The great superhero debate: Part 2 (Villains edition)

Here we go again.

This is the second part of the great superhero debate, but this time it's the villains that take the spotlight!

1) Rhino VS Bane
2) Galactus VS Anti-Monitor
3) Lizard VS Killer-Croc
4) Thanos VS Darkseid

Rules are as follows:
-First round is for acceptance.
-No rebuttals as we only have one round to debate each match-up.
-Please stay within one universe! The Marvel universe used for this debate is Earth-616 and the Universe for DC is New Earth. The only exception is Anti-Monitor. He lives in his own universe but PLEASE DO NOT GO OUT OF HIS UNIVERSE!

To clarify I am Pro or in this case, Marvel!

Good luck!

Your turn!

Let us begin.

MATCH-UP 1: THE RHINO (Aleksei Sytevich) VS. BANE (Unknown)

"After being empowered, Aleksei Sytsevich is directed by the agents who gave him his powers to kidnap Colonel John Jameson in order to obtain extraterrestrial spores to which Jameson has been exposed. The Rhino, however, betrays the scientists who empowered him and goes on a rampage, eventually being defeated by the superhero Spider-Man. He is imprisoned and kept there with sedation, but breaks out soon after and continues to try to kidnap Jameson. Spider-Man uses a web developed by Curt Connors that melts off his hide and then knocks him unconscious."

The Rhino uses one weapon only, his suit. This suit is meant to simulate the hide of a rhino only MUCH stronger. With the suith he can resist a ton of TNT and survive anywhere from -50 F to 1000 F. That is very strong. So what do we have? Survival against super temperatures and a small anti-tank weapon. Plus the Horn! You cannot have a rhino without a horn, now can you? The horn can penetrate two inches of plate steel.

Along with making The Rhino super-durable, the suit also enhances his powers!

People often assume that The Rhino's powers come from his armor but that is where most people are wrong! Similar to the Hulk, his powers come from gamma treatment. The treatment added hundreds of pounds of muscle and bone tissue, turning Aleksei into a living fortress! Over the years before his death he repeated the treatments, making him more powerful then before.

The most noticeable power of The Rhino is his strength. Even without the suit he can lift 75 tons. With the suit on he has the ability to lift 100 tons! He has been shown to be able to go against the Hulk, the Thing and other heroes with colossal strength! The Rhino is not to be taken lightly what so ever, especially by Bane. Why?

"The primary effect of Venom is that it enhances strength to low superhuman levels, depending on how much venom is injected. Bane has been shown to be stronger than Batman even without the Venom, and while injected is able to bend thick steel. When Bane injects the maximum amount of Venom that is considered healthy into himself, he becomes capable of lifting about 2 tons. He is ultimately capable of exceeding his limit to 3 tons, though not without temporarily losing control over himself. "

Bane gets his powers from the steroid known as Venom, however even without the Rhino suit Aleksei could very well kill Bane with one punch, I mean 2-3 tons VS. 75-100 tons? Not even close.

The Rhino despite his size can can at speeds up to 120 mph. Bane is "On par with olympic runners" The fastest human ever, Usain Bolt can run up to 27.5 mph. Speed is again, not even close.

The only area where the two are arguably close is stamina. The Rhino can fight for 1 day straight before fatigue toxins and Bane can last for around the same time IF he continuously injects himself with Venom. In a fight he does not have that time!

Well, I'm done for today. Sorry for no pictures, just that I am having some difficulties!

Good luck.

OK let's do this!
Before I begin I would like to state that either me or my opponent might have to forfeit later, because we are both gone Monday-Wednesday. DO NOT MAKE THIS PART OF YOUR VOTING DECISION, as the forfeiture will be accounted for later in the debate.

"Bane is an escaped convict from an island prison in South America and a super-villain/assassin. Bane has abnormal physical strength as a result of having had undergone experiments involving a derivative of the drug Venom. He became known as "The Man Who Broke the Bat" when he broke Batman's back, forcing Bruce Wayne to give up the Batman persona while he recuperated. "

My opponent keeps stating that bane is not as strong. This is true, yet strength alone will NOT win a fight. Here is why Bane would win in a fight, not a arm-wrestling match:

Crazy intellect:

"Bane is highly intelligent; in Bane of the Demon, Ra's al Ghul says that Bane 'has a mind equal to the greatest he has known.'" Bane knows six languages that are active, 2 more arcane languages, and at least 1 dead language. "he taught himself various scientific disciplines equal to the level of understanding of leading experts in those fields."

