debata
LibertarianWithAVoice

The human race would be better off if everyone decided to be vegetarian.

debata

Pro

It would be a progressive step for the human race for as many people as possible to begin following vegetarian plant based diets. I think this is something that will inevitably happen over the next few hundred years.
LibertarianWithAVoice

Con

I will break this down into three basic arguments throughout the three rounds. This round will be the most basic, being a vegetarian does not provide for a better race or society. There is no direct correlation between eating only vegetables and good leadership, morals, less crime, higher rate of evolution, or intelligence. In fact I have read some articles saying that hunting animals improved human cunning, eating the meat made them able to wean children faster, and led to massive population growth. Here is a link to one of the articles mentioned. http://www.sciencedaily.com...
debata

Pro

debata forfeited this round.
LibertarianWithAVoice

Con

I'm sorry you forfeited this round.
For this second round I bring up the issue health.
Vegetarianism can deprive the person on this diet of certain nutrients. Certain types of vegetarianism can cut major sources of protein, iron, iodine, and zinc to name a few. These can lead to several health problems and physical/mental fatigue. If not treated these problems can become very serious. http://www.mnn.com...
debata

Pro

debata forfeited this round.
LibertarianWithAVoice

Con

LibertarianWithAVoice forfeited this round.