo to the press it will hit the internet and will offend those plane crashing bomb loving wacko's because surprisingly their cave has DSL.
Or simply the photo will be seen by everyone and cause the wacko's to get more angery and angery and they might do something like try to fly a plane again. Not a good picture.

My last note:
DNA is proof if you don't believe DNA then you would have aquited thousands of murders because you don't believe them you need a photo.
ob122

Pro

My opponent is right. DNA may prove that Osama is dead. But he is forgetting one crucial thing. Al-Qaeda doesnt belive he's dead. So if we release the photo the public, Al-Qaeda will suffer a terrible blow from which they can never recover. So, vote Pro
joshuaXlawyer

Con

Points still haven't been addressed, and as well telling Al-Qaeda he's dead wont do anything but spark more tension the whole idea behind not showing them a picture. DON'T POKE A BEAR THATS ALREADY MAD.
vote con.
Vote Placed by TheSquadBoss 6 years ago
TheSquadBoss
ob122joshuaXlawyerTied
Reasons for voting decision: Pro made only 2 arguments one of which he admitted was wrong and lost the other one. Additionally Pro dropped all of Cons points.
Vote Placed by Ore_Ele 6 years ago
Ore_Ele
ob122joshuaXlawyerTied
Reasons for voting decision: Pro provided few arguments and Con took them all done. Pro never really addressed any of Con's refutations. The lack of refuting cost Pro the arguments, but also the conduct.
Vote Placed by RoyLatham 6 years ago
RoyLatham
ob122joshuaXlawyerTied
Reasons for voting decision: Pro largely ignored Con's arguments, leaving them unrefuted. The one argument that Pro addressed, that DNA was reliable, Pro conceded. Incidentally, al Qaeda admitted he was dead ad people unconvinced by DNA would say the photos were faked. Te debate should have had references by both sides.
Vote Placed by medic0506 6 years ago
medic0506
ob122joshuaXlawyerTied
Reasons for voting decision: Con made the most important argument in the debate, releasing the photo risks increasing tensions. Pro couldn't refute that. Con could have mentioned that, in addition to the dna evidence, the photos were shown to members of congress, for verification.
Vote Placed by Cliff.Stamp 6 years ago
Cliff.Stamp
ob122joshuaXlawyerTied
Reasons for voting decision: Multiple drops by Pro, bare assertion that a photo would have the desired effect, 3:1 Con
Vote Placed by petersaysstuff 6 years ago
petersaysstuff
ob122joshuaXlawyerTied
Reasons for voting decision: I vote Con because Pro dropped most of Con's arguments. Read Con's 2 and 3.