Bane can remember almost anything- this can come in handy, because bane can memorize weak points in a battle with any opponent, and replay how he got his opponent in trouble, even if just for a moment, and then do that and get his opponent hurt or killed.

Surpassed by few, awed by many, and humbled everyone, Bane can escape from almost anything. He is extremely aware of his surroundings and has the mental capability to think of ways to escape from anywhere.

Combat: Ok, so maybe Rhino has brute strength, but Bane has the hand to hand combat strategy to simply sidestep Rhino and kill him with one swipe at an expertly placed spot, found using his amazing memory.

Weaknesses of Rhino

"Once charging,he cannot change direction or easily halt his advance. The Rhino also possesses below average intelligence."

Bane could easily outsmart him and just as simply out play him by dodging a hit.

DarthKirones forfeited this round.

jacobie1121 forfeited this round.

Sorry for the FF, as jacobie1121 pointed out, both him and me were away. I ask that we keep Match-Up three for the final round along with Match-up four.

"Galactus was originally the explorer Galan from the planet Taa, which existed in the pre-Big Bang universe. When a cataclysm gradually kills all other life in his universe, he and other survivors leave Taa on a spacecraft and are engulfed in the Big Crunch. Galan does not die, however; he is transformed by bonding with the Sentience of the Universe. He gestates for billions of years in the universe which formed after the Big Bang, emerging as Galactus. A Watcher (Ecce) sees Galactus' birth; although he recognizes his destructive nature, he chooses not to kill him. Fully awake, Galactus is so hungry that he consumes the nearby planet of Archeopia. This planet is the first of many, since Galactus must consume their life energy for sustenance. In memory of his dead home world Taa and the first planet to fall prey to his hunger, Galactus constructs a new home world (Taa II)."

Punisher Robot: The Punisher was a robot (or an army of robots) that are in the employ of Galactus. These robots while dim-witted are immensely strong, fast and durable. How do I know this? Marvel uses power grids to measure aspects of these heroes and villains on a scale from 1 being the lowest and 7 being the highest. In both speed and strength the Punisher is a 7 and in durability it is a 6. That puts him among the likes of the Hulk, the Thing, and Iron Man. If there is an army of Punishers then Anti-Monitor is in a lot of trouble.

Ultimate Nullifier:

"The Ultimate Nullifier has been described as "the universe's most devastating weapon." As such, the Ultimate Nullifier has the ability to completely and utterly eliminate any target the wielder chooses (through violation of the law of conservation of mass), and"if the wielder's mind isn't powerful enough"the wielder himself. In the hands of a being with an extremely powerful intellect, such as Galactus, the Ultimate Nullifier can destroy entire time-lines from beginning to end and instantly nullify (and, paradoxically, recreate) a multiverse. While its origins are ancient and were previously unknown, it has been revealed that the Ultimate Nullifier is actually an aspect of Galactus. "

An entire universe?!? Imagine what THAT could do with a single individual!

Power Cosmic: The power cosmic is an immeasurable force that only Galactus and his heralds have. This god-like power allows Galactus to do pretty much anything he wants. The things he can do with the Power Cosmic include size alteration, manipulation of molecules, the teleportation of objects including galaxies, telepathy and telekinesis, creation of life and the manipulation of mortal souls. While Anti-Monitor is highly durable, he is NOT immortal. Galactus an manipulate his soul and using that Galactus could easily kill Anti-Monitor.

The powers of Galactus that are less Power cosmic based include solar level scale strength and speed that is far beyond the speed of light. He has the power of vitakinesis which means he can heal his wounds and others wounds at will.

Something that I think is very overlooked and while I mentioned before, I would like to continue on this point is Galactus can change his size. In fact there is no known limit of this power. If I were Galactus I would simply change my size to the point that I would squish Anti-Monitor into nothingness.

For a full list of the powers of Galactus please use this link.

Galactus is always very hungry!

Well, I am very tired and I just do not have it in me to continue. Thanks for reading and good luck Jacobie1121!

jacobie1121 forfeited this round.

Due to a personal request from Con I ask the viewers to excuse his FF. He excused mine earlier in the debate and I feel this is a way to thank him for understanding. I also want to make it clear that I will be post arguments for match-ups three and four.

