Sitara
DemocraticChampion

The harm done to rape and murder victims is proof that these actions are evil.

Sitara

Pro

Le definition de evil: http://www.merriam-webster.com.... I will do my best to debate better this time. Anywhoo, evil is defined as 1. a. morally reprehensible. Rape and murder fits that definition. Also defined as 1. b. actual or imputed bad character or conduct. Rape and murder fits that. Next defined as 2. b. causing discomfort or repulsion. Ask any rape victim or survivor and they will tell you how repulsed they were by there rapist. Again defined as 3. a. causing harm. rape victims suffer major psychological problems such as post traumatic stress disorder, panic attacks, sexual dysfunction, psychosomatic illnesses (being so stressed out that you get sick) digestive problems, suicidal thinking, unplanned pregnancy, sexually transmitted infections, and so on. Next I submit whatever your beliefs about a god or gods may be some things are just wrong. To anyone who says otherwise, are you honestly saying that you would not care if you loved one was murdered or you were raped? Murder defined as unlawful killing is wrong because it denies someone's right live, and rape is wrong because sexuality should be a free choice. Oh, and bodily autonomy is a right, so rape and murder violate both of these.
DemocraticChampion

Con

Sitara

Pro

Hello. So what is your statement hun? I suck with the sturcture, sorry.
DemocraticChampion

Con

because murdering and raping someone is wrong and evil
Sitara

Pro

Sitara forfeited this round.
DemocraticChampion

Con

DemocraticChampion forfeited this round.
Sitara

Pro

Sitara forfeited this round.
DemocraticChampion

Con

Posted by funwiththoughts 4 years ago
funwiththoughts
Sitara, explain how murder and rape are "morally reprehensible" and "actual or imputable bad conduct or character". I believe it should be obvious, but even so, you are in a debate, so back up your claims.
Posted by Atrag 4 years ago
Atrag
Mikal: why a 'rational society'? Surely if something is morally wrong then its morally irrespective of what that society believes? Just because society believes rape is right does not back it right.
Posted by Sitara 4 years ago
Sitara
Thanks. Will do.
Posted by Mikal 4 years ago
Mikal
I took this before and don't want to take it again.

I would recommend you change the topic to something like "Rape and Murder in a rational society are inherently wrong" then define that murder is killing an innocent people without a justified cause.
Posted by Mikal 4 years ago
Mikal

Posted by TheYummyCod 4 years ago
TheYummyCod
Very easy debate for Con. Pro will have a lot of trouble debating that harm is proof enough for evil.