The holocaust never happened.

There is no physical proof. Who would do something so bad? The Jews just made it up to blame people for their troubles.

I'll accept. I assume the first round is for acceptance.

Holocaust- The genocide of European Jews and others by the Nazis during World War II

I find it terrible that someone can deny such an event occurred based on their anti-Semitic views. I also hope my opponent does not live in one of the 17 countries where denial of the holocaust is illegal.

If my opponents argument is there is no physical proof I hope for their sake that he/she is trolling. I hope in round 2 my opponent offers something better than the Jews made it up.

Alright, here's the deal: were you there? No. Therefore, you can't prove it happened.

Alright let’s get this going.

My opponents only argument is "were you there? No. Therefore, you can't prove it happened."

I may not have been there but plenty of other people were.

Many Nazi's after and during world war one admitted to the holocaust.

Heinrich Himmler, one of the most powerful Nazi's, gave a speech in Pozan, Poland talking about the holocaust. Here are some quotes from that speech (1).

"It is one of those things that is easily said. "The Jewish people is being exterminated," every Party member will tell you, "perfectly clear, it's part of our plans, we're eliminating the Jews, exterminating them, ha!, a small matter."

"We have the moral right, we had the duty to our people to do it, to kill this people who wanted to kill us."

As you can see it was clear that the Nazi's were exterminating the Jews.

SS private Boeck said

"They opened the door, threw the children in and closed the door. There was a terrible cry. A member of the SS climbed on the roof. The people went on crying for about ten minutes. Then the prisoners opened the doors. Everything was in disorder and contorted. Heat was given off. The bodies were loaded on a rough wagon and taken to a ditch. The next batch were already undressing in the huts. After that I didn't look at my wife for four weeks."(2)

Not only this but some Nazi documentation survived the war.

One document that survived the war was the Jagar Report. Written by SS officer Jagar it records the killing of 137,346 Jews in a five mouth span(3).

During the Nuremberg Trails allied prosecutors submitted over 3000 tons of documentation (4).

The argument "were you there? No. Therefore, you can't prove it happened" is a terrible one. I didn't witness 9/11, I was only 4. But just because I didn't witness it does not mean it did not happen.

If my opponent wants eyewitness testimony I direct him/her to these links. (5)(6)(7)(8)

This isn't worth my or anyone elses time. If my opponent wants to make ridiculous claims and then insult everyone by using fake logic, they should not be debating this topic.

Now if my opponent wishes to take this debate more seriously I will make a more detailed and better response in the next round. But for my opponent to make a debate about such a sensitive matter and then treat it like a joke is just disrespectful.

colefweber forfeited this round.

Arguments extended.

I did kind of want to debate this.

Vote con.
Posted by angrymen 4 years ago
So if you just want to troll this I would like it if you would just admit it. It saddens me to think think that you are serious and really believe what you said.
Posted by angrymen 4 years ago
Another one of these?
Vote Placed by Man-is-good 4 years ago
Reasons for voting decision: Someone had to vote...Pro's arguments were nil and shallow to the point of sheer ridiculousness; Con appeared to be more serious in providing physical evidence of the Holocaust that Pro's forfeit prevented him from addressing it in his final round.