MATCH-UP THREE: Lizard (Dr. Curtis Connors) VS. Killer-Croc (Waylon Jones)

"After losing his arm in an explosion, Dr. Curtis Connors devoted his life to creating a serum to regenerate lost limbs. Using DNA from reptiles, who naturally regrew lost limbs, Connors created a serum he was sure would work.

Using himself as the first test subject, Connors injected himself with a dose of the formula, and was ecstatic when his arm began to regenerate. However, the reptilian DNA his serum was based on mixed with, and altered, his own DNA, and turned him into a vicious creature known as The Lizard.

While Connors was eventually "cured" by Spider-Man and returned to his human appearance, in times of anger, stress or sadness, Connors body often reverts back into his reptilian form."

Superhuman strength: The Lizard is very strong. He has been recorded to be able to lift around 12 tons. His leg muscles are so developed he can leap up to 18 feet. Killer-Croc can lift less then 4 tons. The Lizard triples the strength of Killer-Croc! Think of it this way: A bear is probably 3-4 times stronger then a human. A bear could kill a human with one punch. The Lizard in this case would be the bear and Killer-Croc is the human.

Intelligence: Curt Connors is a genius. As con pointed out in the second round strength is not all it takes to win a fight. Well, how about strength AND intelligence??? In fact, Killer-Croc's intelligence is lowered in his reptilian form.

"Killer Croc's mind, once possessing above average intelligence, has now lessened greatly due to his advanced mutation level and the specialized virus designed to advance it created by Hush and the Mad Hatter. He is a high school dropout, but has proven to be moderately capable of organizing thugs in small-time racketeering operations. He is usually hired by other villains as muscle or as a hitman, as he is at least intelligent enough to follow instructions."

The Lizard also has a tail, a regenerative healing factor, claws and fangs and the ability to communicate with any reptile within a 2 mile radius.

Killer-Croc has similar powers to the Lizard but the Lizard is just so much more advanced.

The Cold.

I kept this Match-up short just so can focus on the final match-up.

MATCH-UP FOUR: THANOS (Thanos) VS. Darkseid (Uxas)

"Thanos was one of the last sons of A'Lars, progenitor of the second colony of Eternals on Titan, and Sui-San, the last survivor of the original settlement of Eternals on Titan. Born with grey, hide-like skin and a massive body due to being born with the Deviant Syndrome, Thanos was a morose child who became obsessed with the concept of death. Through bionic implementation and long hours of meditation, Thanos augmented his Eternal strengths and powers so that his abilities surpassed those of all other Titanian Eternals.

As he grew in power, Thanos also grew in ambition and desire for conquest. Thanos stole one of his people's starships and traveled to other star systems to recruit soldiers, mercenaries, and malcontents for a private army. With a small fleet, he dropped nuclear devices on his home world Titan, killing thousands of his people, including his mother Sui-San. Declaring himself ruler of Titan, he then set his sights on Earth."

Oh boy.

Infinity Gauntlet:

"The Infinity Gauntlet was designed to hold six of the 'soul gems', better known as the Infinity Gems. When used in combination their already impressive powers make the wearer able to do anything he/she wants."

The Infinity Gems are as follows:

-Power. This gem controls all of the power in the universe and allows that power to be manipulated in any way.
-Time. All aspects of time are controlled by this gem including speed and stopping time.
-Space. The control of space itself. With this gem things like portals, dimensions and wormholes can be created.
-Reality. All laws of the universe and nature can be bent to the wielders will.
-Mind. Telepathy, telekinesis are unlocked when the gem put's the user into universal consciousnesses.
-Soul. The power to control souls with NO limit. Both alive and dead souls respond to the gem. Thanos could use this to manipulate the soul of Darkseid and raise souls from the dead to fight for him.

Imagine the power of all of those gems combined! No matter the user I think that the Infinity Gauntlet could wipe out pretty much anyone in both Marvel and DC

Like having the greatest glove ever is enough.

Intelligence: Thanos is one of the smartest if not the smartest being in the universe. He has mastered virtually every area of science and has created technology that makes us humans look like cave-men!

"Thanos possesses vast superhuman strength the full limits of which aren't known. Death has increased his strength beyond their original limits to levels rivaling or surpassing those of the physically strongest Eternals. Thanos' strength is so vast he has destroyed entire planets with the simple force of his blows. He has proven capable of fighting both Thor and the Thing simultaneously for an extended period. His strength reserves are so vast that he has been able to beat the likes of the Silver Surfer. Thanos can augment his strength with his cosmic energy when needed."

Due to time limitations I will cut this short. For a full summary the powers of Thanos please look here:

Thanks for debating me, and good luck!

I thank my opponent for helping me through busy times. I will post match up 2,3, and 4 right now.

Galactus VS Anti-Monitor

"The Anti-Monitor is a supremely powerful being who controls the Antimatter Universe, acting as an evil counterpart to his brother the Monitor. During the Crisis on Infinite Earths he almost succeeded in destroying the positive matter Multiverse, killing untold billions in the process. He has been involved with the Sinestro Corps and the Black Lantern Corps. Anti-Monitor was created by Marv Wolfman and George P"rez, first appearing in Crisis on Infinite Earths #2. (1985)"

Unique Physiology-

"Sometimes confused with "alien physiology", Unique Physiology is a term used to describe the nature of some characters to have certain advantages over normal human beings. It is a reflection of a character's biological heritage, even Earth-based races such as Atlanteans and Amazons also benefit from having a unique physiology. "

Anti-monitor is "one of the most formidable foes ever faced by the heroes." He is amazingly huge, being several hundreds of meters big. Yes, you heard me right, several HUNDRED METERS. Heck, he is very possibly as big as the biggest building in the world right now, the Burj Khalifa. Now THAT is what I call big. Really flipping big.

Bye bye worlds!-

"He has destroyed and absorbed countless universes, even The Monitor explains that over a thousand universes have been destroyed. Even The Spectre was unable to defeat him even after being augmented by many powerful sorcerers, one even included a fifth dimensional imp. Therefore he wields enough power to destroy a universe. "

That is ridiculous. destroying planets. Just WOW.

Reality Alteration-

"Sometimes confused with "omnipotence", Reality Alteration is a term used to describe the ability of some characters to warp the fabric of reality itself to the whims of the user. These characters are capable of changing, warping or somehow manipulating almost any facet of reality with little distinction for laws of nature or rules of the cosmos."
He can WHAT???? Warp the fabric of reality? I'm gonna faint. That is just overpowered. Overpowered is literally the definition of Anti-monitor. But there is more:

"Sometimes called "Superhuman Durability", Invulnerability is a term used to describe the ability of some characters to withstand any amount of physical damage, pressure, or harmful force of any kind, causing little if any harm or pain to the individual gifted with this power. Things like knifes or bullets will not penetrate the skin, and punches or kicks will cause no pain. The skin and exposed areas of the body become resistant to damage, either from the very cells becoming highly durable, or some kind of physically projected force field that protects the body"

Anti-Monitor can do all this. Heck, he "personally battled scores of the strongest heroes from hundreds of universes simultaneously without taking any damage whatsoever."

"He commanded an army of Qwardians and shadow demons, and had access to highly advanced technology capable of shifting, merging, or destroying entire universes."

Hear that? "access to highly advanced technology capable of shifting, merging, or destroying entire universes." Bang.

Genius level intellect.

Tactical Analysis Genius.

He is just amazing. He would destroy the punisher robot army easily since he "personally battled scores of the strongest heroes from hundreds of universes simultaneously without taking any damage whatsoever." That army would be a piece a cake. He would then deal with Galactus by altering reality. Galactus would try to do whatever, but Anti-Monitor would simply just alter reality so it doesn't work.

"Killer Croc is an enemy of Batman with incredible super-strength and a crocodile-like appearance. This mutation was originally a birth defect, although he becomes more reptilian over time due to genetic experimentation."

POWERS (I will not include physical strength because I admit, Killer Croc is weaker than Lizard in that aspect.)

Regenerative Healing Factor-

He can regenerate almost any injury, heck he can even regenerate limbs! So no matter what lizard hits or cuts off, Killer Croc can just regenerate.

Superhuman Speed-

'Sometimes called "enhanced speed", Superhuman Speed is a term used to describe the ability of some characters to move at a rate of acceleration and maximum speed in excess to that of normal optimal human capacity."

He can easily dodge and weave his way around Lizard.

Enhanced Senses-

"Sometimes called "Superhuman Senses", Enhanced Senses covers the ability to perceive the world in greater detail than the five sense the average human possesses. This includes augmented or superior versions of sight, hearing, smell, touch, and taste as well as "extra" senses."

Finding that one weak spot is crucial in a fight. Enhanced senses make that task a lot easier.

Killer Croc can simply out wait his opponent. he would regenerate limbs and dodge and weave his way through the battle with the super-human speed. Then, using his keen senses, he could find a vulnerable spot on lizard and attack that spot with extreme speed.

"Darkseid is the ruler of Apokolips and Darkseid's Elite and was a major player in the cosmic war that was the Final Crisis. Unto the hell that is Apokolips came Darkseid, pure hatred personified, a merciless tyrant who demanded unwavering devotion and abject fear from all his subjects. A being of unparalleled strength, Darkseid nevertheless preferred not to sully his gloves with combat unless provoked to action. His eyes emitted the formidable Omega Sanction, ray beams that could disintegrate, teleport, or resurrect depending on the dread lord's wishes. His sole mission in life was to find and gain control over the Anti-Life Equation which would give him the means to usurp all free will in the sentient universe. Darkseid first appeared in Superman's Pal, Jimmy Olsen #134 (December, 1970), and was created by Jack Kirby."

New God Physiology-

"The beings of Apokolips call themselves Gods and live outside of normal time and space in a realm called the Fourth World. These New Gods have evolved due to their close proximity to the Source, a primeval energy, believed to be one of the ultimate foundations of the Universal Expression of Energy, along with their superior technology, into beings of genetic stability and evolutionary perfection. The denizens of New Genesis are immortal, stronger, faster, and smarter than homo sapiens, despite their resemblance. "

Ok, let me repeat that. "are immortal." IMMORTAL. The definition of immortal: "living forever; never dying or decaying." NEVER DYING=CAN NOT BE DESTROYED= BADA BING BADA BOOM DARKSEIND WINS.

But, nevertheless, I shall continue:

Superhuman strength-

"Darkseid is an extremely powerful alien hailing from planet Apokolips, who possesses colossal super-strength. Darkseid's full strength potential varies depending on the incarnation. Overall, because he is a high-tier cosmic being, Darkseid can easily overpower and kill humans and most galactic beings, he can bend and break through virtually any man-made material, and can lift extremely heavy objects, decimate full-sized buildings and other structures with his might. He possesses enough strength to match beings such as Superman and Wonder Woman in combat. Depending on the incarnation, he could overpower Superman with nothing but brute strength, or vice versa. As a god of New Genesis, he is able to break even the strongest of metals, once breaking a Green Lantern Ring with his bare hands. It is generally accepted that Darkseid is multi million mega ton range of strength and is among the universe's strongest beings."

I honestly feel bad for you Darth Kirones. He is invincible. He is stronger than Superman. But that is not all:

Superhuman Stamina-

"t is generally accepted that Darkseid can maintain continuous movement and strenuous exercise for unlimited periods of time without ever getting weary or tired in the process, and it that regard, he can battle other aliens for extended amounts of time before tiring."

Unlimited strenuous exersise? Dang...

Omega Effect-

"Darkseid wields a cosmic energy field called "Omega Effect", which proves integral, as it is the core from which his other abilities manifest from. This effect allows him to transverse through time and space, also enabling him to break barriers and force-fields."

Omega Beams-

"Darkseid's main power. He focuses this power as a form of energy that he fires from his eyes. This effect is not only a relentless attack, but it is capable of teleporting the target to any location Darkseid chooses and recall them later or erase the target from the universe and similarly reform them. Darkseid has pinpoint control over his Omega Beams, and his unerring aim allows it to travel in straight lines or bend, twist or curve around corners."

Psionic Possession-

He can negate ANY SUPERHUMAN ANYTHING FROM ANYONE. Bye, bye powers of Thanos.

Telepathy, Telekinesis, Matter Manipulation, Size Alteration, Genius Level Intellect , Tactical Analysis,

HE IS IMMORTAL. He simply can not die. he can also neutralize any of Thanos's Powers.
For more info, just use the last link. I am down to less than 4 characters.

Vote Placed by FuzzyCatPotato 2 years ago
Reasons for voting decision: AntiMonitor is OP, Darthsied ditto
Vote Placed by 9spaceking 2 years ago
Reasons for voting decision: even not accounting the ff, pro still proved that within most battles the former contestant would win, and only within the last round did con manage to prove his side would win, so 4/5 goes to pro.